Welcome back Stephen Glass

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Someone deserves some credit for going back to a back four and for giving the young full backs an opportunity.  Whether that's Sheerin or Glass or a combination of both. 

As well as having most players playing in their proper positions and keeping the ball more. All better signs. 

Apparently Glass has not interfered too much as that frustrated him when he was caretaker at Atlanta.

I think Sheerin has more faith in the younger players having worked directly with them.

Ramsay showed promise, albeit against weak opposition, as does MacKenzie. He’s actually older than Dean Campbell so it’s now or never for him. 

And this must be the longest run of starts Dean Campbell has had and he’s benefitting from it. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Apparently Glass has not interfered too much as that frustrated him when he was caretaker at Atlanta.

I think Sheerin has more faith in the younger players having worked directly with them.

Ramsay showed promise, albeit against weak opposition, as does MacKenzie. He’s actually older than Dean Campbell so it’s now or never for him. 

And this must be the longest run of starts Dean Campbell has had and he’s benefitting from it. 

I can’t believe that Glass gave Sheerin free reign to do as he pleased in those 3 games. Even that Utd game,  3 days before Glass was even appointed, you could see the difference in approach which MUST have come from Glass.

Despite the fact that we don’t currently have the central defenders to play out from the back, it’s refreshing that we’re attempting to play that way 4 months ahead of when we will have the personnel in place. 

Plus McKenzie and Ramsay’s inclusion will also be at Glass’ instruction, I’m sure.

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I can’t believe that Glass gave Sheerin free reign to do as he pleased in those 3 games. Even that Utd game,  3 days before Glass was even appointed, you could see the difference in approach which MUST have come from Glass.

Despite the fact that we don’t currently have the central defenders to play out from the back, it’s refreshing that we’re attempting to play that way 4 months ahead of when we will have the personnel in place. 

Plus McKenzie and Ramsay’s inclusion will also be at Glass’ instruction, I’m sure.

You reckon Glass was managing the team 3 days before he was even appointed?

?

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You can see his confidence building with a bit of a run in the side.

The inclusion of Dean and the other youngsters you’d imagine must be coming from Glass.

If we add a couple of quality older heads, like Brown, to a crop of hungry and talented youngsters, we could have a half decent side.

32 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Yeah im not buying this ‘prawcess’ crap about him interviewing different folk. 

DC has always had SG lined up in the event DM left. 

We know. The thing is you know have two choices. 1, Acknowledge the whole think was a sham but accept it for what it is and buckle in for what could be quite the ride, or 2, keep harpping on about it.

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Perhaps and I'm excited.

However the club and man at the helm attempting to lie already when he's making big decisions for the first time. How many other lies will be fed if it was that easy for him to lie about the prawcess here?

I think and hope for some entertaining football, but I'm taking what DC says on matters from now on with a pinch of salt.

I have my doubts over DC as well. On here I've even called him Trumpesque however it doesn't change the fact Glass is coming in on the promise of an exciting brand of football. As much as folk go on about the prawcess it won't change it.

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

yeah he's benefitting from it so much that yesterday in midfield he passed square to a st johnstone player to set up what could have been a very costly attack. Not Aberdeen quality, and no sign that he ever will be. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Dildo 8
7 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

yeah he's benefitting from it so much that yesterday in midfield he passed square to a st johnstone player to set up what could have been a very costly attack. Not Aberdeen quality, and no sign that he ever will be. 

Aye and you couldn't wait to point it out at the time. 

Unhealthy obsession you've got there with having to highlight every little mistake he makes. 

• Dildo 1
10 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

You're not Canadian by any chance?

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Roberto said:

3 days before.

Glass had that job weeks before that game. Everyone knew it. The rumours after Hibs game etc. Come on.

He may not have interfered with the team but he certainly had the job long before he was appointed. I don't buy the shit we have been fed regarding this.

I’m not disputing that he had the job well before it was announced, it’s the claim that he had interfered/had input into the team and tactics 3 days before he was announced that I am disputing.

55 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You seriously don’t think Glass was lined up months ago?

Deluded twat. In a minority of 1. 

Yet another one with massive reading and comprehension issues. At no point did I say he wasn’t, I’m saying he wasn’t managing the team 3 days before he was announced, like the post I quoted stated.

