What Do We Need To Sign This Summer?

You posted a ridiculous link from some nonsense source naming some random Eastern Europeans that we should sign and don't seem to comprehend why people are saying how silly it was.

You've lived in Canada too long min. Absolute glue pot.

The link (which did bring up some good points) was used just as a starting place for discussion.

The graphic just highlighted the positions we're going to have to look at.

Thread title question stands, though.

The link (which did bring up some good points) was used just as a starting place for discussion.

The graphic just highlighted the positions we're going to have to look at.

Thread title question stands, though.

The only thing it brought was a fantastic afternoon making an animal XI. The link was absolutely garbage.

The only thing it brought was a fantastic afternoon making an animal XI.

:omg:

The link was absolutely garbage.

OK, what do you disagree with...

Areas to Strengthen:

Honestly? There’s an argument to be made that everywhere needs it. Save for Joe Lewis, Scott McKenna and Graeme Shinnie, there really isn’t another area of the pitch where you would say the Dons couldn’t improve upon what they have there now. The problem the club have isn’t knowing where to improve, it’s Derek McInnes getting his recruitment right - an altogether more dubious prospect.

Suggested players:

Last season’s look at this also came with the note that the club had admitted they were looking at non-UK markets and looking to exploit those where possible which they then didn’t do one single bit. Aberdeen don’t just need a change in how they recruit, they need to actually get it right and a more expansive recruitment policy is key to doing that. That’s both my opinion and, I would argue, fact and, while such criticism is of course stinging, the end of the 2016-17 season was the last hurrah of Derek McInnes’ original generation of players and the sticking plaster than was applied last summer needs to be ripped off and the problems the side have treated properly. When I watch football from the continent and see far smaller clubs than Aberdeen be far more ambitious and, dare I say, diligent in leaving no stone unturned in their recruitment (and reaping the rewards), it really shows that the Dons can do better by being less myopic.

Problems one and two are both defensive - Firstly, Andy Considine is a trier and a rightly respected pro, but he’s not a left back and he’s definitely not a left back at the level the club need. This was known last summer and not fixed. Secondly, while Kari Arnason has played well, he is starting to get on and that has, on occasion (such as the Cup Semi vs Motherwell), been exploited ruthlessly. This was known last summer and not properly sorted out (although helped by the emergence of Scott McKenna). Some may also argue that Shay Logan is starting a decline also but that’s likely next summer’s problem, not this.

He's more or less just stating the obvious, whilst pulling some football manager signings out of his arse.

What particularly irks me is the "Aberdeen said last year they'd scout all these foreign countries and then didn't", when the only cunt who even said that to begin with was him a year ago. It's quite obvious that the club have zero intention of scouting anywhere that isn't the UK.

So aye in summary I'd say it's a completely garbage article.

OK, what do you disagree with...

Areas to Strengthen:

Honestly? Theres an argument to be made that everywhere needs it. Save for Joe Lewis, Scott McKenna and Graeme Shinnie, there really isnt another area of the pitch where you would say the Dons couldnt improve upon what they have there now. The problem the club have isnt knowing where to improve, its Derek McInnes getting his recruitment right - an altogether more dubious prospect.

Suggested players:

Last seasons look at this also came with the note that the club had admitted they were looking at non-UK markets and looking to exploit those where possible which they then didnt do one single bit. Aberdeen dont just need a change in how they recruit, they need to actually get it right and a more expansive recruitment policy is key to doing that. Thats both my opinion and, I would argue, fact and, while such criticism is of course stinging, the end of the 2016-17 season was the last hurrah of Derek McInnes original generation of players and the sticking plaster than was applied last summer needs to be ripped off and the problems the side have treated properly. When I watch football from the continent and see far smaller clubs than Aberdeen be far more ambitious and, dare I say, diligent in leaving no stone unturned in their recruitment (and reaping the rewards), it really shows that the Dons can do better by being less myopic.

Problems one and two are both defensive - Firstly, Andy Considine is a trier and a rightly respected pro, but hes not a left back and hes definitely not a left back at the level the club need. This was known last summer and not fixed. Secondly, while Kari Arnason has played well, he is starting to get on and that has, on occasion (such as the Cup Semi vs Motherwell), been exploited ruthlessly. This was known last summer and not properly sorted out (although helped by the emergence of Scott McKenna). Some may also argue that Shay Logan is starting a decline also but thats likely next summers problem, not this.

I disagree with Cobras at full back.

Makes no sense because they don't have legs to tackle or cross the ball.

I believe they are also the most positionally unaware of all the snakes.

• Upvote 1