Welcome back Stephen Glass

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Some folk are not going to like the new way of doing things where senior pros are going to be supplemented with youngsters from our own system. 

Can feel some of them hankering for the days of experienced but decidedly average squad filler already. 

I favour doing it over 2-3 transfer windows rather than 1.

Allow Glass to have all his own 10-15 senior players supplemented by 15-10 youngsters.

Implementing it this summer when we are carrying Hayes, Ojo, McGeouch, McLennan and Kennedy etc is not gonna be pretty

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Tell me then.

I don't understand the timing of your posting.

Why can't you at least let Glass work with him and assess him before you come away with your negative conclusions?

Youngest Don ever.

Debuted v Celtic.

Second senior appearance also v Celtic.

Has played for Scotland Under 14's, 15's, 16's, 17's, 18's and 19's.

Now, based on that alone, I'd argue there's something there.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
53 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I favour doing it over 2-3 transfer windows rather than 1.

Allow Glass to have all his own 10-15 senior players supplemented by 15-10 youngsters.

Implementing it this summer when we are carrying Hayes, Ojo, McGeouch, McLennan and Kennedy etc is not gonna be pretty

We may have to be creative with McGeouch & Ojo to get them off the books.

I can’t imagine anyone will buy them.

We’ll maybe loan them out and hope a club picks up a good chunk of what will be two good weekly salaries.

Between them they’ll probably be on about £7k per week.

Even if we can offload half their wages, it frees up a decent wage for an incoming player. 

2 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Why can't you at least let Glass work with him and assess him before you come away with your negative conclusions?

Youngest Don ever.

Debuted v Celtic.

I didn’t ask for statistics, if you want to play that game then Fraser Fyvie represented Scotland under 15s, 16s, 17s, 19s and under 21s. Fyvie was also the youngest debut at 16 at the time. Youngest ever goal scorer in the SPL at the time. Moved to a club in England’s top flight. He’s now 28 which should see him around the peak of his career yet he’s playing for Cove.

So, statistics aside, what exactly is it I am missing?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1

How can Campbell be slated when whole side has been shite, especially from midfield to attack.

Players out of position or basically hiding/delaying runs so the don’t get picked out for a forward pass.

Resulting in forced ‘recycling possession’ shite back to defence & even the fkn keeper.

Far too many players brainwashed into the McInnes mentality of EVERYONE must be defensive & ready to track back which has resulted in them all having this as their first thought otherwise they get picked out for a bollocking at HT/FT

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How can Campbell be slated when whole side has been shite, especially from midfield to attack.

Players out of position or basically hiding/delaying runs so the don’t get picked out for a forward pass.

Resulting in forced ‘recycling possession’ shite back to defence & even the fkn keeper.

Far too many players brainwashed into the McInnes mentality of EVERYONE must be defensive & ready to track back which has resulted in them all having this as their first thought otherwise they get picked out for a bollocking at HT/FT

Where at any point did I give anyone else pass marks? If folk like you would bother reading and comprehending properly you would know that I have agreed that Campbell has been one of our best players lately, more because he’s not hid and has tried more than the others. Stop getting so precious about Dean Campbell ffs.

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Football knowledge 

& your one true love.....McInnes 

& maybe a couple of sandwiches from the full picnic ?

So you can’t answer either, thanks for confirming.

5 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

He’s made 41 appearances, I think I’m allowed to make some sort of judgement on whether I think he’s good enough or not by now.

There seems to be some delusion that Atlanta B coach Stephen fucking Glass is going to come in and work some sort of miracle with the players we have here. The likes of Dean Campbell are world-beaters but so shackled by the previous manager they appear ordinary.

I would love to be wrong but I think there’s going to be a serious reality check for some people next season.

• Dildo 1
15 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I didn’t ask for statistics, if you want to play that game then Fraser Fyvie represented Scotland under 15s, 16s, 17s, 19s and under 21s. Fyvie was also the youngest debut at 16 at the time. Youngest ever goal scorer in the SPL at the time. Moved to a club in England’s top flight. He’s now 28 which should see him around the peak of his career yet he’s playing for Cove.

