Old firm B teams

On 4/14/2021 at 5:59 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Have you ever considered moving to London? 

Again?

God no. It's full of complicated über gays with sixteen different genital variations and incomprehensible nu-speak.

Which is why I left. Anyone else miss the days of good old-fashioned man on man action?

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

There’s no positive!,and they would just upgrade their youth budget to make sure that finals vs Montrose are easy for them. Montrose don’t bring through quality like Welsh and Johnson’s of this world.trying to pay off the wee teams for a foot in the door.

can picture the media in Scotland now “big 2 get invited to England”, Scottish media our game will die without them, thank god for the colts.

media would put pressure on every day to accept them in to the bigger leagues.

pile of shite talking about developing young players in the lowland league (or the highland league for that matter) as the standard will be much lower than if they let the players go out to league 1 or 2 and the most promising to the championship where they could develop amongst seasoned professionals surely that's better than cuffing Gretna every week.

The whole concept of the idea being better for the development of the Scottish game as a whole is utter bollocks but i guess the lowland league is made up of bigoted wee clubs who would love to say they are mixing with the arse cheeks 

This is just a cash grab for the Lowland League sides. Read that the games against the colts teams won't even count in terms of points or league places, they're glorified friendlies. Football is getting fucking mental with stuff like Qatar joining the European qualifying section for exactly the same reason, it's all about £££.

3 hours ago, pocrawred said:

Haha looks like the lowland leagues have blown the ugly sister colts idea right outa the water.....FTH, FTT.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7087990/lowland-league-rangers-celtic-colts-blasted-east-west-south/

The huns boast no-one likes them then are shocked when anyone tells them to fuck off.

Self entitled, tedious, unaware,attention seeking, cluless weegie cunts (a bit like millermong really). 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The Lowland League is a shite standard. Any half decent young Rangers or Celtic players will go on loan to League 1 or League 2 clubs and it'll be the pish youngsters who are playing these glorified friendlies.

This was about them getting a foot in the door, next step will be whoring themselves back to the SPFL potentially with the carrot of voting to remove relegation from League 2 if they're permitted to join. A large number of the lower SPFL clubs will absolutely go for that having seen East Stirling, Berwick and now possibly Brechin disappear into the wilderness.

This is a safety net for both Rangers and Celtic to have a confirmed league presence in Scotland for when they fuck off to a Euro league somewhere down the line. None of this is progressive, or for the good of Scottish football. The Lowland League clubs that voted for this have sold out for £2,500 each.

• Upvote 1
On 3/16/2021 at 11:23 AM, caledonia said:

Celtic and Rangers B teams could join Scottish League 2 next season https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56412970

If this shit goes ahead i am out.

how long before we have sevco B v celtic B live on tv in the cup

There should be a move to boot the arse cheeks out of the league down to England, not add a couple of tribute acts.

This is the precursor to them joining a high profile British league and leave their colt teams to take over the rest of Scottish football, they will literally have their cake and eat it, all assisted by the corrupt sfa. It’s absolutely scandalous, akin to the European Super League suggestion. The game in Scotland is totally rigged. Cormack needs to stand up now and 100% refuse to let the colt teams join the leagues in any format and get it included in the next rules format 

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

This is the precursor to them joining a high profile British league and leave their colt teams to take over the rest of Scottish football, they will literally have their cake and eat it, all assisted by the corrupt sfa. It’s absolutely scandalous, akin to the European Super League suggestion. The game in Scotland is totally rigged. Cormack needs to stand up now and 100% refuse to let the colt teams join the leagues in any format and get it included in the next rules format 

I pray that come time Cormack is really going to upset the Apple cart and have us punching well above our weight. Imagine how much the SFA would hate that! Absolute shower of cunts! 

Huns and Tims will not be going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately no matter what they try, this failed super league means there is no way the big English clubs would be allowed to wield there power in such a way that would allow the Bigot brothers in. 

52 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

The Colt teams will never reach the Scottish Premiership.

The fans will see to that.

The Scottish game has always been about these teams.

It is up to other clubs to raise their games and compete against them.

Fact of the matter is something needs put in place for the young players to get competitive football, it's no good signing them at 16 and them hardly having any game time till they eventually don't make the grade or are meant to step up to first team level. If reserve/under 23 football isn't coming back any time soon something needs to be in its place.

I think for us the Highland league is an option worth consideration, playing against experienced adults is no easy task for the youngsters, I've seen enough pre season games over the years to know it would be far from a walk over for them. Has to be with a caveat of no promotion ever.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Of course. It'd give us an unfair advantage, just like it'd give the glasgow 2 an unfair advantage. 

How does it give us an unfair advantage, at present as far as I know there is no league for the young players to play in they need to have someone to play against 

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

I’m afraid there’s fuck all Cormack can do about it thanks to the cretin he replaced 

• Upvote 1

Surely we can get enough reserve/under 23 teams together to have a league? 

Even if it is regional. 

A north/East league and a south/West league. Top 2 in each league play semi finals etc.  

You'd get a small TV deal for the latter stages. I remember the days when the junior Cup final was live on stv. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Surely we can get enough reserve/under 23 teams together to have a league? 

Even if it is regional. 

A north/East league and a south/West league. Top 2 in each league play semi finals etc.  

You'd get a small TV deal for the latter stages. I remember the days when the junior Cup final was live on stv. 

Used to love going to the Reserves at Pittodrie, when I was a kid we would go on a Saturday when first team was away and we used to get some decent crowds especially against the Cheeks. Then used to take my loon to the reserves when he was about 5/6 to dip his toes in the water before first team games by then they were moved to midweek but still at Pittodrie and again sometimes got small but decent crowds especially when we were getting a raft of trialists in a few Years back. It used to be FOC with Season tickets. No idea why they stopped this probably some Cheeks Bollocks or unsmart thinking by the authorities

• Upvote 1
Just now, Sheepo said:

Used to love going to the Reserves at Pittodrie, when I was a kid we would go on a Saturday when first team was away and we used to get some decent crowds especially against the Cheeks. Then used to take my loon to the reserves when he was about 5/6 to dip his toes in the water before first team games by then they were moved to midweek but still at Pittodrie and again sometimes got small but decent crowds especially when we were getting a raft of trialists in a few Years back. It used to be FOC with Season tickets. No idea why they stopped this probably some Cheeks Bollocks or unsmart thinking by the authorities

That was my first sighting of many of our young players, going to reserve games at Pittodrie. 

I remember the first time I saw Glass himself in one of those games against the Hun reserves. Played up front and scored a double in a 2-2 draw I think.  Was a complete stand out in that team. 

Think we only paid a couple of quid to get in. The main stand was the only one open.