I'm not quite sure about writing off Cosgrove on the scoring goals part yesterday, given the standard of deliveries in to the box over his 3 starts, it would be a bit unfair to judge yet.

Hoping with a pre-season with us, he can start to maintain a level of fitness later in to the game, and can see what he can offer next year.

Two terrible teams last night though in my opinion. For two teams battling out for 2nd in the league, the amount of schoolboy errors and comical attempts at passes, crosses etc was ridiculous. A real lack of quality even if there was a degree of competitiveness in the game.

I'm not quite sure about writing off Cosgrove on the scoring goals part yesterday, given the standard of deliveries in to the box over his 3 starts, it would be a bit unfair to judge yet.

Absolutely, there is no way he can be written off, that would be ridiculous at this stage.

Two terrible teams last night though in my opinion. For two teams battling out for 2nd in the league, the amount of schoolboy errors and comical attempts at passes, crosses etc was ridiculous. A real lack of quality even if there was a degree of competitiveness in the game.

Yes it reminded me of playing hearts, with the amount of rugby tackles, pushing and shoving etc. Not pretty and I was surprised the huns didnt get someone sent off.

Pretty sure I saw you this morning... I was turning out to go to work, and you appeared to just be going home. Black car?

Anyways, Ball was having a great game up until he slipped once and almost let the Huns in - might have been knackered, otherwise that's the only reason I could see - he played very well, stuck right in.

GMS wasn't fit - and I'd be surprise if Tavernier let him out his pocket for next season.

It would be an absolute embarrassment for either us or Huns to finish second, terrible teams.

Wrong spy....I've a red car, left the house about 6.50 to drop the bairn at nursery before work.

I'd actually keep Ball going on recent form. One slip aside was very good again

Summed up the season really. Flashes of quality but ultimately easy as fuck to score against and no gumption when it came down to it. We might still fluke second but it's been such a nothing season. Optimistic for the rebuild though until I see next years Tansey and Maynards

Next years Tansey could very well be Tansey

By that logic there is no point in us having a manager then.

A manager worth his salt would have changed the system five minutes after half time as it was obvious to anyone watching that we were being overrun, and there is his biggest failing.

Time and time again he elects to sit on his hands and do nothing. He has no guts. He is naturally scared of the old firm. He is too passive.

That was our chance to secure second and put to bed any questions about not showing up in the big games. We had the game by the short and curlies and let it slip.

Piss or get off the pot McInnes.

I don't absolve him of all blame.

I've made that point several times over the season.

Due to the massive imbalance within our squad caused by his piss poor recruitment he would have been unable to make any effective change, but yes he should have tried something to regain control. I've no idea what that would've been given the options on the bench.

What would you have done?

One of the negatives this season is how often our players seem to run out of energy. Yesterday, Ball, Shinnie and McLean all faded badly.In the first half,they were always in Rangers' face and the Huns couldn't cope. It was to be expected that they would slow down at some point but last night they were done after 10 minutes into the 2nd half.

Impressed with Cosgrove and his hold up play. Something we have been lacking all season. Hopefully a pre season under his belt and he will be an asset for us next year. Midfield 3 were very good in the first half but we faded in the 2nd half. Logan has really upped his game in recent weeks as well. Felt sorry for McKenna at the goal as he had no chance. Someone has to get between McCrorie and the ball to block his running jump.

GMS wasn't fit and it would of been easy to swap him for Wright or Stewart earlier. However he actually done better defensively than he has done in previous games.

The summer recruitment hasn't been as good as it looked on paper and the manager I am sure is looking at addressing this before next season. He deserves his chance to put things right and if he still some how manages to get us to 2nd place this year with this squad then its a pretty good achievement.

Ball picked up some sort of injury just into the second half. Spent the breaks in play trying to stretch off whatever it was. Must have affected his game, because I thought he was our best player in the first half along with McLean.

Wonder if hes been told theres a chance we want to keep him.

Seems to have turned it on a bit recently.

Ball picked up some sort of injury just into the second half. Spent the breaks in play trying to stretch off whatever it was. Must have affected his game, because I thought he was our best player in the first half along with McLean.

Think it was a niggle based on him not being 100% match fit. Three high-intensity games in 11 days taking its toll on him I think with him not having played much before.

He was doing well but he does have a tendency to switch off for split seconds in matches; did it once last night and also on Saturday. It's a trait of his game that needs ruthlessly stamped out. But based on his last three games, he's been a good asset to us and I'd maybe offer him a deal.

Last three matches have been battles and it's good to see we have the stomach for it. It's not been pretty, the long balls up to Cosgrove, who to be fair has done everything expected of him, we need another flair midfielder for next season with McLean going, and challenge Frank Ross and Scott Wright to really light a fire under McGinn and GMS.

Think the issue was that both Ball and Mclean picked up injuries that negated them in the 2nd half, GMS was never fit even at the start, Shinnie was done in, cos of all the work he did earlier.

Greg Stewart offers fuck all, particularly as an impact sub.

May - jury still out on the hippy.