Swing and a miss, as usual.

1 hour ago, Donmacca said:

We know. The thing is you know have two choices. 1, Acknowledge the whole think was a sham but accept it for what it is and buckle in for what could be quite the ride, or 2, keep harpping on about it.

First time ive mentioned it.

Quite happy about the appointments.

I made the point i think DC has told a porky in terms of the prawcess. 

43 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I’m not disputing that he had the job well before it was announced, it’s the claim that he had interfered/had input into the team and tactics 3 days before he was announced that I am disputing.

Yet another one with massive reading and comprehension issues. At no point did I say he wasn’t, I’m saying he wasn’t managing the team 3 days before he was announced, like the post I quoted stated.

Swing and a miss, as usual.

Okay so let me get this straight. You are saying Glass has had zero influence on team matters since McInnes got the dunt; irrespective of whether he was officially announced or not?

Are you actually a Dons fan?

Deluded.com

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

As Okay so let me get this straight. You are saying Glass has had zero influence on team matters since McInnes got the dunt; irrespective of whether he was officially announced or not?

Are you actually a Dons fan?

Deluded.com

You’re seriously telling me he picked the team and set the tactics for the United game? He may have had discussions over contracts etc with Cormack but the claim was he has been directly involved with the first team since the United game.

Tell me how that conversation went btw? “Hi Paul, Hi Barry. We are going to say you’re in charge for now but Stephen will actually pick the team and tactics. If it all goes wrong you two will take the fall for it. If we get results we will admit Stephen was behind it and a genius stroke from the chairman. Cool?”

32 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Tell me how that conversation went btw? “Hi Paul, Hi Barry. We are going to say you’re in charge for now but Stephen will actually pick the team and tactics. If it all goes wrong you two will take the fall for it. If we get results we will admit Stephen was behind it and a genius stroke from the chairman. Cool?”

Pretty much, other than DC will never admit Glass picked the team and tactics, as, obviously, even you can see that would be counter productive. 

You must have your head up your ass if you think Glass hasn’t had an influence 

You dig?

All will be revealed on Saturday. You can apologise to me then.

• Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Pretty much, other than DC will never admit Glass picked the team and tactics, as, obviously, even you can see that would be counter productive. 

You must have your head up your ass if you think Glass hasn’t had an influence 

You dig?

All will be revealed on Saturday. You can apologise to me then.

So you think Glass picked the team and tactics for the United game but there’s no way of proving it. Unless he decides to swap a few players on Saturday and then that will somehow prove your crackpot theory?

You’re a special kind of idiot. Really.

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So you think Glass picked the team and tactics for the United game but there’s no way of proving it. Unless he decides to swap a few players on Saturday and then that will somehow prove your crackpot theory?

You’re a special kind of idiot. Really.

Why do I need to prove anything, cunto?

It’s my opinion and therefore, a fact.

Lighten up cunto, the Masters is on, pour yourself a large glass of red and drop a chill pill into it.

16 hours ago, RedRichard said:

Mental the stick an Aberdeen fan from Aberdeen playing for Aberdeen gets when we signed a midfielder from the huns who's had about 4 good games (probably his first 4) and has been shite ever since. Him and the other hun he plays along side are supposedly our best players but have been missing all season with very little stick from the fans...

• Upvote 5
Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Mental the stick an Aberdeen fan from Aberdeen playing for Aberdeen gets when we signed a midfielder from the huns who's had about 4 good games (probably his first 4) and has been shite ever since. Him and the other hun he plays along side are supposedly our best players but have been missing all season with very little stick from the fans...

Campbell has improved with every start. 

The other two look like absolute mealers in comparison. 

Ferguson has been utter dung.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Campbell has improved with every start. 

The other two look like absolute mealers in comparison. 

Ferguson has been utter dung.

Aye its the lack of balance that's the issue. 

The same posters that can't wait to knock Campbell seem to give Ferguson and McCrorie a free pass based on a good month back in October. 

They'll just have to get used to it. Every sign points to Campbell being in our midfield next season.  In fact it like to see him pushed a bit further forward so he can use his passing to greater effect.  Brown can do the sweeping role on front of the defence