George Floyd

Joe pike

2 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

So another young black male murdered by the police in Minneapollis.

But yeah they have nothing to fear...

Minneapolis: Daunte Wright killing by police near city sparks unrest - BBC News

And this guy I mean he was definitely someone for them to worry about being a criminal in his fucking UNIFORM.

US army officer sues police over violent traffic stop - BBC News

But I'm sure those saying but George Flloyd was a danger will find a reason to justify these...

"sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 213 civilians having been shot, 30 of whom were Black, in the first three months of 2021"

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

But yeah, let's make the narrative about it being only Black Men being shot and killed eh?

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Trying too hard to do what?

On the contrary, where direct speech is always to be welcomed, I'm finding it very liberating to cut to the chase.

To be down with the lads..

You keep overthinking things.

You are like a clock that is running too fast.

1 minute ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Have you ever been in a bit of bother with the law, mr goody two shoes? 

Of course.

I just pointed out you missed out the bit with the outstanding arrest warrant and blamed it on air fresheners hanging in his car..

No mention of jumping back in his car and trying to escape.

I doubt if he did that because he might be charged with illegal use of air fresheners.

I am like you.

Not a clue what really happened but don't make things up.

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

"sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 213 civilians having been shot, 30 of whom were Black, in the first three months of 2021"

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

But yeah, let's make the narrative about it being only Black Men being shot and killed eh?

No one is making the narrative about it being ONLY black men being shot and killed (there are black women like Taylor too)

But let's use your own data (112 of the 213 are unknown)
So of the remaining number they are broken down as such in 2021  50 white 30 black 20 hispanic 1 other.

Since white people make somewhere around 2/3 to 3/4 of the population, the black/hispanic deaths by police are disproportionate.

Surely you see that from the data you provided... 

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Nice to see they managed to get some looting in at the same time.

Best dressed rioters ever.

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Nothing to do with the outstanding arrest warrant?

The other fella the one in military uniform...just ignoring  him.

I don't know what happened to the 20 year man gunned down by the police but the cameras will tell us eventually, as they are now doing and the police are not as able to escape their actions.

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Away with common sense - there's outrage to be feigned!

13 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

No one is making the narrative about it being ONLY black men being shot and killed (there are black women like Taylor too)

But let's use your own data (112 of the 213 are unknown)
So of the remaining number they are broken down as such in 2021  50 white 30 black 20 hispanic 1 other.

Since white people make somewhere around 2/3 to 3/4 of the population, the black/hispanic deaths by police are disproportionate.

Surely you see that from the data you provided... 

Haha. Don't be too sensible. 

A few on here might have to think. 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

ITS AN OUTRAGE!

Just keep being ill informed. 

Also; I love that anyone finding that info angering is "feigning outrage" according to you. 

It's quite normal to care about the plight of others, you know?

2 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I’d rather be on the scamps side than the pigs 

Sounds like you’re a pig man (especially vs the wogs) 

Once again you are missing the point.

I am impartial and have never said who is guilty.

Unlike you I look at the evidence before finding somebody guilty.

• Dildo 2
5 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Just keep being ill informed. 

Also; I love that anyone finding that info angering is "feigning outrage" according to you. 

It's quite normal to care about the plight of others, you know?

Fair do's,but dyou not think we only hear about these when its a white Police officer killing a black man? 3/4 of the unarmed deaths at Police hands are White/Hispanic/Asian etc.Can you name any of them?

The ratio of deaths per contact with the Cops in the Black community is actually a lot less,than it is in the other communities.Im saying this to blame the media,(and patronising whites from nowhere near the 'Hood).Most of the media know how sensitive the past is to African Americans,and the actual stats out there,but cherry pick these situations knowing their ratings will go thru the roof

Just now, Laichomoray said:

Fair do's,but dyou not think we only hear about these when its a white Police officer killing a black man? 3/4 of the unarmed deaths at Police hands are White/Hispanic/Asian etc.Can you name any of them?

