Welcome back Stephen Glass

“His coaching style and track-record of developing young players at Atlanta United, like George Bello from the academy to the first team, to now becoming a US international player, and working with top professionals like Argentinian international Pity Martinez, a South American player of the year, who Atlanta United then sold for around $20 million, along with his leadership and communication skills are exactly what we need at this juncture for Aberdeen Football Club.”

Sorted then eh?

I get why folk are raging. He wouldn't have been my choice, and it doesn't seem like a great "process" was followed. 

However, there's absolutely no sense in going mental until he's had a good crack at the job. 

There's nothing any of us can do about it, so we should just wait and see what happens. 

As with all managerial appointments, they are either a stroke of genius, or an abomination. 

Let's just hold tight and see what the summer brings. 

10 minutes ago, dervish said:

“His coaching style and track-record of developing young players at Atlanta United, like George Bello from the academy to the first team, to now becoming a US international player, and working with top professionals like Argentinian international Pity Martinez, a South American player of the year, who Atlanta United then sold for around $20 million, along with his leadership and communication skills are exactly what we need at this juncture for Aberdeen Football Club.”

Sorted then eh?

Just needed to add on the end of that “and he was free”

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I get why folk are raging. He wouldn't have been my choice, and it doesn't seem like a great "process" was followed. 

However, there's absolutely no sense in going mental until he's had a good crack at the job. 

There's nothing any of us can do about it, so we should just wait and see what happens. 

As with all managerial appointments, they are either a stroke of genius, or an abomination. 

Let's just hold tight and see what the summer brings. 

I think we’ll know long before the summer how this will unfold.

I start a book now. Gone by October, 4/1 favourite 

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I predict he'll be ok in the short term as I'm expecting he'll be backed with some of the 10 new players being very very decent.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Long before the summer? Eh? 

He has 5 games in the league left with the mess he's inherited?

Bitty OTT no? 

Cannot say I’m impressed but guess (equally) I cannot say I am confident this will be a massive failure.

It’s a totally unknown/type experiment it seems from outside looking in but maybe they know a lot more than we do &it isn’t just blind faith/hope in a mate/puppet on the cheap option.

I am certainly underwhelmed but will give it a chance. 
Will take me a bit of time to accept Brown (if that will be the case) though. Results will have to be VERY impressive for me to begin to accept that cunt. 

The fact that he is rumoured just because he is a ‘good mate’ of the manager is the first fkn negative for a start. Outwith the fact he’s a cunt

47 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

Mcghee appointment was worse, but even most of us got behind him to start with. The concern for me isn't Glass being the manager per se, it is that Cormack clearly had him eyed up long before DM got the bullet and there are clearly some things going on between us and Atlanta that we aren't being made aware of. I will get right behind SG, but DC is  bullshitter of the highest order. 

Everyone raging that the new chairman isn't behaving the way the last chairman, who everyone hated, did.

Obviously big pals judging by the multiple photos of Cormack and Glass with their arms round each other's shoulders on Dave's social media. 

Looks like they holiday together as well judging by some of them. 

The two of them must have been plotting this for some time. 

Here's hoping it pays off. You'd expect him to back his man financially if they're so close. 

My tuppence. Tough. You're getting it.

It seems an almost uniquely Scottish thing that managers MUST have a connection to the club, to the detriment of the cv or ability. 

We have a manager chased out of Milton Keynes and not missed by Utd fans. But falls up the way to Hearts cos he used to play for us. 

Same at work here. Glass has a very modest cv that should see him nowhere near a club the size of Aberdeen. Maybe assistant manager. But the manager? Can't even see him controlling a dressing room. Seems too nice a wee guy. 

• Dildo 5
54 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Jon Gallagher is expected to be announced as returning this afternoon too.

Worst fishing ever

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Seemingly a 12 month contract? Bit strange 

Anything more would be ridiculous tbh. This is experimental after all, cannot convince anyone of otherwise really.

If Glass is as committed to ‘the cause’ as they make out. Then shouldn’t be any issues extending if he’s a success 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Worst fishing ever

Anything more would be ridiculous tbh. This is experimental after all, cannot convince anyone of otherwise really.

If Glass is as committed to ‘the cause’ as they make out. Then shouldn’t be any issues extending if he’s a success 

12 month contract makes it seem like there’s not really a plan.