Welcome back Stephen Glass

5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I didn’t blame him for being unmarked, why would I do that? I said he had time to take a touch and score. It was a sclaffed half volley that was going wide until it hit the defender. He did well to make space in the box, has to do better there though.

No reference to the handball or are we only allowed to be happy clappers and ignore all the negatives?

you ONLY look for negatives. That's the fucking point. You can't SEE any positives anywhere about the boy.  

You've not admitted you were wrong when you said that "he hasn’t played a pass like that and hasn’t created anything for our strikers". Which we both know is nonsense. 

4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

He has been lately. Been our best player in the past month. 

People’s issue is that you and other seems so desperate for him to fail so you’re proven right. Mental the abuse Campbell gets when the likes of McLennan are getting regular game time and look horrendous. Campbell gets singled out. 

Best player is maybe pushing it a bit. There's been plenty of glaring errors in those performances, not that he's been alone.... and I'll happily accept players trying stuff and not being afraid rather than hiding. I don't think he's getting abuse either. I don't think anyone has been really. Maybe Ojo this season when it was clear he was miles off it.

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Nae being funny but McGeouch played a handful of games for Celtic, played 2 out of 3 seasons for Hibs in the Championship then couldn't get a game for Sunderland in League 1. We aren't talking about a world beater being kept out of the team just like we aren't talking about Campbell being the next Patrick Vieira

Each to their own. I think he just lacks a run in a side that has a half decent midfielder playing alongside him.

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

He deserved it a while back, but since then he is the one out of the 3 who never ever hides and has even put in some shift defensively with a couple of great tackles 

As other said, really a per-requisite for a professional footballer who spends little else in his life other than playing or being coached.

3 hours ago, ollie1903 said:

Been in the last three U21 squads at 19 years old. Yet to make his debut, but being three age groups younger than McLennan I'd hope he'd be on course to play soon, and without trying to sound conceited, would say if games hadn't been shelved due to Covid he probably would have.

Don't recall this, but seeing as Muirhead made his debut in 2002 and Campbell's faither didn't join the forum until 2009, i'd say it probably didn't happen. 

Might have got my players mixed up but I do vividly recall being chastised for criticising a player that just broke into the team and thinking, I hope those comments don't come back to bite you. And I say that with absolute no malice - I wish Dean all the best, I sincerely do. Would love nothing else for him to be the next Simmie.

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Most on here can see he’s a young players who’s learning the game and improving. The issue everyone has is rubbishing him as not good enough already.

Again, I see it simply as folk just countering the argument. There's nothing wrong with that. I questioned a fucktruck of decisions McInnes made in his 8 years as to why players got a game. McLean played half a season and was absolute garb but got picked every week.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

The fact people are complaining because a 20 year old kid hasn’t been grabbing games by the scruff of the neck while the rest of his teammates put in poor performances time and time again just shows the state the squad is at the moment. 

Campbell’s been improving game by game, and a run of games under a manager who is going to set the team up to play the ball on the deck will hopefully see continued improvement.

There is a whole squad of players far more deserving of the criticism being directed towards Campbell just now. 

Grabbing the game by scruff of neck? Again, I think there's perhaps a liberal dose of red tinted specs at times. Doing what's required of that role and maybe looking better than the two more vaunted players in the side who we'd expect more from and for whom if we are in attendance, I'm sure would be getting pelters from the sidelines (not that I advocate that).

15 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Even if the story was true, you'd still be wrong. If all you saw was 20mins your judgement was premature regardless of how he turned out.

If a scout turns up at a game and sees 20 mins of a player, chances are he'll know quite quickly if said player is shit/mediocre/shit hot. Doesn't take a coaching badge to see the potential or lack of in someone in a short spell on the park. There was a steady conveyor belt of players coming through at Aberdeen for about 15 years that were simply nae good enough for the first team at the time. Didn't help of course they were being hung out to dry by their more experienced team mates, but those players went out to achieve nothing in the game. Our youth development was poor for couple of decades.