The ratio of deaths per contact with the Cops in the Black community is actually a lot less,than it is in the other communities.Im saying this to blame the media,(and patronising whites from nowhere near the 'Hood).Most of the media know how sensitive the past is to African Americans,and the actual stats out there,but cherry pick these situations knowing their ratings will go thru the roof

If you're asking whether I think the media sensationalise situations to the detriment of just about everyone, the answer is yes, I do. 

If you're asking whether I think there's a clearly disproportionate amount of black/Latino people being killed by law enforcement in America, the statistics are there for everyone to see. 

What I can't understand is why people like yourself are so determined to disprove this or refuse to accept it as even a possibility. 

21 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If you're asking whether I think the media sensationalise situations to the detriment of just about everyone, the answer is yes, I do. 

If you're asking whether I think there's a clearly disproportionate amount of black/Latino people being killed by law enforcement in America, the statistics are there for everyone to see. 

What I can't understand is why people like yourself are so determined to disprove this or refuse to accept it as even a possibility. 

You havent dug deeper then. Theres about(roughly) 1000 unarmed deaths at the hands of cops each year.About 1/4 are Black.If 50%(feel free to prove me wrong) of all violent crime is being carried out by young black men could you not argue theyre being killed less frequently than youd expect,if those figures are true?

Theres a heap of reasons why those violent crime stats could be as they are though.If you sincerely want to help the black community,should we not be exploring whats causing a lot of the young males to be getting caught up in the violence in the first place? 

Poverty? Culture? Legacy of the past? ACAB?

have a listen to Uncle Tatum 

4 minutes ago, Laichomoray said:

You havent dug deeper then. Theres about(roughly) 1000 unarmed deaths at the hands of cops each year.About 1/4 are Black.If 50%(feel free to prove me wrong) of all violent crime is being carried out by young black men could you not argue theyre being killed less frequently than youd expect,if those figures are true?

Theres a heap of reasons why those violent crime stats could be as they are though.If you sincerely want to help the black community,should we not be exploring whats causing a lot of the young males to be getting caught up in the violence in the first place? 

Can you reference that for me? The bit in bold cos I am looking at FBI figures (which I'm gonna say are fairly comprehensive) and they have 58.5% of violent crime being committed by white ethnicity... 

6 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Can you reference that for me? The bit in bold cos I am looking at FBI figures (which I'm gonna say are fairly comprehensive) and they have 58.5% of violent crime being committed by white ethnicity... 

Homicide

220px-USA_Homicide_Victimisation_Rates_B

US homicide victims by race, 1980–2017[50]
220px-USA_Homicide_Offending_Rates_By_Ra

US homicide offenders by race, 1980–2017[51]

According to the FBI, Black or African Americans accounted for 55.9% of all homicide offenders in 2019, with Whites 41.1%, and "Other"/Unknown 3.0% in cases were the race was known.[52] Among homicide victims in 2019 where the race was known, 54.7% were Black or African American, 42.3% were White, and 3.1% were of other races.[53][54] The per-capita offending rate for African Americans was roughly six times higher than Whites, and the victim rate is a similar figure. Most homicides were intraracial, with 88% of White victims killed by Whites and 80% of Black or African American victims killed by Blacks or African Americans.[54]

Stats are different elsewhere for violent non fatal crime https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/revcoa18.pdf

4 minutes ago, Laichomoray said:

Homicide

220px-USA_Homicide_Victimisation_Rates_B

US homicide victims by race, 1980–2017[50]
220px-USA_Homicide_Offending_Rates_By_Ra

US homicide offenders by race, 1980–2017[51]

According to the FBI, Black or African Americans accounted for 55.9% of all homicide offenders in 2019, with Whites 41.1%, and "Other"/Unknown 3.0% in cases were the race was known.[52] Among homicide victims in 2019 where the race was known, 54.7% were Black or African American, 42.3% were White, and 3.1% were of other races.[53][54] The per-capita offending rate for African Americans was roughly six times higher than Whites, and the victim rate is a similar figure. Most homicides were intraracial, with 88% of White victims killed by Whites and 80% of Black or African American victims killed by Blacks or African Americans.[54]

So not violent crime, as you stated, so that has been proven wrong, no mention  of age or gender in your data above.

