Aberdeen V Ross County (1 - 0)

Injured: Considine & Robertson

Reynolds to the starting line up and we must return to the formation that has served us well this season.

Langfield

Jack Hector Anderson Reynolds

Flood Pawlett Robson

Hayes Vernon McGinn

subs: Weaver, Shaughnesey, Low, Smith, Magennis, Zola, Wylde

Prediction: must win, 2-0 Vernon and Robson

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goalkeeper and Striker. We haven't had competence, let alone quality since fuck knows when in these positions. Lee Miller scraped competent but no way was he quality. The only reason Vernon has been getting a run is that Zola is so shite, something immediately apparent with the first five minutes of his debut. Yet our manager thought he was worth a punt on, wasting valuable wages week in, week out. How the fuck he can go public with need a defender and ignore the obvious beats me. He obviously kens fuck all about goalkeeping on one hand or is a politician, cowardly hiding behind Leighton, another waste of a wage that McInnes should have emptied months ago.

Find a way of accommodating Hayes, Pawlett and Wylde (Hayes on the right, presumably) and play McGinn through the middle as the main forward. Keep the same basic 4-2-3-1 shape that has served us well this season and please don't repeat the attempted 3-4-3 which we started with yesterday, not even in jest.

We need to play at a much a higher tempo, and we look a much better side when we keep the ball on the deck. Verno can come on as a substitute if it's all gone to shit and we need to hoof the thing up the park in the last 20 minutes.

County are due a win, I think they will just edge it against us, County win 1-0, we are too inconsistent, we have been riding our luck a bit lately..! I still think we can finish 4th this season tho xx

I'm still trying to figure out which team you support (huns, Arabs, or ICT)

My first guess would be that you are a glory hunting pikey jute mink that had started the account last time you thought your team were going to do quite well but have only now resurfaced because your side is playing some more exciting stuff & are hoping to come on & gloat after the new year game :itch-chin:

Time will tell but one thing is clear. You are not a lassie & you are just a troll & a wum. You could also be another regular poster on here with a second account but whichever you are you are fooling nobody by pretending to be serious.

Show us yer tits! but be sure & wax before you take the photo (especially around the big fat beer gut area)

Whilst its a worry we seem to slip up against teams that sit in and defend at all costs, I don't see this as being a problem against County, who aren't a sit in and defend type of team (which points to why they've had such a shit run - they refuse to accept these tactics as an option). When we lost to them up in Dingwall, the team at that time was minus a lot of experience, and the game turned on its head when Flood came on; he ran the show in the short time he had, and we arguably should have scored in that period.

On the subject of Flood; can't help but feel having both him and Robson on the pitch takes away from each other...they both want the job of dictating the play - if its one or the other playing there's a clearly defined role for them. Good examples of this was Motherwell second game of the season, where Willo was fucking immense; likewise Partick in the cup for Robson. Neither has played as well as they did on those games whilst both starting.

Whilst its a worry we seem to slip up against teams that sit in and defend at all costs, I don't see this as being a problem against County, who aren't a sit in and defend type of team (which points to why they've had such a shit run - they refuse to accept these tactics as an option). When we lost to them up in Dingwall, the team at that time was minus a lot of experience, and the game turned on its head when Flood came on; he ran the show in the short time he had, and we arguably should have scored in that period.

On the subject of Flood; can't help but feel having both him and Robson on the pitch takes away from each other...they both want the job of dictating the play - if its one or the other playing there's a clearly defined role for them. Good examples of this was Motherwell second game of the season, where Willo was fucking immense; likewise Partick in the cup for Robson. Neither has played as well as they did on those games whilst both starting.

If Adams is any kind of manager he will have watched how Well played us & realise that they will have to do more or less the same.

They have by far the lesser quality & will know that the only way to get something is to do the same & park the bus (stifle play) & hit on the counter.

Partick haven't learned this yet & are still trying to play football but knew they had to try the more conservative approach in the cup.

County will sit in for sure unless we get an early goal & they have to open up.

Clangers

Murray Shaughnessy Hector Reynolds

Flood Robson

Hayes Pawlett McGinn

Zola

It's a horrible situation to be in with the defence and the striker. I don't like Hector Shaughnessy and Murray all young and no one to break it up but I can't see anyone to go in. Vern didn't do anything and can have brilliant or totally dismal games, Zola, you know what you get; slow, can't head, maybe lazy but he's consistent.

I'd either start Mcginn as striker with Wylde playing or Magennis up front to add some pace rather than zola and vernon playing right into countys hands

Magennis for me is the worst of them all. If he isn't in the game then he will not have any impact at all. Throws the toys out of the pram and it's like playing with 10 men.

Weaver/Rogers (recall and play!!!)

Shaughnessy Anderson Reynolds Wylde

Jack Flood

Pawlett Smith Hayes

McGinn

Doubt this will be a classic but I can see us winning and having the majority of the ball so Wylde left back and bombing forward in this game wouldn't be the end of the world - although we must have a young left back other than Robertson so he'd be my other option there. Would also be tempted to put Vernon up top with McGinn in place of Hayes but think McGinn is at his best in that central position. Oh and I can't bring myself to put Langfield in any team; Weaver and Rogers may be rubbish (Weaver was at Tynecastle) given a run of games but Langfield definitely is rubbish so we learn nothing by playing him.