George Floyd

Joe pike

35 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

27 million bucks being digitally wired to the family as we speak. 

Would have to be South African rand. 

41 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Consi and or Parky, genuine question here, was actually chatting about this with my wee cousin at the weekend about it and was interested by her answer. Why does this, and other police killings, in the US bother you so much? Things like this - https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/03/15/south-africa-police-kill-bystander-protest pass with hardly a mention in this country and yet we get mass protests and "taking the knee" about Floyd.

I'll be honest I don't give much of a fuck about any of it, the world is a fucking horrible, brutal place and the Yanks are more than capable of sorting it themselves. 

It does annoy me as much. 

However, whether or not we like it, what happens in America tended to take precedent over everything else, with it being one of the most famous and powerful countries on earth. 

All police brutality is awful, mainly because that's the point of the police at large, to brutalise citizens, but you ultimately can't focus on every single incident across the world because it would muddle everything IMO. I think George Floyd was just the straw that broke the camels back, there are various incidents of a similar nature worldwide. 

24 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Should have deducted reparations to every person Floyd committed a crime against(including the pregnant woman who he stuck a gun into her stomach and robbed her)

Or else value the compensation against his value to society.

In both cases it would be a big fat zero.

Criminals deserve to die, aye? 

Medieval stuff. 

Nobody thinks George Floyd was a saint, etc etc. That's not even close to being the point. The point is he was murdered in the street when he didn't have to be. 

24 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Should have deducted reparations to every person Floyd committed a crime against(including the pregnant woman who he stuck a gun into her stomach and robbed her)

Or else value the compensation against his value to society.

In both cases it would be a big fat zero.

Don’t keep saying it 

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I believe certain criminals should die.

I don't disagree with the sentiment when it comes to child murderers or child rapists. 

The problem that comes with that is if you start killing people found guilty of these awful crimes, there's always the possibility you kill an innocent man, as often happens in America and has happened before.

Say the judge and jury are right 99/100 times, that still means every 1 in 100 men are being sent to death for a crime they didn't commit. 

Sets a dangerous precedent.

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Given I've not attended a protest nor taken the knee about either of these issues, I can't answer for those that have. 

The media the majority of us consume is very focussed on the USA. Our TV/music/movies/etc is heavily dominated by that which originated in the USA. Our news outlets therefore report on it more. Most of us are therefore more conscious of it and it's going to draw greater reactions. 

Why do you think it is? 

Victim status. People like to play the victim. Black on black crime/brutality doesn't give people a chance to play the victim so is just conveniently ignored. The media just play up to this.

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Criminals deserve to die, aye? 

Medieval stuff. 

Nobody thinks George Floyd was a saint, etc etc. That's not even close to being the point. The point is he was murdered in the street when he didn't have to be. 

Where did I say that?

I gave my opinion that Floyd was a scumbag.

Do you disagree with that?

1 minute ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

You think he would have provided evidence that the officer didn't kneel on a restrained man's neck for 8'44 and literally choke him to death, whilst he begged for his life?

Because that is all that is relevant.

I don't know what evidence he would have given.

He has refused.

That is the point.

Are you speaking for him now?

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Consi and or Parky, genuine question here, was actually chatting about this with my wee cousin at the weekend about it and was interested by her answer. Why does this, and other police killings, in the US bother you so much? Things like this - https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/03/15/south-africa-police-kill-bystander-protest pass with hardly a mention in this country and yet we get mass protests and "taking the knee" about Floyd.

I'll be honest I don't give much of a fuck about any of it, the world is a fucking horrible, brutal place and the Yanks are more than capable of sorting it themselves. 

Because they don't care about the criminal at deaths door who died, they see it as a chance to jump on the back lives matter woke campaign, it's pathetic. 

Funny thing is George Floyd would have murdered and raped both parkie and consie if he met them alone on a dark street at night, he was a threat to society and dangerous like harvey price.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

You think he would have provided evidence that the officer didn't kneel on a restrained man's neck for 8'44 and literally choke him to death, whilst he begged for his life?

Because that is all that is relevant.

If he released the grip the guy could have killed them all, he was out of his nut on drugs. The policeman was right to wait for back up.