4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

So from that video, where he creates several good chances, via getting forward, taking on shots and driving into the box, you've picked on:

1) He wasn't marked, so you couldn't give him any credit ?!?! 

2) He took a volley first time, which looked on target, instead of taking a touch, in the box when he's about 6-10 yards out? aye ok

3) Complained that he made the keeper make a save and put ball out for a corner because it was a "mis-placed cross". If it went in you'd have celebr....actually, you would still have moaned like fuck. Taylor was waiting at the back post

4) Probably the only thing he did wrong in those highlights, the mishit clearance, which went out anyways.

Tons of worse players/incidents than him in those highlights alone. 

1) He was unmarked and had time to take a touch and score

2) he sclaffed it wide when he could have taken a touch and scored

3) where was I complaining? I pointed out that a miss hit cross is hardly a shot on target. Of course I would have celebrated.

4) so you happily admit he fucked it up and another ref could have given a pen?

Again, nobody is arguing that others players have been worse ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

you ONLY look for negatives. That's the fucking point. You can't SEE any positives anywhere about the boy.  

You've not admitted you were wrong when you said that "he hasn’t played a pass like that and hasn’t created anything for our strikers". Which we both know is nonsense. 

But I thought I was a happy clapper though? I’ve been told that since I started.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

1) He was unmarked and had time to take a touch and score -

Normal Person - He found space in the box and got a shot away that was blocked 

You - Shite defending. Should have taken a touch. Shite Shot

2) he sclaffed it wide when he could have taken a touch and scored - See above

3) where was I complaining? I pointed out that a miss hit cross is hardly a shot on target. Of course I would have celebrated. -

Normal Person - Put a cross into a dangerous position, albiet a bit high, and caused the keeper to push it over for a corner.  Taylor was unmarked back post as well. 

You - Shite miss hit cross. Won't be chalking that up as a shot/chance. 

4) so you happily admit he fucked it up and another ref could have given a pen?  Think it's pretty obvious is was a shite clearance. The point of sticking the highlights up was that you were bleating on about how Campbell doesn't create any chances for Aberdeen, and yet i've proven in one short click that he's created multiple chances.

Again, nobody is arguing that others players have been worse ??‍♂️

But I thought I was a happy clapper though? I’ve been told that since I started.

36 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yet you’ve also proven in one short click that he’s not taken his chance properly, couldn’t find an unmarked Taylor at the back post and on another day conceded a penalty ??‍♂️

Are you a happy clapper?

You love to find a negative in anything positive ffs. 

Forces the keeper to make a save and gets us a corner and all you can do is look at the negative aspects. I bet you wanked yourself into a frenzy at that clip of Campbell making a meal of that clearance. And cried afterwards too. 

16 hours ago, Millertime said:

What, against young boys he stood out, that what you are saying and hinging your argument on?

I have seen other facets to his game, albeit against contemporaries.

I'm not saying he's going to transform into a swashbuckling midfielder from Saturday... but give him a pre-season under a progressive manager and then lets re-assess.  I think a few will be pleasantly surprised.

I don't like Scott Brown and i didn't want him anywhere near Cormack Park, but on the positive side, working under (and playing with) one of the most decorated Scottish midfielder of his generation, could be massive for the likes of Campbell.  Also, if Brown plays next to him, it will also release Campbell from the rather negative role he filled under McInnes.   

A lot of conjecture in the above - granted - but lets revisit this at Christmas!

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yet you’ve also proven in one short click that he’s not taken his chance properly, couldn’t find an unmarked Taylor at the back post and on another day conceded a penalty ??‍♂️

Are you a happy clapper?

Your obsession (bordering on hatred) with bashing Campbell is worse than many have with writing off Anderson prematurely. You are even worse than Millermuppet for slating Campbell 

Amazes me how so many folk are so quick to write off younger players still learning their best games just so they can claim ‘called it’ 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

If a scout turns up at a game and sees 20 mins of a player, chances are he'll know quite quickly if said player is shit/mediocre/shit hot. Doesn't take a coaching badge to see the potential or lack of in someone in a short spell on the park. There was a steady conveyor belt of players coming through at Aberdeen for about 15 years that were simply nae good enough for the first team at the time. Didn't help of course they were being hung out to dry by their more experienced team mates, but those players went out to achieve nothing in the game. Our youth development was poor for couple of decades.

