George Floyd

Joe pike

42 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You obviously have never had the "pleasure" of being burgled or having your property stalked for 20 odd minutes by 4 masked men trying to getting into your house, saint Consi?

If you had experienced either, you would not be adopting such an attitude.

I still think if someone burgled me, I wouldn't want them dead. 

Id want my bloody stuff back and to see them brought to justice. 

Just now, NEM said:

Derek's defence should use that - only killed Dode cause he was a mink

His defence is arguing he showed restraint to not also murder the onlookers filming the murder. 

You could probably pitch them that idea and they'd go with it 

40 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye, old Tony Martin did 3 years if I recall correctly for shooting dead serial burglar Fred Barras. Thankfully, a prolonged public campaign eventually secured his rightful release. Poor bastard.

Understandably, he took the law into his own hands as he had been burgled several times but received no help whatsoever from local plod. 

This is another one I remember fairly well but thankfully this time the old florist was spared porridge.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14816940

Quite right that he should have got off...Good on him getting rid of scum.

40 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Well, sort of.

The only run ins with the law I've had have been when I got launched off a megabus in Perth for spewing my ringer after we beat the huns at Hampden in 2018.

Then a year later I was chucked in the cells for being asleep on the street after a work night out and gave the coppers some jib. 

I've never felt a need to do crime, or sell drugs, or whatever, because I'm not born of a circumstance where my options were limited. 

Where I went to school, all my mates were of a similar circumstance to myself, there were other kids at our school who were less privileged and looked after, and those are the ones who've ended up in jail or had run ins with the police, being serial offenders. 

It's not a coincidence

Shades of Theresa May and running through grass with no shoes on there Consi. 

5 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Shades of Theresa May and running through grass with no shoes on there Consi. 

Haha, aye. 

Not claiming to be anything I'm not, though!

I find the hatred towards child killers/ rapists a bit nauseating. Like social media bragging points. It’s quite fashionable to hate on them. 

yet these people still listen to Bowie etc. Who loved some child poom poom. As did lots of people when it was more acceptable to do so

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Poodler said:

I find the hatred towards child killers/ rapists a bit nauseating. Like social media bragging points. It’s quite fashionable to hate on them. 

yet these people still listen to Bowie etc. Who loved some child poom poom. As did lots of people when it was more acceptable to do so

Aye, I was a Bowie nut for years in my teens/early twenties. 

Can't say I have the same enthusiasm for him as I did, despite maintaining he's the best artist to come out of these isles. 

For some reason I think people make an exception with him, Jimmy Page etc because the girls were in their teens, and the age difference was probably more common. 

Society has changed re what's acceptable and what isn't but it's fucked to think he was 20 something shagging 13 year olds. 

They all were. 

I try not to think about it and enjoy the music. Silly to make a hero out of any man. 

2 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Sweeping statement. No they all weren't. 

If that was directed towards black people you'd go mildly aggressive. 

Very few weren't at it. 

I never considered the plight of 70's rockers in society at large. A truly marginalised demographic. 

Iggy Pop, Bowie, Prince, Page and the list probably goes on. 

I naively like to think Lou Reed never did the youngsters. 

10 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Aye, I was a Bowie nut for years in my teens/early twenties. 

Can't say I have the same enthusiasm for him as I did, despite maintaining he's the best artist to come out of these isles. 

For some reason I think people make an exception with him, Jimmy Page etc because the girls were in their teens, and the age difference was probably more common. 

Society has changed re what's acceptable and what isn't but it's fucked to think he was 20 something shagging 13 year olds. 

They all were. 

I try not to think about it and enjoy the music. Silly to make a hero out of any man. 

Rather judgemental, Mr. Consi. You seem to have a severe dose of retrograde amnesia this afternoon. 

Best take some Benilyn and have a lie down min.

2 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Ill bet a large amount of money of all musical acts in the 70s the percentage of them fucking kids was less than 2%.

I dont even care, its just to highlight the opposite nit picking that arises on here with request to back up proof with graphs and pie charts. 

I feel we're making progress in our friendship. 

Aye, it's more the rock and roll element of it. With the groupies etc. 

Dodgy shit went down.

8 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Rather judgemental, Mr. Consi. You seem to have a severe dose of retrograde amnesia this afternoon. 

Best take some Benilyn and have a lie down min.

The rock scene was definitely all about the shagging of minors. 

Even that cunt from Aerosmith is a nonce. It's a part of the outdated rock and roll culture, just shagging anything with a pulse and not taking responsibility as an adult for who yer shagging.

8 minutes ago, Dad said:

He's got a few songs about weird shit. 

Sister Midnight and his sex gun with his ma, the one that sticks in my mind. 

Who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Dad said:

Now I wanna be your dog wasnae exactly about a trip to disney land either tbh

Great song. 

Sonic Youth do it proper justice here, probably my favourite cover of a song by anyone ever. 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

You ever been in a band? ?

Dad and the Offenders. 

Toured Thailand and rural Africa until they disbanded amid undisclosed allegations.