Aberdeen 1 - 0 Kilmarnock

5 hours ago, shinniesta1 said:

Fuck me he's already mentioned the wind

Aye, fucking classic.

Just like... :clangers2:

GTF pitiful fucking cunt.

Anyhoo, was at party, game was on in background, caught some of it, mostly looked brutal as fuck.

Cypriot neighbour was watching for a bit, genuinely said "oh, this is like the football of the village team up the hill".

For this, I had no defence. Moderately perturbed, but no, I couldn't argue that at all.

Fucking embarrassing.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

A goal, a goal from a striker, a win and a clean sheet all in one day Tord. 

#donsfansshouldbecarefulwhattheywishfor

It's heady days.

Had a couple mates moaning about the game management and I'm like bring it on weve not seen any of our famous game management in two months.

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Not for me.

In a gusting wind, it is easy to put in a poor cross,  it not to beat the first man means there’s no opportunity at all to score.

By beating the first man, you get an opportunity or make the defender have to deal with it and can lead to a mistake or a corner.

For me, the biggest frustration with our crossing is when we fail to beat that first defender

Im not saying I was any good at football but I played many a game on the wing in the wind he had no one near him after getting past the defender all he had to do was we dink in but instead it was hit with pace past everyone that’s just as bad as it hitting the first man. 

What a shite game of football ?

McInnes saying hornby injury was caused by his run, not the shot. I think he should have left it to Campbell who was running onto it. 

Defensively solid enough, thought midfield was decent enough. 

Just don't think 352 or 532, whatever its meant to be, actually suits us. 

18 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm conscious that I am maybe coming across as a dickhead here and it won't be nice to read, but I am at my wits end with this team

The main thing that bugs me is purely that I either want a player to be a flair player, or a hard bastard

Mcinnes keeps calling Campbell a "technician" and believe me, I would love that to be the case but I just cannot see what is meant by that - it may well be me that is wrong

I just wish he would grab a game by the scruff of the neck, he seems too "nice"

Why though?  That's what Ferguson and McCrorie are in the team for, it's clear to me (and others) that deans inclusion in the side, especially yesterday allows those two to play more freely as he'll be there doing a lot of work.

8 hours ago, ollie1903 said:

Only Hornby got in the road of Campbell coming straight on to the ball with the easier strike at goal. But you know that really though, don't you. 

I thought that as well. Deano is certainly coming on with the run of games he is getting which is the normal process for a 19 Year old. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very true. Absolutely awful and lifeless game of football but at long last a goal and 3 points. 

Kilmarnock are fucking dreadful. The sooner they are out of our league the better ?.

Their boy Mulumbu has regressed badly. 

Why would you want Killie out the league when we’ve only lost one in 32 games against them & even that was down to a ridiculous Craig Thomson decision sending off Devlin after 5 minutes?

I’d far rather Hamilton went, although I think they’ll survive as usual. 

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would you want Killie out the league when we’ve only lost one in 32 games against them & even that was down to a ridiculous Craig Thomson decision sending off Devlin after 5 minutes?

I’d far rather Hamilton went, although I think they’ll survive as usual. 

Good point. However, I just cannot stand Kilmarnock FC that's all. 

• Downvote 1

I like young Campbell as a player and thought he came into a very good game after a shaky start but as I said yesterday the incident with Hornby was his fault it wasn’t as if Hornby took a bad touch or was laying it off, he was cutting inside to open the goal up for a better shooting angle.

If it was a bad touch and then Hornby was stretching to shoot then maybe there could of been an argument that Campbell was the better option. Probably better communication between the two would of helped but no striker would have left it in that situation, Campbell should of known this and went round him to drag defenders away 

• Dildo 1