What Do We Need To Sign This Summer?

Some one who can be at home at left back but also capable of filling in at right

Some one with the directness of GMS, the reliability of a 2nd half of the season Mclean and the brain of Stewart than has the consistency of Lewis

a bit of pace

A replacement for Jack

someone who can feed May - hopefully next season May can kick on and is similar to Hayes in his time here i.e. dire in his first season but then settles

Some one who can be at home at left back but also capable of filling in at right

Some one with the directness of GMS, the reliability of a 2nd half of the season Mclean and the brain of Stewart than has the consistency of Lewis

a bit of pace

A replacement for Jack

someone who can feed May - hopefully next season May can kick on and is similar to Hayes in his time here i.e. dire in his first season but then settles

Consistency of Lewis? Joe Lewis? A keeper who's been highly inconsistent this season...

I thought Fraser was away before Hayes came in?

Been doing a bit of follow up (just to check I didn't have early on set dementia

Hayes arrived at start of 2012 season Fraser got a start in September of 2012 by October of 2012 Hayes was on the bench - replacing Fraser around the middle of the 2nd half

one of a few games but

http://www.skysports.com/football/dundee-u-vs-aberdeen/teams/261996

not long after his arrival he was replaced (due to injury) by an untested Ryan Fraser and was then unable to remove him from the starting 11 until frasers own injury and lost wallet

No doubt he (and Mcginn) hit a bit of a partnership for goals but when he arrived he wasn't good enough to start with and took time to settle - Hopefully Stevie May will be similar

I think we will be after a LB, 2 CMs & probably another striker. Can see Rogers signing on as back up if he gets a good enough deal. Assuming Dylan McGeouch is another target and possibly Tony Watt as a striker. So that leaves a CM and LB which will likely be loans or signings that nobody will know until theyre signed. Probably try keep on Stewart to bulk the squad up.

Can see Milne and DM pulling a big name out the hat again....pun unintended

weve certainly got a fair wedge of wages exiting the club (not accounting for aberDna) and no real need to be replacing them like for like.

McLean, Arnason and Maynard will all be on very decent wages. The other odds and sods will tot up too.

• Upvote 1

weve certainly got a fair wedge of wages exiting the club (not accounting for aberDna) and no real need to be replacing them like for like.

McLean, Arnason and Maynard will all be on very decent wages. The other odds and sods will tot up too.

Did McLean ever sign an extension or improved deal with us? I can’t imagine him being on that great a wage as we only signed him from a shite St Mirren team as a youngster.

Did McLean ever sign an extension or improved deal with us? I cant imagine him being on that great a wage as we only signed him from a shite St Mirren team as a youngster.

He was highly sought after when we signed him and we paid a fee for the first time in years. Hell have been on a decent wedge.

I would be astonished if any of our summer signings arent from the lower English leagues or EPL youngsters on loan.

so you'll be astonished if we sign a player from another SPFL club?

I'd certainly assume we'll try for McGeouch, Ali Crawford, Kenny Miller on free transfers.

I'd certainly assume we try to sign Ryan Christie

I'd certainly assume we try to loan Ryan Christie or Jonny Hayes

I'd not be surprised if the likes of Michael O'Halloren, Murray Davidson or even Steven Naismith are under consideration

• Upvote 1