Welcome back Stephen Glass

6 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Very impressive Interview on RED TV from Glass. I get the feeling he will be a bit more aggressive with the press than his predecessor, the way he handled the Griffiths and Brown questions was very impressive. 

He comes across very well.

Intelligent and articulate, straightforward and honest.

I can see why he interviewed well in that “prawcess” ?

Really want him to succeed. 

Was dead against his appointment but I really hope he proves me wrong and is a big success.

Needs time though, this is not his team, & he doesn’t have a magic wand to polish turds that won’t be here next season. 

Anything we achieve this season should be regarded as a bonus, I’ll start judging the new management team come next season. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Correct.

It just means he's not going to talk about it.

Liked his attitude towards some of the dimmer, standard gluepot press questions.

Sound.

Aye, some of the questions were so predictable, although it was good to heard someone ask (maybe Tyrone) about whether a DoF was coming in.

Doesnt sound like it, unless Steven Gunn gets the dunt. 

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, some of the questions were so predictable, although it was good to heard someone ask (maybe Tyrone) about whether a DoF was coming in.

Doesnt sound like it, unless Steven Gunn gets the dunt. 

Steven Gunn isn't really a DoF though is he. He sorts out the transfer dealings, contracts etc. A DoF is someone who implements policies and strategies. I can't see Gunn having that remit in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Steven Gunn isn't really a DoF though is he. He sorts out the transfer dealings, contracts etc. A DoF is someone who implements policies and strategies. I can't see Gunn having that remit in the slightest.

In reference to Gunner, Glasser did say in that interview that certain roles and responsibilities will be tweaked. 

I imagine Gavin Leavy will become Academy director, Simmie will be more involved in the 1st team, Sheerin and Robson will revert to reserve and U18s coaches, Steven Gunn will become more if an administrator and a DoF will come in, in the summer, no doubt from Atlanta.

1 minute ago, Sheepo said:

I noticed Cormack is here also, maybe some signing announcements incoming

Not really. He's mentioned on several occasions he was only over in Florida for so long due to travel restrictions and that he'd be back in Aberdeen for some time now. Think he sees the need to have more of a day to day influence on matters now. That and there's no Derek to be an 'elephant in the room' type of situation!

1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

Very impressive Interview on RED TV from Glass. I get the feeling he will be a bit more aggressive with the press than his predecessor, the way he handled the Griffiths and Brown questions was very impressive. 

Just watched it. He comes across very well.

1 hour ago, Hoofball said:

All he said in the interview was he’s a Celtic player and he wouldn’t talk about him as it’s disrespectful to both Celtic and Griffiths. Does that mean he’s not interested I wouldn’t say so

He had an opportunity to kill it stone dead and he didn't take it.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Reckon a Saido Berahino type will be who we are speaking to. Players that Russell has worked with. 

Berahino would be an interesting shout for sure. You'd hope and assume we get 1 or 2 in that have the potential to be a star

48 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Aye but he did say during the Q&A there would be player signings incoming and I am sure he said in the next 3 weeks

That was prior to brown signing though. So not sure if that was in relation to him or if others are lined up. I’d assume if it’s any players based in Scotland like Gallagher it won’t be announced till season finishes 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

In reference to Gunner, Glasser did say in that interview that certain roles and responsibilities will be tweaked. 

I imagine Gavin Leavy will become Academy director, Simmie will be more involved in the 1st team, Sheerin and Robson will revert to reserve and U18s coaches, Steven Gunn will become more if an administrator and a DoF will come in, in the summer, no doubt from Atlanta.

Is Darren eales not coming in the summer from Atlanta?, he was DOF at Spurs with pochetino, sure a heard that.

I certainly was one of those that did not want Glass to get the job. But with the coaching team he is putting together and the interviews, comments I have listened to from Glass I am fired up about the immediate future. 

I have said this in previous chat but the old firm can be got at. Aberdeen can challenge. It need stars to align to a certain degree but above all it needs a manger who can bring out the best in our players, have them working harder, being fitter than than the rest. Let's go Glass. Bring it on! 

Agree. The refreshing thing about listening to Cormack and Glass is the message is the same. They seem to be in agreement with the aberdeen vision. This is important in any organisation, banking, retail, whatever, there needs to be a clear message and goal.

You can say what you want about cormack but I am clear on what he wants (or what he wants me to believe he wants). That good. That's encouraging. Thats something we can all understand and hopefully look forward to. 

Glass will need time and I am willing to wait a couple of years but I want to see some positive football that gets me excited and I can see where we are going. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1

Was a really good interview,

handles questions competently and is articulate,passionate and I like how he pauses before answering. 
looks like he has a steely resolve about him and he definitely won’t take any shite from the media,(there’s a Clarke type arrogance in him, suffers no fools)!.

quite excited about this and definitely agree that time should be afforded to him seen as it’s still McInnes team. 

Just listened to the interview with Glass. He already has me lapping up his every word. He comes across as intelligent, sincere with a steely resolve and has clearly bought in to Cormack's vision for attacking football. With a few decent signings I have a feeling we may be on our way to actually winning something. I like everyone on this forum hope this feel good factor continues.

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Was a really good interview,

handles questions competently and is articulate,passionate and I like how he pauses before answering. 
looks like he has a steely resolve about him and he definitely won’t take any shite from the media,(there’s a Clarke type arrogance in him, suffers no fools)!.

quite excited about this and definitely agree that time should be afforded to him seen as it’s still McInnes team. 

Agreed. Just listened to it. He sounds authoritative too. I was a bit reticent about the appointment at the time, but I’m excited at what lies ahead...love that he didn’t close the door on the LG potential signing, which I think would be a great move..

hopefully the players are energised on Saturday..sure they will be..

agreed that he needs time and I hope we as fans are prepared to stick to that mantra, if things don’t click fairly quickly, next season..

6 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Glass is a terrific speaker. 

We all have 12" cocks till the punts come aff, though. 

My thinking exactly.  Hard not be impressed by the way he presents himself.  

....but when we get down to business, and the pressure is on, can he walk the walk (and could I have added any more cliches to this sentence?)?