Welcome back Stephen Glass

1 minute ago, muttonhumper said:

Especially, contrary to popular or mainstream opinion, when he returned.

He single handedly kept that shite team up for a couple of seasons.

Some of the strikes he put away, fucking superb.

Indeed he ended up being frustrating to watch sometimes as he had to go back to the keeper to get the ball all the time as the rest of the team were so hilariously pish.

Some of my best memories as a Dons fan and going to games since 1978 involve Jess. Zero's hat trick at Dens was my abiding memory of him. Jess the 2nd time around kept possibly the poorest Dons team of my time in the division a couple of season. I couldn't give a shit who else he played for and what he did there, although Millermong quoting Coventry and Bradford to modern fans might sound shit now but both were EPL teams then

2 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Cost 450k, scored 11 goals in 3 years and left for free (pathetic business).

17 caps for Morocco scoring 3 goals (2 of which were against Bakina Faso).

Played for FUS Rabat, Aberdeen, some UAE club then some other Moroccan lot.

I've no ill will towards the boy but those stats sum him up, good entertainment for kids and wifies during a shite period. 

3 in 17 

“A goal every second game”

Never change Millermong, never change ?

22 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Some of my best memories as a Dons fan and going to games since 1978 involve Jess. Zero's hat trick at Dens was my abiding memory of him. Jess the 2nd time around kept possibly the poorest Dons team of my time in the division a couple of season. I couldn't give a shit who else he played for and what he did there, although Millermong quoting Coventry and Bradford to modern fans might sound shit now but both were EPL teams then

Burnley were a 4th division team when I was a kid. Jess was better than Zerouali. No doubt about it.

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Zerouali was a brilliant player and had every fan of their seat literally bowing. 

it’s a shame to see him get a lot of stick on here, although I understand if it is mainly just to annoy millertime

He had some ability.  I don't think anyone would dispute that.  He most certainly wasn't a brilliant player though!!  He could pull a wonder strike, or a fancy flick, out of nothing and it would get the fans off their seat!  I was a season ticket holders in those days - and he was one of the few players I enjoyed watching from time to time.  However, most of the time he was a waste of space, who contributed next to nothing.  A total passenger - the reason he was often on the bench!  Don't get me wrong - I used to be among the supporters chanting for him to come on - to liven up an otherwise boring afternoon!

A 'brilliant player' - c'mon mate!.  A cult hero - certainly!  Says it all about where he went after Aberdeen!  If he had any substance about him, he'd have got another British/European club... as it turned out, he left us in his mid-20s, bounced around the middle east, then back to Africa and was washed up by 27 y/o before meeting his demise - which was really sad!

Even during Jess's second spell, he was the driving force in our team and was several levels above anyone else. I'm not old enough to remember Miller, Strachan, Weir, etc... so Jess was the best player I've ever seen play for Aberdeen, by a country mile!  The Jess stuff is just MT having a crack back at folk!  I know MT had a friendship with Zerouali - so he is just trying to defend his mate.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Did Zero not have a full on tantrum on the sidelines when getting subbed at the 2000 League Cup Final? Went mental at Ebbe and the coaching staff if I recall.

A well known poster on here (no names will be given) ran on to the pitch at the same time Hicham Zerouali was due to come on to the pitch during the Scottish Cup final that year, hence him booting the ball into the back of the dugout that day. 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Honestly, shut your mouth

Zerouali went to play for the king of morocco's team, at his request- so by royal decree

Jess went to Coventry 

Cringe

Jess went to the EPL you mong, Zero went to the Arab highland league 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Honestly, shut your mouth

Zerouali went to play for the king of morocco's team, at his request- so by royal decree

Jess went to Coventry 

Cringe

Poor research, Zero left to go to the Emirates and then after that back to Morocco.

If the “King of Morocco” had wanted Zero so bad for Far Rabat, why did he let him leave them in the first place?

7 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

You have to wonder if Glass has a direct feed to Aberdeen's dressing room after that change of play during yesterdays second half.

Attack, Attack and Attack or your P45's will be in my office on Tuesday to collect.

Someone deserves some credit for going back to a back four and for giving the young full backs an opportunity.  Whether that's Sheerin or Glass or a combination of both. 

As well as having most players playing in their proper positions and keeping the ball more. All better signs. 

• Upvote 2