Out Of Contract

Judging by his red Tv pre match comments, I would say so

The journalist did brilliantly pushing him, but he was wholly non committal

I'm pretty sure he's just waiting on a better offer to arrive from down south... which is why he can't commit right now, unless that offer doesn't materialise.  If he wanted to stay at Aberdeen, he'd have already taken our offer.

... unless he has signed for The Rangers and is keeping it quiet!

I can't see him going there. As good as I think he is, I don't think they can afford to sign him not to play him. They already have guys on very good wages in his positions. He will want to play wherever he goes.

It just seems strange that nothing has been announced.

Exactly the same as when Ryan Jack signed his pre-contract, but it was kept hush-hush. A number of fans are now starting to put two and two together... and the Huns are starting to do the same! Every they're taking about a repeat of the Ryan Jack situation!

If Shinnie has signed for someone else, what's the issue with announcing it? At this stage it'd actually be a massive relief!

Only other potential scenario is, Shinnie hasn't signed for anyone yet and is just waiting for a big offer from down south... if that doesn't materialise, he'll take our best offer? Wishful thinking I'd say!

It just seems strange that nothing has been announced.

Exactly the same as when Ryan Jack signed his pre-contract, but it was kept hush-hush. A number of fans are now starting to put two and two together... and the Huns are starting to do the same! Every they're taking about a repeat of the Ryan Jack situation!

If Shinnie has signed for someone else, what's the issue with announcing it? At this stage it'd actually be a massive relief!

Only other potential scenario is, Shinnie hasn't signed for anyone yet and is just waiting for a big offer from down south... if that doesn't materialise, he'll take our best offer? Wishful thinking I'd say!

I think you're closer with the last line.

I've seen Shinnie at some of the community trust events. Seems to have a genuine affection for the club. I'd be surprised if he made the move.

Still think he's going South but there's really no getting away from it, If Shinnie goes to the huns it's a hammer blow to this club and an utter fucking embarassment of the highest order.  I think I'll just pack it in if I see our captain go there*

*I don't count Ryan Jack as anything other than a piece of shit with legs.

• Upvote 3

Shinnie seems focused on the pitch, so why not wait and see?  This isn't a Jack situation where he sheds his skin prematurely and ssssslithers off to Snake Mountain.

Players come, players go.

I think this is exactly like the Jack situation was at this stage of the season. From memory it wasn't until very near the end of the season that it became known for sure that Jack was going to the Huns , although there was plenty rumour and spuculation that he was going to them Up until then it was all vague, non-committal comments from Jack , just like Shinnie's been lately.

I'd have to say also , that I never thought that Jack's level of commitment and performance whilst he was still playing for us was noticeably worse in his last few months with us. In fact , I'd say his performance in the 2017 Cup Final was one of his best for us.

Obviously , I hope to fuck that Shinnie doesn't go to them. I'm hoping that at the moment he's just genuinely keeping his option open , and that staying with us is stillone of these options.

If Shinnie has signed a pre-contract...what's the benefit to Sevco to keep it quiet? Not like they kept Jordan Jones quiet, despite him still playing for a competing team for another 4 months. Why would they not say, especially right before they played us? Arguably Shinnie couldn't have played, or would have made it harder for McInnes to pick him anyway.

Could it simply be Shinnie requesting them not to? The other simple explanation would be he hasn't signed for them, of course.

Honestly don't think Shinnie has signed a pre-contract with sevco. As said, there's no advantage to sevco keeping it quiet and they would surely have been blasting it from the rooftops in the lead up to last week's game to try and get us to leave Shinnie out

Foreby that, sevco have enough midfielders already to field an entire eleven of them plus 2 or 3 substitutes. He would be competing for a place directly against the Rat, McCrorie, Davis and Kamara. So he would be lucky to play in a third of their games if all were available.

My feeling is he hasn't signed with anyone yet. Weighing up whether signing on a contract that would make him our highest paid current player ( I'd guess somewhere between £6/7k per week) or signing on for a lower level Championship club for perhaps £3k/week more.....roughly £500k more over a 3 year contract. I understand DM giving him time to make the correct decision for him and his family but time is moving on. We need to plan for next season and so I'd be giving him a deadline after which our offer is withdrawn. I don't think 1st March is unreasonable. We would mainly miss his attitude and drive.....but his skillset a a midfielder alone are absolutely bog standard and should be replaceable.

Honestly don't think Shinnie has signed a pre-contract with sevco. As said, there's no advantage to sevco keeping it quiet and they would surely have been blasting it from the rooftops in the lead up to last week's game to try and get us to leave Shinnie out

Foreby that, sevco have enough midfielders already to field an entire eleven of them plus 2 or 3 substitutes. He would be competing for a place directly against the Rat, McCrorie, Davis and Kamara. So he would be lucky to play in a third of their games if all were available.

My feeling is he hasn't signed with anyone yet. Weighing up whether signing on a contract that would make him our highest paid current player ( I'd guess somewhere between £6/7k per week) or signing on for a lower level Championship club for perhaps £3k/week more.....roughly £500k more over a 3 year contract. I understand DM giving him time to make the correct decision for him and his family but time is moving on. We need to plan for next season and so I'd be giving him a deadline after which our offer is withdrawn. I don't think 1st March is unreasonable. We would mainly miss his attitude and drive.....but his skillset a a midfielder alone are absolutely bog standard and should be replaceable.

There's also Arfield and Dorrans.

If Shinnie has signed a pre-contract...what's the benefit to Sevco to keep it quiet? Not like they kept Jordan Jones quiet, despite him still playing for a competing team for another 4 months. Why would they not say, especially right before they played us? Arguably Shinnie couldn't have played, or would have made it harder for McInnes to pick him anyway.

Could it simply be Shinnie requesting them not to? The other simple explanation would be he hasn't signed for them, of course.

Same reason the Jack deal was kept quiet (... the worst kept secret in Scottish football).

We can say what we want, but it won't make a difference as the player has all the power here.  We could tell him we'll withdraw the deal after X date... but Shinnie will know very well that if he changes his mind and decides to stay, we are not going to turn him away.  That deal will always be available for him if he wants it - despite what the club says - and Shinnie will know this.

Regardless, McInnes needs to focus on replacements.

Not sure if I entirely agree with the above post.

Yeah, Shinnie knows he’s had us over a barrel up till now to a degree, but that time has come and gone. The player and therefore the club know by now what his intentions are, therefore, we will be well down the road already of making alternative arrangements for life post Shinnie.

Or, we should be. I’d hope offers have already been made.

We’ll finally know this week