Welcome back Stephen Glass

9 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

im 50/50 on Considine now, should be really looking to move him into a player/coaching role next season but if he can still hack the pace then why no...............but not at LB 

Those days are hopefully gone.

5 minutes ago, super_al said:

Surely Brown will be captain next season.

I think we'll look silly with a part-timer as a captain.

(Out of curiosity, who'd you have as captain when Brown is sitting out?)

29 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I think this will happen and I don’t think he’ll be a part time player.  If he stays fit I see him starting most weeks. Glass said in his interview that Brown could play til he’s 40.

If brown play most games next season I could see Campbell being the player who hardly gets a game. That wouldn’t go down to well with most on here !!!!

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

If brown play most games next season I could see Campbell being the player who hardly gets a game. That wouldn’t go down to well with most on here !!!!

A lot of question marks over our midfield for next season. Next seasons a big one for Campbell, but you’ve still got the likes of Virtanen trying to break in as well. Ojo has played almost every minute for Wigan so will be come back fitter or at least easier to sell on? Mcgeouch still has a year left on his deal, so will he still be around. It’ll be interesting to see if Glass thinks Mcrories a CM or if he’ll move him into defence. If we get a offer for Ferguson do we sell?  So add in Brown to that mix and there is a lot for Glass to consider for what his midfield will be for next season.

13 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

A lot of question marks over our midfield for next season. Next seasons a big one for Campbell, but you’ve still got the likes of Virtanen trying to break in as well. Ojo has played almost every minute for Wigan so will be come back fitter or at least easier to sell on? Mcgeouch still has a year left on his deal, so will he still be around. It’ll be interesting to see if Glass thinks Mcrories a CM or if he’ll move him into defence. If we get a offer for Ferguson do we sell?  So add in Brown to that mix and there is a lot for Glass to consider for what his midfield will be for next season.

Ojo better get sold hope to never see him about Aberdeen again.

If we play 3 in the middle we don’t need to sign anyone as it should be ferguson, mccrorie, brown, Campbell, mcgeough and vertinin as I don’t think we need to sign anyone else for that position. All the players we need to sign are else where on the pitch 

30 minutes ago, thurso said:

May play McRorie in defence. Ferguson, Brown and Campbell in midfield 

11 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

I don't think he's much of a player at all. Maybe the majority of the shite he plays with makes him look relatively better.

He’s a good midfielder. I think him in beside brown next season will be good. I think at right back he tries to hard and dives in a bit much and if he misses the ball player is past him 

17 minutes ago, thurso said:

He’s a good midfielder. I think him in beside brown next season will be good. I think at right back he tries to hard and dives in a bit much and if he misses the ball player is past him 

He's got good energy but his technique is by far the worst of all our central midfielders. 

If he wants to play centre midfield for Aberdeen then with the current personnel plus Brown he's going to be missing a lot of games. 

I think he needs to be developed as a centre back who can bring the ball out. I don't think he's technically good enough to really play right back or central midfield in an attacking line up. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

We may no longer have to listen to McInnes' saying "we asked the question", in every post-match interview but we're going to have to get used to hearing Glass describe players and staff who are/were/is/have been "unbelievable".

I've noticed that he likes that word.

Couldn't particularly give a fuck what he say after the match if he can get a vibrant and entertaining Dons team on the pitch.

So my 'observations' of how we were instantly seeing a difference......

Well first off Stephen you were kind of at it with that comment.... there was hardly much difference but

gap between the midfield, full backs and centre backs when we have the ball

• I might not have noticed that if it wasn't for the 5-10 times in the match we lost the ball early in a move and quickly could see that we were exposed at the back
  • A bit too much for my nerves so we need to improve our passing so we only lose the ball a couple of times in the game (when 8 players are ahead of the ball) but if we continue to develop that and recruit at least one of the centre backs who knows what he is doing it can work well.
    • We are kind of at a chicken/egg bit right now maybe for next 5 months as Livvie continued with their high press despite us all running forward when we have the ball. I guess it naturally happens, if we get better, that teams dont allow us to counter on them 10 times in a match.

Kamberi being brought on to play a free role

• When is the last time aberdeen played someone in a free role?
7 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Our passing is absolutely shocking. Most of the players can’t make a basic 10 yard pass into feet. That’s schoolboy stuff.

Going to take Glass some time on the training pitch to get that sorted before his new style of play will become more evident.

That has been my beef for months.

They are professional Football players where the passing of the ball to team mates is essential.

This should come natural to them.

They need to give up being a footballer if they are unable to do the simple things and take up another career such as plumbing.

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Our passing is absolutely shocking. Most of the players can’t make a basic 10 yard pass into feet. That’s schoolboy stuff.

Going to take Glass some time on the training pitch to get that sorted before his new style of play will become more evident.

Is it possible to coach someone to have a better 1st touch?  You either have it or you don't,  most of these guys just aren't very good at the basics. 

Some of these players could control and pass a ball fine up until fairly recently, I’m sure with some proper training and a bit more confidence they can get back to being competent or better.

Some are a lost cause though and have never been good enough. McLennan and Kennedy being the worst 2 for me. No wonder we struggle to score when they are the guys supposed to be creating the chances.

Just now, Andy_123 said:

Some of these players could control and pass a ball fine up until fairly recently, I’m sure with some proper training and a bit more confidence they can get back to being competent or better.

Some are a lost cause though and have never been good enough. McLennan and Kennedy being the worst 2 for me. No wonder we struggle to score when they are the guys supposed to be creating the chances.

I'd say mclennan is in a class of his own recently. 

But he has something the 6 months he was in the team at the start of Cosgoals era he was decent enough.