Each players' career will be different. Fyvie also played the full 90 for Hibs in a Scottish Cup Final victory v Sevco.

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Campbell has been improving every year.

If (as you say) 28 is around a players' peak, then we'd be foolish to throw Dean on the scrapheap at 20.

7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He’s made 41 appearances, I think I’m allowed to make some sort of judgement on whether I think he’s good enough or not by now.

Yes, you're allowed, but can you say that this is as good as he'll ever be?

8 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I would love to be wrong...

Or, you'd love to tell us "Told you so" more like.

18 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Where at any point did I give anyone else pass marks? If folk like you would bother reading and comprehending properly you would know that I have agreed that Campbell has been one of our best players lately, more because he’s not hid and has tried more than the others. Stop getting so precious about Dean Campbell ffs.

There seems to be some delusion that Atlanta B coach Stephen fucking Glass is going to come in and work some sort of miracle with the players we have here. The likes of Dean Campbell are world-beaters but so shackled by the previous manager they appear ordinary.

I would love to be wrong but I think there’s going to be a serious reality check for some people next season.

The bit about Stephen Glass may be true. It may not.

BUT... change was needed before we all died of boredom.

Sticking with McInnes was not an option. 

• Dildo 1
37 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So, statistics aside, what exactly is it I am missing?

The shattered ankle off (think, can’t be arsed checking) that wanker Lasley for starters.

3 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Youngest Don ever.

Debuted v Celtic.

There was an obvious drive to push through Campbell from the youth to the first team. I don't really see where it all emanates from tbh as there's plenty similar kids that have gone as far as being regulars in the Scotland U21 setup who haven't featured as much.
I think McInnes had his favs within the youth ranks and Campbell was perhaps one of them. Bit like Ryan Jack - McInnes used to think the sun shone out of his decrepit hun asshole.
That he's been given a start right now ahead of (in my opinion) the far better overall player of McGeouch, is partly due to the possible policy of seeing what our youngsters are like. No coincidence that the likes of McKenzie and Ramsay have been give game time since McInnes was binned and had been previously lined up to go on loan with Atlanta 2.
I don't think there's a witch hunt for Campbell, but he loves a backwards and/or sideways pass and even allowing for his lack of experience in the 1st team, which may explain some of his mistakes, I just don't see he's what we need for next season. Rather than have him sat on the bench, I'd put him on loan to say, Atlanta for a while and give him game time. He may develop in the next year or so, but if you're comparing apples for apples, Ferguson and McRorie are light years ahead - only dropped way below their potential due to being played in daft positions and possibly due to taking the hump due after McInnes was known to be leaving/had left. They'll both come good especially if Glass plays Ferguson in a more advanced role.

3 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

There was an obvious drive to push through Campbell from the youth to the first team. I don't really see where it all emanates from tbh as there's plenty similar kids that have gone as far as being regulars in the Scotland U21 setup who haven't featured as much.
I think McInnes had his favs within the youth ranks and Campbell was perhaps one of them. Bit like Ryan Jack - McInnes used to think the sun shone out of his decrepit hun asshole.
That he's been given a start right now ahead of (in my opinion) the far better overall player of McGeouch, is partly due to the possible policy of seeing what our youngsters are like. No coincidence that the likes of McKenzie and Ramsay have been give game time since McInnes was binned and had been previously lined up to go on loan with Atlanta 2.
I don't think there's a witch hunt for Campbell, but he loves a backwards and/or sideways pass and even allowing for his lack of experience in the 1st team, which may explain some of his mistakes, I just don't see he's what we need for next season. Rather than have him sat on the bench, I'd put him on loan to say, Atlanta for a while and give him game time. He may develop in the next year or so, but if you're comparing apples for apples, Ferguson and McRorie are light years ahead - only dropped way below their potential due to being played in daft positions and possibly due to taking the hump due after McInnes was known to be leaving/had left. They'll both come good especially if Glass plays Ferguson in a more advanced role.

