Old firm B teams

I spotted amongst the proposals, the following:

The only change to the financial model would be teams in first and second place in the Premiership, who would forego £290,000 for the first five seasons.

So rather brazenly, they have stated that the scheme will be funded from the winnings of the top two.  Yeah, yeah, we get it.  No one else should ever think about finishing top two.

Even aside from that, it's an abomination of an idea.

1 hour ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

I spotted amongst the proposals, the following:

The only change to the financial model would be teams in first and second place in the Premiership, who would forego £290,000 for the first five seasons.

So rather brazenly, they have stated that the scheme will be funded from the winnings of the top two.  Yeah, yeah, we get it.  No one else should ever think about finishing top two.

Even aside from that, it's an abomination of an idea.

Fucking presumptuous, cheeky, arrogant cunts.

Ok, chances are Aberdeen (or anyone else) isn’t likely to finish in the top 2, but if we do, we’re funding the arse cheeks youth teams playing in the lower leagues 

Just fuck off. 

Old guy often read posts and swore never to join,too old for trading insults the reason.

However joined on a whim while back (drunk)

So first post is a promise if this colt nonsense comes to pass that's me finished with football in this country after 50yrs.

The duopoly is back and i can live with that but for that two to gain further advantage over us provisional clubs is too much.

• Upvote 1

What a bizarre shithole Scotland is.

People happy to be ruled by corrupt,  mutant, warmongering scum from another country.

Then to tolerate their primary sport being a closed shop for the sole benefit of 2 football clubs formed as a direct consequence of aforementioned colonial captivity.

Jesus wept.

• Upvote 6

They need to be told to fuck right off. Why don’t they play their youth in their 1st team like everyone else does.

Complete shitshow. They’ll hoover up the vast majority of yoots and then burn them at 21. Cluster on too many levels to only solve one basic problem. Simplicity is the key here - stop buying young foreign talent and old journeymen, and start playing your own youth academy. Bunch of cunts.

It's quite remarkable just how pathetic Scottish football clubs are that they repeatedly allow the Old Firm to control the agenda.

Is their any ambition or sense of fair play or business acumen in any of these clubs at all?

As for pundits and the likes of John Collins etc none of them could give a fuck about Scottish football, they are completely blinded by the old firm obsession.

This obsession has been slowly killing Scottish football for decades and no journalist or pundit or club chairman seems to have the sense to demand and end to it and some major changes to restore a bit of equity.

B teams might be harmless enough in a more fairly operated league, with healthy competition and a chance for all the senior clubs to take part  but if this is implemented in Scotland we'll almost certainly get the most lop sided unfair implementation of B teams ever dreamed up.

If guys like Collins had any sort of clue or actually cared about football in Scotland they'd  be advocating changes to make the situation better not worse.

Basic things that even more professionally run leagues manage to impose on all clubs like squad limits, financial fair play and a sensible distribution of league income.

Scottish Football is killing itself with this inability to perceive where its problems really lie.  

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised they've stipulated can't rise higher than League One (as opposed to Championship) and cant be over age 21 (as you'd have thought they'd want the option to stick a fringe player down for four months if they were far down the pecking order).

I hope it is voted against as these clubs will instantly become bigger than the majority of clubs and after a few years could be as big as the top clubs.

They'll easily get 10,000-15,000 attendances for the Saturday 3pm home games as it'll never clash with the first teams away games as they'll 19/20 times be on a tv ko time.

Good to see so many finally realising that Scottish football is rotten to the core, I've been totally disgusted, ashamed and affronted by the way that the game has allowed itself to be dragged in the gutter, I've been utterly bemused by what our game has become, 

This colts proposal which make no mistake will be voted through, is surely the final nail in the coffin. 

I have some sympathy with the league 1 and 2 clubs, theyve watched as the top division has gobbled up 86% of the sponsorship revenues,  as we the fans have accepted and allowed the clubs to do what the fuck they like, 

Aberdeen have been as complicent as the rest maybe more so  having had the chance to change the voting structure and have a representative on the spfl board, 

We have the opportunity again to let the people that govern our game to see our disgust by boycotting the game. 

