Aberdeen 2 - 2 Livingston (5 - 3 Pens)

I agree with the pro-McGinn sentiments.  Obv past his peak (cant believe we first signed him nearly a decade ago - FFS that was quick) but he is still a great player who can turn a game.  He has been brilliant for us in both spells, more power to him.  He deserves much more of a fan base imo.  Easily one of our best players in the post 2000 era.

Btw the livi ET penalty was an absolute disgrace and undoubtedly the worst I have ever seen.  Even the huns would have been scarlet to have been awarded that.

10 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I agree with the pro-McGinn sentiments.  Obv past his peak (cant believe we first signed him nearly a decade ago - FFS that was quick) but he is still a great player who can turn a game.  He has been brilliant for us in both spells, more power to him.  He deserves much more of a fan base imo.  Easily one of our best players in the post 2000 era.

Btw the livi ET penalty was an absolute disgrace and undoubtedly the worst I have ever seen.  Even the huns would have been scarlet to have been awarded that.

Mcginn is by far the best finisher at the club and it is actually criminal that Mcinnes refused to play him through the middle more

19 hours ago, Millertime said:

Aye, cos he definitely wanted to have his top scorer sold and only replaced at the last minute with 3 unfit loans

:spanner:

Come on MT, he had hardly played cosgrove over the previous year. 

Mcinnes should have been away long before he eventually went.

23 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Come on MT, he had hardly played cosgrove over the previous year. 

Mcinnes should have been away long before he eventually went.

If McInnes was sacked after the Livvie or Hibs defeat then we'd likely be looking much stronger right now.

13 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

He's the only one of the out of contract players I'd give a new contract to.

He could do nothing the whole game but he's the only one who can finish like that. No-one else in that team is scoring that. 

Has to be played centrally though.

What did you expect after 3 days training you gype?

This is McInnes team and players, it's going to take longer than 3 days to knock them into shape.

Agree more like 3 months if they survive.  

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He absolutely was

Until january

Absolutely understandable given the financial hit the club has had this season and the support he had in the summer.

Even after the summer support, he was still able to go out and get Watkins to cover injuries.

The club would have expected they still had enough to be safely in 3rd at least

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

My point is that he would not have wanted our squad to be as goosed as it is right now - it only is because cormack knew he was leaving and wouldn't sanction further transfer activity 

The squad wasn't goosed because McInnes wasn't supported in January, MT. The squad is McInnes' work...

34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No I know, I agree

He majorly fecked up recruitment towards the end 

I am just really sad about it as he gave us a superb first 5 or so years and he really did love the club and the city 

Just really wish he left a few years ago, for his sake as much as ours 

It's the lesson we need to learn, you strike when the iron is hot

We made the same mistake with mckenna 

Too many clueless cunts were still backing him the last 2 years. ;)