Starts today. Tough to find much value as there’s a lot of guys firing right now. Could make for a close contest though. Good chance of a UK winner and will be watching Westwood with interest. John Rahm, Patrick Cantlay and slight left field pick in Corey Conners are my other shouts.

2 hours ago, thedandydon said:

Starts today. Tough to find much value as there’s a lot of guys firing right now. Could make for a close contest though. Good chance of a UK winner and will be watching Westwood with interest. John Rahm, Patrick Cantlay and slight left field pick in Corey Conners are my other shouts.

Conners is one of my picks, Casey my main bet and a few others like Kokrak, Griffin, Oosthuizen and Macintyre, all each way.

59 minutes ago, minijc said:

Conners is one of my picks, Casey my main bet and a few others like Kokrak, Griffin, Oosthuizen and Macintyre, all each way.

Lobbed Oosthuizen in last minute too. Cink at 400-1 caught the eye too for an each wayer. Huge odds for a fairly steady player round Augusta.

39 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

????

I really rate him, been watching and backing for a couple of years now and feels like this is a great time for him to be making his debut.  There's a few other young Scottish players that are doing well which is great for the game.

Lyle 1 under after 2. Back to level after 3.....

.....and 4 over after 4. 

Now 6 over after 7, absolutely hacking his way round. Can't decide if it is pure comedy or just plain sad.

They really should restrict previous winners' playing privileges to 20 years or age 55, whichever comes first

Rockin a pair of braces though is Sandy. Nae yer usual golfing attire.

I love seeing the old boys knock it around. Theres a touch of exhibition about it but occasionally they can roll back the years (Langer and Couples for example). Its part of what makes the Masters so engaging.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Lyle 1 under after 2. Back to level after 3.....

.....and 4 over after 4. 

Now 6 over after 7, absolutely hacking his way round. Can't decide if it is pure comedy or just plain sad.

They really should restrict previous winners' playing privileges to 20 years or age 55, whichever comes first

Watson nearly won the Open in his 60's

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

2009. I was there and was gutted.

Saw every shot he and Jack played at the weekend in 1977.

On the Thursday of 2009 he shot 65 and I watched every shot. I didn't go to 86 and was in Oz for 93 so I witnessed the same golfer, on the same course, in the same competition, shoot the same score... separated by a period of THIRTY TWO YEARS!

Fuck me was it that long ago,  time flies !! wasn't there but it was great telly , gutted for him at the end 

44 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Not sure what's happened here,  but I stuck £3 on Rose e/w,  they just offered me £45 to cash out!  Obviously grabbed it but wtf? 

Are you sure it wasn't a bet on clubhouse leader after the first round?

Having said that I hadn't realised he'd moved to 7 under, last time I looked he was 4 under. 4 shot lead already......long way to go but he's put a shitload of pressure on the rest of the field already

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

243 + 51 = 294

You took 45.

What puzzles you?

You made 39 instead of an e/w 45 profit or a win at 288 profit. 

I know.  It was only day 1 and he was only 1 shot ahead of the field when I cashed out though. They were effectively paying out on him finishing top 8 when he was halfway through his 1st round.  I'm only losing out if he actually wins the tournament. 

10 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

He could easy finish outside top 8. 

Exactly,  that's why I took the cash out. Lots of golf still to be played.  Obviously I'll be kicking myself if he wins,  but like you I'll be surprised if he does.  Also took Cameron Champ at 80/1,  he finished today on even par. 

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Quite fancy getting into the old golf . Do you need coaching or can you  ‘ self teach ‘ as it were ?

You might be lucky and have an innate natural ability.

Most likely you wont though. Still, with practice and maybe reading one of the countless teaching manuals available......out a library if you don't want to pay for it.....you should be able to get yourself to a level where it's at least an enjoyable pursuit.

But if you intend getting a handicap and taking it even just the slightest bit seriously, I'd recommend you take a course of lessons from a pro. And keep on taking 2 or 3 every few years as you improve. 

40 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You might be lucky and have an innate natural ability.

Most likely you wont though. Still, with practice and maybe reading one of the countless teaching manuals available......out a library if you don't want to pay for it.....you should be able to get yourself to a level where it's at least an enjoyable pursuit.

But if you intend getting a handicap and taking it even just the slightest bit seriously, I'd recommend you take a course of lessons from a pro. And keep on taking 2 or 3 every few years as you improve. 

Thanks TC. I like to think Ive got an 'eye for a ball' so to speak. Normally pick up sports quite well. Ive only ever thrashed about on a local course wi' a couple of clubs but enjoyed it at the time.