Ferguson has been played centre midfield every single game for us apart from one. Campbell has outshone the other two in recent games by far. 

Ferguson has had a crap season. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Ferguson has been played centre midfield every single game for us apart from one. Campbell has outshone the other two in recent games by far. 

Ferguson has had a crap season. 

There's centre mid in an attacking sense and centre mid where LF has been mostly deployed. A bit like what McInnes did with Kenny McLean - had him far too deep and took away all of his natural attacking flair. He's drilled this two sitting midfielder shite for seasons long now - countless times we are in possession from the back and a combination of Ojo/Ferguson/McGeouch/Bryson/McRorie/Campbell have been behind the half way line. Utter shite. Ferguson started off far more advanced when he joined, but a the role he now plays is a holding CM. We never play a midfield diamond or anything adventurous. Hopefully things will change and I fully expect we'll see the real LF and RM next season.

2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Why do some people think Ferguson should be played in advanced midfield role?

What has he done to suggest he would be effective there?

Were you not at the Burnley game - was one of the key reasons for us almost getting through that tie. That and a few other games from his 1st season... a bit like Shinnie - he loves to run at defenses. He's completely wasted as holding midfielder.

2 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Were you not at the Burnley game - was one of the key reasons for us almost getting through that tie. That and a few other games from his 1st season... a bit like Shinnie - he loves to run at defenses. He's completely wasted as holding midfielder.

Aye, I was and he had an outstanding game. 

But he's not an attacking midfielder. How many assists and goal scoring opportunities does he create?

Hey, if the new management team decide like you that he'll be more effective more advanced then fair enough. I'll watch that with interest. 

4 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Aye, I was and he had an outstanding game. 

But he's not an attacking midfielder. How many assists and goal scoring opportunities does he create?

Hey, if the new management team decide like you that he'll be more effective more advanced then fair enough. I'll watch that with interest. 

How many assits has any of our midfielders had over the last 2/3 seasons? McInnes' style of football sucked the creativity out of everyone.

Have faith in LF.... Brooner will be the holding CM and allow Lewis to weave his magic in a more advanced role.

38 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

I think McInnes had his favs within the youth ranks and Campbell was perhaps one of them.

If that turns out to be true, and gets found out, then fair enough.

BHL has made his decision on Campbell now, but I'm wanting the new manager to give Dean every chance.

29 minutes ago, dervish said:

Haven't looked through all of this if haven't seen this I'll leave this just here.

Love it. I would have liked to have seen what McInnes and Doc were like in training.

"I want to see another attacking move broken down then the ball recycled back to Joe. Go Go"

"Good goal lads. I want to see less attacking now, flood the midfield and move to the 5 at the back with you two lads in holding midfield positions. Cosgrove, you just stand up there and wait for the ball to be launched at your neck"

"We'll not bother with crossing training this week. Or any other week. Just whip it towards the first man. Matty, you aim for row AA."

• Haha 2
49 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

All coaches will have favourites. From what I’ve heard Campbell has a fantastic attitude and from what I’ve seen is clearly a talented player. I’ve been critical of him recently, due to the number of touches he takes when he doesn’t need to and the number of backwards and sideways passes. However, as others have said, he always shows for the ball, which says a lot in a team that is low on confidence and playing badly. Also, assuming his primary instinct is to play a positive pass, which I’m sure it is, then there is clearly very little movement in front of him. Therefore he either retains possession or just plays the ball into the channel, the latter of which he probably won’t have been coached to do as standard.

He will come good I reckon and will learn from SB, who will demand more from those around and in front of him. SB will help Ferguson too, who has been anonymous since the start of the year but is clearly talented.

I can see Ross M playing in a centre half role.

• Upvote 1