Celtic 1 - 0 Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Is it? First 7/8 mins were great. After that it was mostly a training exercise. 

See what Celtic fans would think? We missed at least 3 good chances. 

Ive watched us get dominated by Celtic plenty and it’s looked like a training match. The last two games haven’t been that at all.

1 minute ago, NEM said:

???

I’ll have some of what you’ve been drinking please 

You don’t think the two games against Celtic and one against Killie were an improvement on the Hibs and St Mirren for example? 

Yes we are shite but people just spout shite in one direction on here. Literally no balance in opinions whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

You don’t think the two games against Celtic and one against Killie were an improvement on the Hibs and St Mirren for example? 

Yes we are shite but people just spout shite in one direction on here. Literally no balance in opinions whatsoever. 

Maybe there was an improvement but we were still absolutely shite in all 3. You’re easily pleased if you’re happy with that 

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

See what Celtic fans would think? We missed at least 3 good chances. 

Ive watched us get dominated by Celtic plenty and it’s looked like a training match. The last two games haven’t been that at all.

The latter 35 mins of the second half was like a training match for them. We were better second half, but can you tell me a save Bain had to make in the 80 mins after the Taylor header? What clear chance did we fashion from open play? 

We've definitely played a lot worse against Celtic, of that I'm aware. Contextually though, with the games that have gone before, today still wasn't good enough. 

We're not failing to score because we're unlucky, we're failing to score because collectively we have a team that doesn't create chances. 

This team needs a new manager with fresh ideas, and some money spent on mobility and creativity, the two most critical things we lack going forward. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The latter 35 mins of the second half was like a training match for them. We were better second half, but can you tell me a save Bain had to make in the 80 mins after the Taylor header? What clear chance did we fashion from open play? 

We've definitely played a lot worse against Celtic, of that I'm aware. Contextually though, with the games that have gone before, today still wasn't good enough. 

Clear chance for considine, was a bit behind him but should have done miles better. Header cleared off the line too.

Just now, Ke1t said:

We're not failing to score because we're unlucky, we're failing to score because collectively we have a team that doesn't create chances. 

This team needs a new manager with fresh ideas, and some money spent on mobility and creativity, the two most critical things we lack going forward. 

When your only tactic is swing crosses in, you won't score many goals. It's a horrendous tactic that has an astonishingly low success rate (around 1% on average). 

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I would say we played alright in the two Celtic games and nae great against Killie. Kamberi has made a bit of a difference in the team for me. 

I thought Kamberi was terrible today...nothing like his first 3 games. 

We're fucking lightweights. Scraped 1-0 home to bottom club and get mugged twice by the shittest tim side in decades. However you want to cut it since January its been bottom 6 form - probably bottom 2 or 3

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

When your only tactic is swing crosses in, you won't score many goals. It's a horrendous tactic that has an astonishingly low success rate (around 1% on average). 

We don't even swing in that many crosses. In open play we tend to hit the first man or play the ball backwards. And from free kicks... I don't even know what they're being taught to do for free kicks, because getting the ball in a dangerous area doesn't seem to be a critical part of our free kick philosophy. 

Clear chance for considine, was a bit behind him but should have done miles better. Header cleared off the line too.

I would've said they were half chances. Both fashioned from set pieces, the header wasn't strong enough to go in, and Considine never had it out his feet. 

I appreciate your optimism. It's commendable, and we could still get third, but there's no escaping how shit this is and has been. 

Not posted on here for a while. I'd just like everyone to take a step back and look at where we are just now. We have scored one goal in 8 games. Not one point from 8 games, one goal in 8 games. I don't think any manager in the modern game, in any league, would survive that. Anyone accepting that, or making excuses for that, is a bigger loser than McInnes.

• Upvote 14
1 minute ago, old sheep said:

Not posted on here for a while. I'd just like everyone to take a step back and look at where we are just now. We have scored one goal in 8 games. Not one point from 8 games, one goal in 8 games. I don't think any manager in the modern game, in any league, would survive that. Anyone accepting that, or making excuses for that, is a bigger loser than McInnes.

+1

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, old sheep said:

Welcome back... & well said.

4 minutes ago, old sheep said:

^Puts this mess into perspective  :applause: