George Floyd

Joe pike

14 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Sounds like you should have kept your trap shut (on numerous occasions) 

or your improvement ideas were poorly thought out 

Aye very true min. I am a great believer in trying to improve things for the better and trying achieve fairness and justice but ultimately some of these ideas rattled a few cages, so to speak, and ended up in sackings.

Life is an eternal education though. 

19 hours ago, Henry said:

Would you say all 32 places of employment were in the wrong, or was there a common factor at each one?

The common factor in the majority of them was being overambitious and doing more than I was paid to do contractually. Loads of my employers hated that attitude. 

One employer, a butcher, held me over a table threatening to deck me because I answered him back after he took the piss out of me in front of his customers. He was forever taking the piss until one day I thought enough is enough and gave him some well-deserved backchat.

Things never improved after that and I walked out 2 weeks after. 

It's been a tough ride min. 

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

It's been tough because you've made the same mistakes. Every employer would hate somebody trying to do or suggest things outwith their remit. Roles and responsibilities. You need to earn the right to pass comment on other aspects of the organisation. You earn that right by being the best at what you are supposed to be doing. 

Very wise words, Rocket min?

By trying to be the best at what I've been paid to do in the past has never been good enough for any of the employers I've worked for I'm afraid though. 

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Unwise response.

Your route to progress will never be found by straying outwith your remit.

If your best hasn't been good enough, you were in the wrong job. 

I have tried a number of different types of job (shop worker, butcher, salesman, warehouseman, council tax assistant, barman, fish yard labourer, admin assistant, assistant manager, labourer at St. Fergus, binman, electrician's mate) but as you say I still haven't found the right one yet it seems. 

28 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

How old are you? 

I liked being a butcher and barman 

I am 42, Mobby min. 

Working as an apprentice butcher was a cracking job. What the job entailed as well as the folk I worked with (bar the Jekyll and Hyde boss). 

The barman's job was alright and an education on how to deal with a range of different behaviours especially when working at the toon's nightclub. Not everyone can be a barman or barmaid.

30 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The two most oft used shit terms that interviewees come out with are team player and good communication skills.

If I was unlucky enough that the pre-interview stage didn't vet them out and someone came out with either, that was a setback. Coming out with both was fatal. This was in response to the generic open question in relation to strengths and weaknesses.

The 4-page generic application form I designed (which forced them to use handwriting, itself useful, particularly for certain jobs) asked six questions at the back, one of which was; What are your personal and professional ambitions?

Most failed to recognise the dual nature of the question but I kid you not, on about a dozen occasions they wrote "to win the lottery". These candidates were always in receipt of the polite thanks but fuck off personalised letter and never invited for interview. 1990's so it cost me a quid + time for every loser!

Fuck sake Rocket what were you interviewing for, 4 page interview application?

No way did you or HR read through all of them fully unless you are the boy from the Apprentice who spends half the interview tearing someone to shreds as they have slightly embelished something they did 10 years ago.

The hobby one is always a classic, since when did that make any difference to anyone getting a job unless they said they were a rabid Hun. 

5 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

What would you put as a hobby Frigo to impress a prospective employer? 

Dogging.

Fuck knows, I dare say some folk check social Media to see what they are into and then you could build a rapport with them as a good impression.

Dangerous game if you claim you are into fly fishing and he hits with you with loads of technical shit though.

4 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

As a manager, what is your attitude towards employees who are cleverer than you, who are more articulate than you and who have the potential to far exceed your own career capabilities?

Possibly don’t care 

as I said before I’ve plenty of money, portfolio of houses etc. I would be asking if you are more articulate than me then where’s all your dough?, houses?, 42 and not a north east man.wonder how that happened.

ps I am a Michelin star pastry chef, worked all over the world when a was younger, or as you put it. A boy that got lucky????.enjoy your day faggot

in fact ya 58 year old baw bag iam in Kilmarnock right now.not far from Stewarton,why not arrange to meet me and il show you how clever a can be?

