Scotland Vs Kazakhstan & San Marino

The whole team were pish but Shinnie made some high profile mistakes that led directly to goals and he knows himself how bad it was, he seems to realise that it will be hard to come back at international level after that.

What a load of fucking shite.

He made a couple of errors. He is being used as a scapegoat here.

Scotland have had players who have got away with far greater levels of shit for decades.

What a load of fucking shite.

He made a couple of errors. He is being used as a scapegoat here.

Scotland have had players who have got away with far greater share levels of shit for decades.

High profile errors which led to goals against. He knows himself he had a nightmare, read his interview in the paper.

But yes, he'll conveniently take the focus off many others who also played shite

What would a full strength Scotland team actually look like? We must have a better and more commanding keeper than Bain? Surely Big Joe could muster up a Scottish granny somewhere?

Marshall

Tierney Mulgrew McKenna Robertson

McTominay McGregor

Forrest Armstrong Fraser

Burke

Is that about our strongest team?

What would a full strength Scotland team actually look like? We must have a better and more commanding keeper than Bain? Surely Big Joe could muster up a Scottish granny somewhere?

Marshall

Tierney Mulgrew McKenna Robertson

McTominay McGregor

Forrest Armstrong Fraser

Burke

Is that about our strongest team?

Burke. Jesus wept.

Burke. Jesus wept.

Who else would you play up front then? McBurnie? McNulty? Griffiths is a candidate but he's currently out of the game with mental health problems has been since last year so you can't really count him at the minute. Who else have we got as a striker? I can't think of many. Steven Fletcher? Naismith? Hardly an inspiring list is it?

Who else would you play up front then? McBurnie? McNulty? Griffiths is a candidate but he's currently out of the game with mental health problems has been since last year so you can't really count him at the minute. Who else have we got as a striker? I can't think of many. Steven Fletcher? Naismith? Hardly an inspiring list is it?

Jesus wasn't weeping at your selection. More so, the lack of options.

I do enjoy your very long response. You should go into journalism.

Jesus wasn't weeping at your selection. More so, the lack of options.

I do enjoy your very long response. You should go into journalism.

Burke is probably the best option we have at the minute and he's not even a natural striker.

Think I'll pass on any potential career in journalism and just continue to talk shit on here instead.

It goes deeper than the National side though,our who game and league structure,and at grassroots level is in a mess..

Christ how long ago was it that we produced players that graced the top sides doon sooth?

There used to be at least 2 or 3 jocks in every one of their sides.

You realise that was before English clubs had ridiculous amounts of money to spend on very expensive foreign imports? But yes, your point about the game being shite is pretty much true. The thing that rankles is that our younger age groups always do well against other countries until we hit senior level, how do we get that progression?

You realise that was before English clubs had ridiculous amounts of money to spend on very expensive foreign imports? But yes, your point about the game being shite is pretty much true. The thing that rankles is that our younger age groups always do well against other countries until we hit senior level, how do we get that progression?

We obviously haven't got the right coaches to take them to next level.

Robertson improved immensely when he went doon south to Hull,hence Liverpool signed him...Something desperately wrong somewhere.

It goes deeper than the National side though,our who game and league structure,and at grassroots level is in a mess..

Christ how long ago was it that we produced players that graced the top sides doon sooth?

There used to be at least 2 or 3 jocks in every one of their sides.

It's quite plausible that this is why our national team were good, because there were opportunities down south whereas now they are few and far between. The English team is full of young players who have graduated through EPL teams surrounded by tip quality international players coaches by top quality international coaches. Best way forward for Scotland is to encourage more talented youth down south or abroad.

The thing that rankles is that our younger age groups always do well against other countries until we hit senior level, how do we get that progression?

Not now they don't. They used to but now they're almost as useless as the big team. With every generation that goes by we seem to be getting further away from the top end of the game. Even physically we seem to be regressing. That team we had out looked outgunned in stature before we even get to our technical deficiencies.

I helped out coaching with kids football 6-9 year olds. The coaching is a complete load of pish.

Warm ups and warm downs, showing tactics on iPads. Wise the fuck up.

Just chuck a ball in and let the kids enjoy themselves. The best ones will always shine. No coincidence that all the best players come from countries where they play football all day in the street.

I helped out coaching with kids football 6-9 year olds. The coaching is a complete load of pish.

Warm ups and warm downs, showing tactics on iPads. Wise the fuck up.

Just chuck a ball in and let the kids enjoy themselves. The best ones will always shine. No coincidence that all the best players come from countries where they play football all day in the street.

Jumpers for goalposts

I remember reading something about coaching in Scotland. I'm probably getting the details wrong but the general gist was we've got far less qualified coaches per capita of most footballing nations and the cost of becoming a qualified coach is much more expensive as well.

I'll add to that by saying the sfa coaching 'courses' designed for the early years - 11 - 13s is completely fucking hopeless. Taught by inepts and you turn up and get a badge. Usually the expense at that level is not an issue though as your club will most likely pay.

It's funny though because when the kids are coming through they often compete very well with other nations at levels all the way up to 19s/21s. By that level though, they haven't been learning anything more about the game itself for some time, it's all about getting results. Fair play to these coaches, they certainly do compete and get decent results as the youths are taught how to fit into the Scottish mens game. We tend to out-fight the opposition at youth level. Still light years behind technically and tactically. I believe that the coaching at youth level up, in Scotland, is of the worst in the world.

Other similar nations will simply plod on, playing the right way throughout, in the knowledge that their way is ultimately better.

Oh,but Largs is great though...Aye for a fucking jolly.

I don't think the authorities in Scotland take the game particularly seriously. There seems to be an arrogance at the top of the game that Scotland doesn't need to change with the times or learn any fancy foreign shite from 'lesser' countries. 

The SFA is a jobs for the boys organisation, and unfortunately 'the boys' are all either old cunts or inept cunts.

If you don't have a healthy grassroots and pro club set up then you're fucked.  Scotland has been, and will remain, structured to benefit a couple of clubs to the detriment of the entire game.

That's not going to change. 

• Upvote 3

& for me it comes down to off pitch aswell, we need to not just educate young players in nutrition but there parents aswell which isna gonna be easy in this country

cant expect to produce world class players with the diet a lot of kids get fed nowadays

I believe our club takes this quite seriously and give the kids education in nutrition and give them and their family a dietary regime to follow, but someone like Ollie will be able to comment on that better than me.

These are secondary issues to the SFA though. We're talking about an organization so incompetent, it doesn't even realize how incompetent it is.

Well tomorrow our national team play away against the worst (officially) team in the world. Very interesting. Anything less than 0-5 would be a poor result imo.

Probably will win and then Mcleish will get a big slap on the back from the sfa just as he did when we scraped through against the nobodies in the nations league. If we don't win. Mcleish will get the sack...surely.

Well tomorrow our national team play away against the worst (officially) team in the world. Very interesting. Anything less than 0-5 would be a poor result imo.

Probably will win and then Mcleish will get a big slap on the back from the sfa just as he did when we scraped through against the nobodies in the nations league. If we don't win. Mcleish will get the sack...surely.

Should be sacked regardless. An utterly hopeless appointment made purely out of fear of being rejected again by any half decent candidate.

• Upvote 1

Gibraltar surely worse, disna make it any better tho