So you can't back up your statement and have been proved wrong, as you asked to be.

"You havent dug deeper then. Theres about(roughly) 1000 unarmed deaths at the hands of cops each year.About 1/4 are Black.If 50%(feel free to prove me wrong) of all violent crime is being carried out by young black men could you not argue theyre being killed less frequently than youd expect,if those figures are true?"

So the rest of everything you said is based on false assumptions.

I'd also point out that the data provided earlier by standfree  https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/ makes no metion of unarmed 'deaths' at roughly a 1000 merely shootings "In 2020, there were 1,021 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 there were 999 fatal shootings. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 35 fatal shootings per million of the population as of March 2021."

Worth noting that under that criteria, the murder of George Floyd does not get captured, as he was choked to death and not shot, as other people have been at the hands of the police, such as Eric Garner.

Maybe it is you who needs to dig deeper. Maybe to locate some humanity.

1 hour ago, Laichomoray said:

It's mostly poverty. 

By design, mostly. 

52 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

So not violent crime, as you stated, so that has been proven wrong, no mention  of age or gender in your data above.

So you can't back up your statement and have been proved wrong, as you asked to be.

"You havent dug deeper then. Theres about(roughly) 1000 unarmed deaths at the hands of cops each year.About 1/4 are Black.If 50%(feel free to prove me wrong) of all violent crime is being carried out by young black men could you not argue theyre being killed less frequently than youd expect,if those figures are true?"

So the rest of everything you said is based on false assumptions.

I'd also point out that the data provided earlier by standfree  https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/ makes no metion of unarmed 'deaths' at roughly a 1000 merely shootings "In 2020, there were 1,021 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 there were 999 fatal shootings. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 35 fatal shootings per million of the population as of March 2021."

Worth noting that under that criteria, the murder of George Floyd does not get captured, as he was choked to death and not shot, as other people have been at the hands of the police, such as Eric Garner.

Maybe it is you who needs to dig deeper. Maybe to locate some humanity.

Ah well,its only homicide.Doesnt matter as much does it? Maybe I got stats mixed up,but whatever the stats are,young Black men are being disproportionately caught up in violent crime/homicide.

I suggested,if folks want to help the Black community we should be asking why thats the case,so less of the 'humanity' shite. Youve offered nothing,except what?  Im right ,so there? 

Theres a variety of differing stats out there,take your pick https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-crime

Heres my opinion FWIW -  Violent crime in the US has been plummeting since the 90s . The legacy of the past has,and probably for a generation or 2 yet,to be a sensitive subject in the AA community,but you'd hope it would peter out over time if youre careful.So,...if you want to help bridge the divide,what do you think highlighting only one type of death in one community at the hands of one type of Cop does for that community ? Like I said,name me 1 White/Hispanic etc whos died at the hands of the Police. Most of us can name a few from the Black community. Can you ever recall Race being in our face as much as it is these days? 

As I said,a large section of the media have a lot to answer for,they know what theyre doing,as well as the race baiters like Al Sharpton,Maxine Waters,BLM fanning the flames for their own gain by turning up after a certain type of death at the hands of a certain type of Cop,but nowhere to be seen otherwise,...or when kids are mowed down in downtown Chicago. 

17 hours ago, Joe pike said:

There we go then.

You have just seen the evidence and so have I.

The female officer is clearly at fault.

Not hard is it.

I think you'll find that whilst the female officer may have dealt with the situation differently, the fault lies purely with Daunte Wright. 

If he simply complied with the arresting officer, he would still be here today, instead of acting like 10 men struggling with officers and driving off. What a hero!

Having faulty handcuffs never helped the arresting officer's cause but the subsequent actions of Wright were inexcusable and defenceless.

Also, during the apprehension, officers were advised of an outstanding "gross misdemeanour warrant" in the name of Wright, so understandably to protect themselves and the public they quite right administered the use of a firearm as it was reasonable to assume Wright was armed. 

I am fucking sick of these ethnics getting glamourised and being portrayed as angelic, holier-than-Thou and so law-abiding, when quite clearly they are not.