Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Allan Russell

5 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Aye, he felt like a bit of an unknown quantity as a manager, but with these assistants he obv means business. V encouraging.

Have the “titles” of Brown & Russell been confirmed?

I’ve read them both described as “assistant coaches”.

Is one of them going to be “assistant manager” to use an old school description. 
Who has seniority between the two of them? 

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Is one of them going to be “assistant manager” to use an old school description. 

It's not clear so far

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

But does it even matter?

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not really, I’m just curious.

Same as the recruitment part of things. Which DOES matter. Who’ll head that up? 

Maybe find out when Glass starts up. 

I'd imagine we'd slowly move to a more modern approach, like I would presume Atlanta have, whereby its young computer geeks turning up to the office studying stats and far less travelling to watch Wigan U23s playing Everton U23s one night and then Northampton Doncaster the next night.

47 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not really, I’m just curious.

Same as the recruitment part of things. Which DOES matter. Who’ll head that up? 

Maybe find out when Glass starts up. 

The Daily Retard last week had Brown as first team coach and Russell as assistant manager. 

No idea of the veracity of their source though....could just be a typical press guess

On 4/8/2021 at 9:11 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Assistant to the manager 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Is Glass's title manager or head coach?

Who cares what the title is? It’s irrelevant if he’s a manager, head coach or leader of the revolution.

He’ll be assessed on what he does in the role.

Its a gamble, no doubt, but hopefully a calculated gamble and I personally am keen and excited about the changes that are coming.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

6 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Make Bruce Anderson Great again, Alan, please.

That won’t be his focus.

Anderson is out on loan so he’ll be focussing on those still with us. Let’s get to the end of the season. 8 games, hopefully start seeing more creativity and win the majority of them. Scottish cup has to be the priority, great chance to get to the semi’s at least then there’s 2 one off games to lift the trophy and straight into the group stages of Europe

22 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

That won’t be his focus.

Anderson is out on loan so he’ll be focussing on those still with us. Let’s get to the end of the season. 8 games, hopefully start seeing more creativity and win the majority of them. Scottish cup has to be the priority, great chance to get to the semi’s at least then there’s 2 one off games to lift the trophy and straight into the group stages of Europe

That would be hilarious if Glass managed to do in 4 games what McInnes has been trying to do in 7-8 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • 5 weeks later...