But alas as always we will continue to do what we always do moan like fuck about but do little else, and the clubs fucking know it

3 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Good to see so many finally realising that Scottish football is rotten to the core, I've been totally disgusted, ashamed and affronted by the way that the game has allowed itself to be dragged in the gutter, I've been utterly bemused by what our game has become, 

This colts proposal which make no mistake will be voted through, is surely the final nail in the coffin. 

I have some sympathy with the league 1 and 2 clubs, theyve watched as the top division has gobbled up 86% of the sponsorship revenues,  as we the fans have accepted and allowed the clubs to do what the fuck they like, 

Aberdeen have been as complicent as the rest maybe more so  having had the chance to change the voting structure and have a representative on the spfl board, 

We have the opportunity again to let the people that govern our game to see our disgust by boycotting the game. 

But alas as always we will continue to do what we always do moan like fuck about but do little else, and the clubs fucking know it

im not so convinced it'll be voted through. i wouldnt 'make no mistake' quite yet

as long as the top flight clubs have a vote then i dont think its certain

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

im not so convinced it'll be voted through. i wouldnt 'make no mistake' quite yet

as long as the top flight clubs have a vote then i dont think its certain

The lower league clubs will they need the cash, because of the greed of the top clubs, caused by the top tier clubs

26 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

The lower league clubs will they need the cash, because of the greed of the top clubs, caused by the top tier clubs

if its the style of voting where

top flight is 4 votes per club, championship 3 votes per club etc then its the big clubs who decide.

Ive not seen what the voting system is?

23 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

How many folk on here would not return if it happens? 

The clubs see the fans "threaten" to do it but must be fucking laughing as we all go along like before, 

Clubs have absolutely no interest I what fans want, they speil thier shite that they do, because they know the fans will swallow it

we wont need to do anything aberdeen will certainly vote against colt teams

10 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

John Collins was an utter disgrace on this topic last night on Sportsound. 

He's an egotistical maniac.

The worst part is when they come out with the "but they'll fill your wee stadiums when they can't go watch the big team" patronising bullshit. When are Weegie's ever welcomed anywhere (apart from Peterhead and Blackpool). 

What an utter joke..if, within my lifetime, both of them fucked off to some new found, football, financial promised land then as least something  positive will have happened for this country. Fuck them and fuck the tv money loss it would cause..Scottish football would go on....

if this nonsense goes ahead then John Collins can have the honour of being the last man to leave that turns the lights out...prick!

7 hours ago, Tord31 said:

we wont need to do anything aberdeen will certainly vote against colt teams

Even if Aberdeen vote against it, and remember Cormack has proved so far, to be Doncasters bitch, if every other top flight teams votes for it will go through 

I'm sure a simple majority is required the other 3 divisions, that will be a formality

18 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This is exactly the trojan horse here. But probably not England, some Atlantic shite is more likely. 

Wait a few years until the colt teams are higher up the league and leave them behind when they try and join some other league set up and use them as a feeder team to their big team. 2 revenue sources. 

If they want to fuck off they should just fuck off. And take their colt teams with them. 

Seems the Dutch and Belgian leagues may be getting closer to merging.  If this happens then expect to see significant pressure from the arse cheeks to move down south.  

59 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Even if Aberdeen vote against it, and remember Cormack has proved so far, to be Doncasters bitch, if every other top flight teams votes for it will go through 

I'm sure a simple majority is required the other 3 divisions, that will be a formality

It’s been knocked back several times before - hopefully the chairmen do the right thing and tell them to GTF again

Ridiculous idea, listening to those agenda driven sycophants in the media like Ian McCall and John Collins, they clearly think the rest of us are too stupid to see past the short-term bribe on offer to the lower tier sides.

They'll just hoover up the remainder of the talent and place them in their "B" squads, how on earth is that good for Scottish Football?

• Upvote 1