Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

4 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Where in Krabi? Ao Nang was a brilliant little place back in the day. By all accounts is still good.

Yeah Ao Nang. There's better beaches and places to stay but its hit or miss what's open at the moment so presuming Ao Nang, being the most popular area there, will be the liveliest. 

11 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Tenerife. Not booked digs yet.

Canna beat a bit of Winter sun-if you can go.

9 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

What kind of amp YD? Got myself a wee Fender bass amp recently and an Orange practice amp at the weekend. Both under £100 each and both sounding lovely.

I’m sad to say I’ve sold my soul and gone for one of those amps that come with an app that you can add sounds and a backing track woth etc.A mate of mine bought one and raves about it.Spark it’s called.It might be a bit gimmicky, but the reviews are terrific.

Been thinking about getting a bass and learning.Any recommendation on a good starter bass?

16 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I know the amp you mean . Looks good. No idea about bass recommendations. Get the best instrument you can afford is the usual advice.

Mrs wasn't happy about the loudness of the Fender bass amp at all the other day. ?

Glass her, obviously after she’s made your tea.You don’t want blood in it.

I could get a nice one, but don’t want to splash out decent cash for something that’ll just sit there after a few weeks.

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Do you play chess?

Did when I was younger (Grandfather taught me) but not played for years - never been part of a Chess club or played at any level like.  However after watching the Queens Gambit, Mrs FFS has expressed and interest to learn which could result in some renewed household rivalry.

Do you play Chess?

19 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Did when I was younger (Grandfather taught me) but not played for years - never been part of a Chess club or played at any level like.  However after watching the Queens Gambit, Mrs FFS has expressed and interest to learn which could result in some renewed household rivalry.

Do you play Chess?

I do. Online. Chess.com

Decent bot games.