I think some of you must live a different World to me, I see a dangerous out of control criminal being restrained, if he'd been a decent human being he wouldn't have gone through his life raping looting and being violent, should never have been on the streets.

• Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't disagree with the sentiment when it comes to child murderers or child rapists. 

The problem that comes with that is if you start killing people found guilty of these awful crimes, there's always the possibility you kill an innocent man, as often happens in America and has happened before.

Say the judge and jury are right 99/100 times, that still means every 1 in 100 men are being sent to death for a crime they didn't commit. 

Sets a dangerous precedent.

Please don't use gendered language when addressing the forum. It triggers my anxiety.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

When Steve Irwin (RIP) used to jump on a Crocodile and pin it by the neck it would lash out and fight for a while then go still, what do you think would have happened if he'd decided that was game over, the crocodile was now going to come peacefully with him. What would have happened if he released his grip and stood up? would the croc have followed him peacefully to his truck?

It would have turned round and gobbled him up ffs!!!!

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Why does this, and other police killings, in the US bother you so much? Things like this - https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/03/15/south-africa-police-kill-bystander-protest pass with hardly a mention in this country and yet we get mass protests and "taking the knee" about Floyd.

It's only worthy of outrage if the copper is white and the criminal is black.  White criminal,  or black copper,  it's a shrug of the shoulders. 

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Where did I say that?

I gave my opinion that Floyd was a scumbag.

Do you disagree with that?

He certainly wasn't a saint. 

What's the point in bringing up his criminal past? What does that seek to do?

9 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

It's only worthy of outrage if the copper is white and the criminal is black.  White criminal,  or black copper,  it's a shrug of the shoulders. 

It happens disproportionately to black people. That's the problem. 

22 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Please don't use gendered language when addressing the forum. It triggers my anxiety.

You must be confused. 

Having a big ol' swinging pair of tits but giving a masculine persona to the world. 

I hope you find your inner peace. 

31 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

What happens if someone murders someone who'd raped their child?

One of those. You understand why, but you can't just murder people. 

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He certainly wasn't a saint. 

What's the point in bringing up his criminal past? What does that seek to do?

Wow!

If that's the attitude and approach we all should be adopting, there would be no point whatsoever in having Acts of criminal or civil law, the police, courts of law, and prisons. 

I am now away to lie down in a dark room after reading your post, Consi min.....

35 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Victim status. People like to play the victim. Black on black crime/brutality doesn't give people a chance to play the victim so is just conveniently ignored. The media just play up to this.

"Black on black" crime is always a strange one. 

Akala speaks on this really well, in a way that makes perfect sense to me. 

Crime is almost invariably linked to poverty, it's not some built in prerequisite of being a certain colour of skin. 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

Every man would murder the cunt who raped/ killed/ abused his child.

Aye. 

Wouldn't begrudge them it, either. 

Just saying they'd still have to go to jail. 

Just now, daytripping said:

I treat crimes on merit, not the colour of skin, would be racist to do anything else.

It's funny cause we've had this convo before, and you were all anti crime etc. 

Yet you constantly regale everyone with tales of the 80's when you were up to no good. 

I think you've got an agenda. 

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Consi, serious question. Do you go out hunting the black cock of a weekend, know a few birds do hence the brown babies in council estates. You one of them? You seem obsessed with blacks.

You realise this thread, that you commented on before me, is about a black guy who was murdered? 

Seems like you're a bitty obsessed. Must happen when you're a fat old cunt with a cocktail sausage knob. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

"Black on black" crime is always a strange one. 

Akala speaks on this really well, in a way that makes perfect sense to me. 

Crime is almost invariably linked to poverty, it's not some built in prerequisite of being a certain colour of skin. 

Why is "hate crime" a thing then?

10 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Fucking right min. Burglars being right towards the top of the list as well. The lasting damage burglary leaves is on a par with the crime itself. 

You'd murder a bloody burglar. 

Jesus wept. 

Thank fuck the hat doesn't run the nation. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

Why is "hate crime" a thing then?

You're gonna have to explain that to me further,  I don't get the point you're making? 

That question answers itself, surely...