I agree but there's a certain amount of subjectivity involved. I remember his debut against Celtic, we won 0-1 last game of season (I think). Campbell came on as a sub. One of his first touches was killing the ball stone dead in the centre circle, players everywhere around himrushing about, and spraying a well judged pass to another Dons player. If I was a scout who only had 20 minutes to watch, I would have went away with that piece of play front of mind, and thought that kid had something about him.

I still think that and agree with those that he was playing to instructions. Comparing him to McRorie is unfair...on McRorie. Brown should be the making of Campbell, on way or another. Give him a season under the new regime...then judge. And if I'm wrong, I'll put my hand up no problem...but I won't be saying I told you so, if I'm right.

Arseholes etc...

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Your obsession (bordering on hatred) with bashing Campbell is worse than many have with writing off Anderson prematurely. You are even worse than Millermuppet for slating Campbell 

Amazes me how so many folk are so quick to write off younger players still learning their best games just so they can claim ‘called it’ 

Even when positive things are staring him in the face.  Trolls gotta Troll I guess. 

5 hours ago, alscotoz said:

I agree but there's a certain amount of subjectivity involved. I remember his debut against Celtic, we won 0-1 last game of season (I think). Campbell came on as a sub. One of his first touches was killing the ball stone dead in the centre circle, players everywhere around himrushing about, and spraying a well judged pass to another Dons player. If I was a scout who only had 20 minutes to watch, I would have went away with that piece of play front of mind, and thought that kid had something about him.

I still think that and agree with those that he was playing to instructions. Comparing him to McRorie is unfair...on McRorie. Brown should be the making of Campbell, on way or another. Give him a season under the new regime...then judge. And if I'm wrong, I'll put my hand up no problem...but I won't be saying I told you so, if I'm right.

Arseholes etc...

His debut was v Celtic, but it was a few weeks before the cup final with them. Weird one, we were 3-0 down after 10 mins, then matched (even outplayed) them for the next 80 mins. Might have finished 3-1?

So Glass isn’t interested in Leigh Griffiths.       I’m dying to see what super striker he comes out and signs up.    Even Joe Harper said a fit Griffiths would be a good signing.    The Atlanta  glass is starting to M T.  Bobby Clark quote.———.  Exciting times are ahead with glass at the helm.    Can’t wait to see the Livingston cup game for the excitement.   

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

His debut was v Celtic, but it was a few weeks before the cup final with them. Weird one, we were 3-0 down after 10 mins, then matched (even outplayed) them for the next 80 mins. Might have finished 3-1?

I thought it was in a game where consi scored the winner but it made no difference to anything because the league had been long won. Maybe it was one of his first few games. Anyway, that piece of play stuck for me...

22 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

I thought it was in a game where consi scored the winner but it made no difference to anything because the league had been long won. Maybe it was one of his first few games. Anyway, that piece of play stuck for me...

It was

18 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

You love to find a negative in anything positive ffs. 

Forces the keeper to make a save and gets us a corner and all you can do is look at the negative aspects. I bet you wanked yourself into a frenzy at that clip of Campbell making a meal of that clearance. And cried afterwards too. 

I love to find a negative yet I constantly get labelled a happy clapper ?

The keeper didn’t save it you absolute weapon. Your obsession with Dean Campbell is absolutely weird. Like properly weird.

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Okay, go and show me where I have “slated” Dean Campbell. All I have said is I don’t think he’s good enough. Evidence please.

Just now, Poodler said:

How does campbell compare with Jack when he was that age? Was that hun imposing himself on games? I can’t remember 

I remember him being a bit of a wimp though 

I don't think the rat ever imposed himself on games playing for us