Anthony O'connor.

I think we need to give the lad a chance before we judge.

Will certainly bring strength and aggression, question will be if he is a god enough footballer I guess.

I'd assume he is primarily going to be DM and cover for RB. Both of which are positions we needed to add to so makes sense.

I think McInnes is giving himself lots of options and its a good idea - we've tried working with a small squad of quality performers and perhaps we've got as far as we can with that - now we will have a few more options across the park and this will bring competition & freshness within the squad as well the ability to change tactical approach game to game and a chance to rest players during the season.

Of course if the players coming in aren't sufficiently good then we won't really be any further forward but he has got to try to get in what he needs with the budget he has got and take it from there.

As well as seeing what these players can do, it'll be quite interesting to see what McInnes can do with more options - in the past he has been very committed to one or two systems of play and about 13-14 core players.

"He will be eager to show everyone what he can do and how good a player he is. Anthony is more than good enough to play every week."

Higher praise than the acquisition (on paper) might suggest.

(Fingers crossed.)

Hopefully, but he's not going to say he's not good enough to play every week though is he.

Yeah i also done a bit of digging on a Plymouth forum from a couple years back - they rated him really highly and were surprised they had a player of his caliber at their team who in their opinion could have easily played higher.

Weren't surprised he moved up a division but questioned why Burton as they thought he was better than that.

Said he was a tough tackling player and best position was at centre half.

These guys were also of the opinion that Gregg Wylde was easily their most overrated player last season and surprised he managed to find a move to Millwall and were in agreement he wouldn't be a miss

Yeah i also done a bit of digging on a Plymouth forum from a couple years back - they rated him really highly and were surprised they had a player of his caliber at their team who in their opinion could have easily played higher.

Weren't surprised he moved up a division but questioned why Burton as they thought he was better than that.

Said he was a tough tackling player and best position was at centre half.

These guys were also of the opinion that Gregg Wylde was easily their most overrated player last season and surprised he managed to find a move to Millwall and were in agreement he wouldn't be a miss

They sound like they know their football

Guest RosemountRed

McInnes claims to have watched O'Connor play right back, left back, centre back, midfield and middle of a three at the back.

He needs to get out more.

Was thinking that - that's a lot of watching lower league pish. Hope he has found a gem.

Stockley getting good reports from those that made it along today but would argue he's came from being released by a premiership club at the age of 22 - he should be decent

Was thinking that - that's a lot of watching lower league pish. Hope he has found a gem.

Stockley getting good reports from those that made it along today but would argue he's came from being released by a premiership club at the age of 22 - he should be decent

Having had a look at his loan history it seems to be mainly League 2 he's played at for any length of time.

Must admit when I've seen him interviewed, he seems a bit soft but watched the Brechin highlights and I like the way he puts himself about. He should be a good addition.

Having had a look at his loan history it seems to be mainly League 2 he's played at for any length of time.

Must admit when I've seen him interviewed, he seems a bit soft but watched the Brechin highlights and I like the way he puts himself about. He should be a good addition.

Aye. It's the soft interviews that did us in last season.

To those who use "where a player last played" as some kind of gauge as to their overall quality before they've even kicked a football, bear in mind last season Spurs signed a lad from a "third division" side and that player became a first team pick very quickly and is now representing his country at Euro 2016: Dele Alli.

1d1ots. *

Welcome AO'C. Do not read this forum without a tin foil hat and condoms on.

*word censor, really?

Is there substance in the suggestion Flood is on his way?

I wouldn't be unhappy if he was personally, I feel he was quite poor last season and we need a stronger performer middle of the park.

I really hope not - I like Flood and feel he still has a lot to offer. He would be a first team player for many teams outside ourselves and Celtic. I hope he stays. My on;y issue isn't so much with him but the mere fact Jack and Flood are detrimental to the team when playing alongside one another.

Never understood those on here that like Flood. all he ever seems to do is run around in circles and never get anywhere. Never rated him and never will.

Alongside Robson, Flood was a crucial component of our midfield in McInnes first season. The only problem was playing Jack with them as it bogged down the midfield. However I agree that he's not a player we need now - certainly isn't a starter that's for sure - so can see him making the move to someone else and whether it's Utd so be it