1 minute ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Dons 79 in humblebrag about wealth shocker it says here 

Na just fed up of Criticism from someone that hasn’t a clue what or who iam.does it constantly to everyone.folk wouldn’t to my face so why would I accept it on a forum,

if you cannot see that he belittles folk for self gratification and to make his shitty little life feel better about himself then batter in!,a won’t accept it. Did you mention to him when he said he bought 2 cars cash?.didn’t think so

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Possibly don’t care 

as I said before I’ve plenty of money, portfolio of houses etc. I would be asking if you are more articulate than me then where’s all your dough?, houses?, 42 and not a north east man.wonder how that happened.

ps I am a Michelin star pastry chef, worked all over the world when a was younger, or as you put it. A boy that got lucky????.enjoy your day faggot

in fact ya 58 year old baw bag iam in Kilmarnock right now.not far from Stewarton,why not arrange to meet me and il show you how clever a can be?

That's quite the outburst.

My missus earns more than your missus.

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Ok, so we've established that you're not a rich man. Now we need to establish why you felt the need to change the conversation.

You reported having problems getting promotions in your world of middle management. Whilst exploring the role you perceive it to be - managing people - you were asked a question which might have helped you understand why good managers get promoted and why bad ones don't.

Rather than even attempt to discuss the subject (that you initiated), you went off on a weird tangent and humble brags about you and your wife again?

Tone, you said. That's a new one in me. The tone with which you engage with employees and colleagues can get you promoted? So you were always a superstar manager but it was your tone, not your attitude that was holding you back?

What you initiated the conversation with a double negative about myself, and you want a conversation?

clown

like in this essay, we have garnered the fact you are NOT wealthy?, assumptions are not clever

6 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Na just fed up of Criticism from someone that hasn’t a clue what or who iam.does it constantly to everyone.folk wouldn’t to my face so why would I accept it on a forum,

if you cannot see that he belittles folk for self gratification and to make his shitty little life feel better about himself then batter in!,a won’t accept it. Did you mention to him when he said he bought 2 cars cash?.didn’t think so

Crack a beer, it’s Saturday and the game is on soon. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

No. I asked a question. A specific question about your attitude towards good potential who you manage. There was not one sleight against you. If my question was misinterpreted by you, you can't expect me to apologise for your inability to read given the phenomenal clarity written in perfect English that I presented to you. 

My attitude sucked in work, always arguing any point that was either right or wrong.my ability was always there so couldn’t at the time differentiate between the physical job and my mentality towards others.I changed my mentality and the promotions came along with it.now for anybody looking for a promotion within my kitchen has to have the full package, mentality, work ethic and skill set.

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'm intrigued as to what he's managing?

Do they have "pastry houses" where they have all these tiers of managers, all looking for promotions to manager other managers of pastry chefs?

Must be pretty fucking expensive pastries in Ayrshire! Didn't know they were so into their patisseries to go with the religious bigotry. 

Hahahaha 

last time a checked the SNP has been voted for in the 3 Ayrshire elections for the last ten years?, Aberdeen hasn’t.full of sympathetic huns up there are there not?

So Ayrshire cannot be that biggoted otherwise it would transmit into Union votes?, like Aberdeen full of English nimby wankers ???

3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Hahahaha 

last time a checked the SNP has been voted for in the 3 Ayrshire elections for the last ten years?, Aberdeen hasn’t.full of sympathetic huns up there are there not?

So Ayrshire cannot be that biggoted otherwise it would transmit into Union votes?, like Aberdeen full of English nimby wankers ???

Ayrshire is probably worse than Glasgow in the bigot stakes, or it is in my experience. Hun infested for the majority and you know it is. Don’t associate how people vote with what football team they support, it’s a real mark of being a moron. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Ayrshire is probably worse than Glasgow in the bigot stakes, or it is in my experience. Hun infested for the majority and you know it is. Don’t associate how people vote with what football team they support, it’s a real mark of being a moron. 

Correct Ayrshire is a shithole.

Would be best being nuked.