George Floyd

Joe pike

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

You will understand if you ever have kids of your own.

It was never acceptable and always illegal.

I do understand the right to kill child perverts,  should be enforced in my opinion, although,! historically the second statement is just not true.

Spartans for one

Persians as in Darius the great and Xerxes

The Ottoman Empire

to name a few

none of them listened to Bowie though

George Floyd was not choked to death. He was not asphyxiated. He was not killed by Chauvin’s knee on the side of his neck. An autopsy showed Floyd’s neck muscles were not even bruised.

https://buchanan.org/blog/who-and-what-killed-george-floyd-142867

(Article is from mid march, but had new info for me).

14 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Brilliant gig at Fusion in the early 80's. We never knew about his penchants then and it was more let's go for a laff type night out but he was an absolutely outstanding live act.

A mates mother used to be manager at the old student union at the top of Schoolhill, she said that in the early 80's, Glitter did a midweek show there.

He was considered a cheesy act at the time and all the students considered him a novelty act at best. She said that he put on the best performance she ever saw, live or on TV.

5 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I blame poverty.  

Would suspect you're right there (or actually, totally wrong given you were trying, and failing, to do a funny). Some people can never escape the life and people they grew up with. Aaron Hernandez being a much more famous example from American football. 

Don't know much about this guy at all. Can't mind him playing tbh. I see the article referencing his concussion history, clearly implying possible CTE. 

• Dildo 3

So another young black male murdered by the police in Minneapollis.

But yeah they have nothing to fear...

Minneapolis: Daunte Wright killing by police near city sparks unrest - BBC News

And this guy I mean he was definitely someone for them to worry about being a criminal in his fucking UNIFORM.

US army officer sues police over violent traffic stop - BBC News

But I'm sure those saying but George Flloyd was a danger will find a reason to justify these...

1 hour ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

And this guy I mean he was definitely someone for them to worry about being a criminal in his fucking UNIFORM.

But I'm sure those saying but George Flloyd was a danger will find a reason to justify these...

Nice to see they managed to get some looting in at the same time.

Best dressed rioters ever.

2 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

"sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 213 civilians having been shot, 30 of whom were Black, in the first three months of 2021"

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

But yeah, let's make the narrative about it being only Black Men being shot and killed eh?

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Trying too hard to do what?

On the contrary, where direct speech is always to be welcomed, I'm finding it very liberating to cut to the chase.

To be down with the lads..

You keep overthinking things.

You are like a clock that is running too fast.