Scott Brown signs pre-contract with Aberdeen

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I love black people, more so. 

Just as much as I love all mankind. Even cargo short wearing druggies like yourself. 

Love you x

I don't mind blacks any more than any other ethnicity. Morrissey might've said heavy words are so lightly thrown, but this is the hat. It's mostly jokes. 

I think only manboobs really hates wogs.

this brown/ Logan issue is deeply embarrasing for anyone seeking a statement or acknowledgement from the club though. Horrendously embarrasing. That's why I'd like to see the perps kicked to death. It's in their best interests 

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Poodler said:

this brown/ Logan issue is deeply embarrasing for anyone seeking a statement or acknowledgement from the club though. Horrendously embarrasing. That's why I'd like to see the perps kicked to death. It's in their best interests 

Absolutely. 

"Make the new employee apologise for saying he believed a team mate 7 years go" 

Complete nonsense. 

15 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I don't mind blacks any more than any other ethnicity. Morrissey might've said heavy words are so lightly thrown, but this is the hat. It's mostly jokes. 

It's not racist if you're joking. I forget that all the time. 

It's not racist if it happened 7 years ago as well, I forgot that as well. 

Ach well. That's my mistake. 

6 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I'm being a drama queen right enough 

What's undeniable is you're nae happy unless you're moaning about something. 

At least it was contained to the pub before.

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's not racist if you're joking. I forget that all the time. 

It's not racist if it happened 7 years ago as well, I forgot that as well. 

Ach well. That's my mistake. 

You never told a joke about another race or someone of colour?

27 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Wrong again. I don't mind them if they stay in their own country. We shouldn't be over there troubling them either.

• Downvote 1
18 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

What's undeniable is you're nae happy unless you're moaning about something. 

At least it was contained to the pub before.

You never told a joke about another race or someone of colour?

I have done in the past, but half the shit here isn't even a joke. It's just using racist language and then going "oh I was joking." 

Load of shite 

• Site Sponsor
1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What's with this attitude heaps of British folk have, where if you criticise something, you should just no longer live there or support it or whatever. 

"I fuckin hate Britain." 

"Well fuck off and live somewhere else off are rock ?? "

"Incoming AFC employee should apologise for a racial incident he was on the wrong side of."

"fuck off and support someone else!" 

Really intelligent thinking. Good to see. 

If you criticise something, you should just give up with it? I'll bare that in mind the next bad result and everyone is raging. 

Brain cells come on here to die.

Yup

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, thurso said:

Then why are people saying we should be challenging them 

Two separate things.

The first is an (obvious) explanation for previous results.

And secondly, I'm certainly not saying that we shouldn't (and couldn't) be challenging them.

Sevco owe a ridiculous amount of money.

Celtic will undergo a major rebuild (hopefully with Keane at the helm).

If Glass is supported, and we are organized with new believe (and regularly beat the bottom eight) then there's no reason why we can't be in the mix.

Scott Brown picks on foreigners with limited English shock - add xenophobia to the list of charges against him:

"Erik Sviatchenko can still vividly recall the day Scott Brown charged him £600 to go to the toilet. Perhaps a little too vividly.

The scene was the Celtic team hotel in an industrial estate just outside of Glasgow when nature came calling for the big Danish defender. So, too, did his captain. The club's "fine minister".

"Normally we would go for a walk first but I'd misunderstood," explains Sviatchenko in mitigation.

"I was there for a couple of minutes then I thought we would have our pre-match meal, but they had gone for a walk first. I can remember that Kris Ajer and Stuart Armstrong were doing this 'quickly, quickly, quickly'.

"I knew Scott Brown had seen me turning up late and then there was obviously a fine. I thought it was much higher than it was so when I said to him, 'okay, I know that I was late, I'll pay £600', he said immediately, 'yeah, OK, let's do that'.

"Six months later I figured out the fine was only £150."

The punishment for his effervescence is justified by Sviatchenko. He laughs as he claims that the money went to a "great cause". A follow-up question over charity donations is quickly corrected to point out he means a kitty for the team night out."

• Downvote 1
7 hours ago, Farminator said:

All the winding up and bravado aside, brown can play. He hasn’t got where he is on attitude alone. 
over the years of seeing him against us he’s shown all the attributes that make a good player, range of passing, tackling and well timed runs resulting in goals. 
I think this is overlooked due to the fact he’s a bit of a cunt that opposition fans love to hate

What's not being overlooked is he'll be 36 before he puts on a strip for us.

Would love him to lead us to victory over 90 minutes at Ayebrokes, but can't see that happening.

(I want to be wrong and will gladly hold my hands up if I am.)

2 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

What's not being overlooked is he'll be 36 before he puts on a strip for us.

Would love him to lead us to victory over 90 minutes at Ayebrokes, but can't see that happening.

(I want to be wrong and will gladly hold my hands up if I am.)

Aye. 

Hopefully he's more Barry Robson than Paul Hartley but it could go either way 

Just now, Scotty_Toronto said:

Other way round...

Brown inferred Logan was lying about racial abuse.

(And what's with this "7 years ago"? Wrong then, and wrong now.)

Scotty, I just think it's a bit of a reach trying to pin a racism tag on Brown. 

I could list ten other more legitimate reasons for Aberdeen fans to hate him rather than trying to pin this one on him.  It's a non story from folk desperate to try and make a racism tag stick. 

He never condoned racism. He said his team mate said he didn't say it and he believed him. 

We've all known folk that have said or done stuff and we want to believe them and stick up for them.  It's hardly the crime of the century. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Scotty, I just think it's a bit of a reach trying to pin a racism tag on Brown. 

I could list ten other more legitimate reasons for Aberdeen fans to hate him rather than trying to pin this one on him.  It's a non story from folk desperate to try and make a racism tag stick. 

He never condoned racism.

And I of course know all that.

Here's the issue...

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He said his team mate said he didn't say it and he believed him

As Celtic captain he felt he had to believe him.

He was only looking at one side of the coin (and by doing so he hung the victim out to dry).

Showing blind loyalty to any teammate that comes along over racial abuse is wrong. 

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What's with this attitude heaps of British folk have, where if you criticise something, you should just no longer live there or support it or whatever. 

"I fuckin hate Britain." 

"Well fuck off and live somewhere else off are rock ?? "

"Incoming AFC employee should apologise for a racial incident he was on the wrong side of."

"fuck off and support someone else!" 

Really intelligent thinking. Good to see. 

If you criticise something, you should just give up with it? I'll bare that in mind the next bad result and everyone is raging. 

Brain cells come on here to die.

You best log off quick then ?

• Haha 1
Just now, Scotty_Toronto said:

And I of course know all that.

Here's the issue...

As Celtic captain he felt he had to believe him.

He was only looking at one side of the coin (and by doing so he hung the victim out to dry).

Showing blind loyalty to any teammate that comes along over racial abuse is wrong. 

Maybe he did believe him Scotty, maybe he didn't. None of us know. 

Maybe he was asked a question and gave a clumsy answer.  He's a football player, not a politician. Maybe he lied  out of loyalty and actually didn't believe Tonev. Maybe he's not skilled in dealing with stuff like this. 

Whichever way you look at Brown's part in this though you've got to make a leap of faith to come to a conclusion. Therefore it's not really a story. 

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

I think Brown needs to come out and say that he perhaps got it wrong or some other pish otherwise it’ll be the elephant in the room for quite some time.

Aye with a handful of perma offended wet wipes. I’d wager the vast majority couldn’t give a flying fuck