George Floyd

Joe pike

48 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

The trial starts today.

Any views on whether the police officer will be found guilty or not?

Expected to last 4 weeks.

Could get nasty.

It's "Saint George Floyd" FFS.

mods - can we get the thread title changed?

6 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

I should think his family are dancing in the street toasting the cop who killed him.

"Fuck we're rich we got 27 million for the robbing cunt...Yahoo."

More likely toasting the drugs that killed him - with a shitload of gear 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

The trial starts today.

Any views on whether the police officer will be found guilty or not?

Expected to last 4 weeks.

Could get nasty.

No reason to be certain he'll be convicted. 

Often cops walk from this kind of incident based on local laws, prejudice, or politics. 

I'd like to see the coppers involved dropped off on Kelt Island, though... 

8 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

He was involved in the armed robbery of a pregnant woman. 

For which he served 5 years in prison. 

Crime committed, sentence served. 

You can't later murder someone and say, "Aye, but he committed armed robbery" as a justification. 

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

For which he served 5 years in prison. 

Crime committed, sentence served. 

You can't later murder someone and say, "Aye, but he committed armed robbery" as a justification. 

He was a cunt though,  good riddance.  Would anyone shed a tear for a white guy who'd committed such a crime previously?  Unlikely.  And was it murder?  Manslaughter I would say. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
16 minutes ago, minijc said:

You're not the only one, MAD, plenty of threads and youtube videos that go down the rabbit hole.

Yip, the whole thing just doesn't add up.

1. If the copper was applying that much pressure to his neck, Floyd would have died long before the 9th minute of his apprehension.

2. Regardless of it being a copper doing the restraining of a fellow human being, if you felt they were being OTT with the apprehension you would jump into help, not stand back and video the incident of your phone. It would have been very fairly easy to do so as the copper was in an already unnatural and unbalanced position when trying to shackle Floyd.

3. Where were the ambulances that the noble citizens of Minneapolis called to come to the aid of good-living Floyd? 

I remember the once my honey monster pal strangled me with my Aberdeen scarf after I got dropped off at my local after a game we had beat Dundee United 3-1. Aberdeen had fucked his coupon that day?

After 30 seconds or so, I was in a lot of trouble regardless of me telling him to wise the fuck up. Thankfully he stopped soon after but took me a few minutes to come to again. My point being if he continue on further, I would have been broon breid after a minute or so, nae 9 minutes. 

1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

He was a cunt though,  good riddance.  Would anyone shed a tear for a white guy who'd committed such a crime previously?  Unlikely.  And was it murder?  Manslaughter I would say. 

I'm not a big fan of vigilante 'justice', so my feelings regards murdering Floyd or murdering some white suburban who never committed a crime in his life are 100% identical. 

Vigilantism tends to end with people swinging from trees, regardless of guilt. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

1. If the copper was applying that much pressure to his neck, Floyd would have died long before the 9th minute of his apprehension.

2. Regardless of it being a copper doing the restraining of a fellow human being, if you felt they were being OTT with the apprehension you would jump into help, not stand back and video the incident of your phone. It would have been very fairly easy to do so as the copper was in an already unnatural and unbalanced position when trying to shackle Floyd.

3. Where were the ambulances that the noble citizens of Minneapolis called to come to the aid of good-living Floyd? 

I remember the once my honey monster pal strangled me with my Aberdeen scarf after I got dropped off at my local after a game we beat Dundee United 3-1. Aberdeen had fucked his coupon that day?

After 30 seconds or so, I was in a lot of trouble regardless of me telling him to wise up. Thankfully he stopped soon after but took me a few minutes to come to again. My point being if he continue on further, I would have been broon breid after a minute or so, nae 9 minutes. 

1. There's no set time for how long it takes to choke someone to death. Just choking someone unconscious should take less than 20 seconds, but to kill them from oxygen starvation,  it could be less than a minute or more than 10

2. You jump in and attack a copper in the United States and you very well might end up being shot. Everyone's a hero until they're in a position to be a hero. 

3. Not sure how that matters. 

5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I remember the once my honey monster pal strangled me with my Aberdeen scarf after I got dropped off at my local after a game we had beat Dundee United 3-1. Aberdeen had fucked his coupon that day?

After 30 seconds or so, I was in a lot of trouble regardless of me telling him to wise the fuck up. Thankfully he stopped soon after but took me a few minutes to come to again. My point being if he continue on further, I would have been broon breid after a minute or so, nae 9 minutes. 

He was a big strong boy

would’ve been good in the old mandingo fechtin in years gone by

I hope the cop has had a torrid time, if he’s been remanded