The main reason we've not hit the heights is because our strikers are not scoring. If May was still the player we thought he was then I think 2nd would be already ours and we'd be a bit closer to Celtic. Cosgrove shows there is a player in there but needs a goalscorer to back him up, dare I say a fitter and les Hunnish fat boy Boyd who can latch on to the loose balls. Big big summer is needed, lots of holes to plug. When I say plug I don't mean Ryan Christie even if he does look like plug.

Wonder if hes been told theres a chance we want to keep him.

Seems to have turned it on a bit recently.

given our lack on midfielders I would say he has a good chance - personally id also be tempted to hold onto Tansey initially anyway until we are certain we have midfield cover

Christ, our standards have fallen dramatically if folk think it's a good idea to keep hold of Dominic Ball and that Cosgrove is a good option up front. Yes, he held the ball up well, but purely as that's the tactic we employed - punting long balls up to him. Did it result in some link up to anyone else? Most of his work was done well behind their box.... about as cutting edge as one of Christie's mazy runs!

Ball is utterly average. I wouldn't pay for this guy over the development of one of our younger midfielders, that's for sure. When we source a couple of replacements for Jack/McLean/Tansey, Ball would be lucky to have a spot on the bench imho.

Can't really grumble about the result last night. In fact, on the balance of play (and chances created), we were probably fortunate to walk away with a draw.

What really hacked me off was the persistence with Christie. What has Scott Wright done to be left on the bench when someone like Christie is being played in his favoured position (attacking winger) ahead of him, even when all throughout the 2nd half, it was clear Christie was totally ineffective?

As said, it was a sad way to sign off the season at home..... but clearing out AOC, Arnie, Maynard, Stewart, McLean, Tansey (hopefully), Woodman, Chidi, Ball... will create plenty of budget to bring in some decent and hopefully permanent players.

McLean - yes, he's been good of late - but where has that form been for well over a year. Only seen him come to the fore after he signed for Norwich.

Players I would solely base my team around next year as Lewis, McKenna, Devlin, Shinnie, McGinn, GMS and potentially, potentially Logan (though he's had a mare of a season overall I think(. That's a frickin lot of players we need to fill the other slots.

Christ, our standards have fallen dramatically if folk think it's a good idea to keep hold of Dominic Ball and that Cosgrove is a good option up front. Yes, he held the ball up well, but purely as that's the tactic we employed - punting long balls up to him. Did it result in some link up to anyone else? Most of his work was done well behind their box.... about as cutting edge as one of Christie's mazy runs!

Ball is utterly average. I wouldn't pay for this guy over the development of one of our younger midfielders, that's for sure. When we source a couple of replacements for Jack/McLean/Tansey, Ball would be lucky to have a spot on the bench imho.

Can't really grumble about the result last night. In fact, on the balance of play (and chances created), we were probably fortunate to walk away with a draw.

What really hacked me off was the persistence with Christie. What has Scott Wright done to be left on the bench when someone like Christie is being played in his favoured position (attacking winger) ahead of him, even when all throughout the 2nd half, it was clear Christie was totally ineffective?

As said, it was a sad way to sign off the season at home..... but clearing out AOC, Arnie, Maynard, Stewart, McLean, Tansey (hopefully), Woodman, Chidi, Ball... will create plenty of budget to bring in some decent and hopefully permanent players.

McLean - yes, he's been good of late - but where has that form been for well over a year. Only seen him come to the fore after he signed for Norwich.

Players I would solely base my team around next year as Lewis, McKenna, Devlin, Shinnie, McGinn, GMS and potentially, potentially Logan (though he's had a mare of a season overall I think(. That's a frickin lot of players we need to fill the other slots.

Our standards have fallen dramatically because people want to keep ball and Cosgrove? Youll need to explain that one.

Also, its not really Cosgroves fault if nobody is there to lay the Ball off too or has had to come deep to get the Ball. Bit of a ridiculous criticism tbh.

• Upvote 1

Absolute rubbish from start to finish...as per...

• Upvote 1

The same budget that he used to bring those in bold in this season, it's hardly as though he's inherited dross.

Another transfer window of loans beckons.

Our standards have fallen dramatically because people want to keep ball and Cosgrove? Youll need to explain that one.

Also, its not really Cosgroves fault if nobody is there to lay the Ball off too or has had to come deep to get the Ball. Bit of a ridiculous criticism tbh.

You've obviously a problem reading so I'll explain what I wrote. I said, KEEPING Ball and PLAYING Cosgrove as our striker..... Neither of the two are of the quality we need to represent a serious challenge for league or cups. Cosgrove promise of things to come perhaps, but only utilised as a way of battering defences and playing high balls into the box. Ball just not good enough. His 2nd half display summed the boy up, not to mention his cup semi performance.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion on players.

Basing a team around McGinn and GMS

Again, you've singled out these two as if I said we build around them and them solely. Out of the players we have on our books not likely to be punted (and why should they), these two are starters for me.... GMS showed us already what he's capable of. Just lacks a bit of confidence at times. McGinn's record speaks for itself and just because he's had an average few weeks, it would be the work of a complete idiot to write him off.