Celtic v Aberdeen (5 - 2)

May as well get the match thread started in good time. Nicky Low definitely misses out but big Joe and Considine could return after missing out against St Johnstone. Don't think Anderson will be physically able to play at Celtic Park and then at Tannadice three days later.

I'd line up like this:

Langfield

Jack

Logan

Flood

Considine

Reynolds

McGinn

Robson

Rooney

Pawlett

Hayes

Jack to right back and Logan to left back with Considine and Robson coming in for Anderson and Robertson from those who started against St Johnstone.

This will be a real test for us. Would be typical Aberdeen to go and draw so many matches against supposedly lesser teams before getting a great result against a team like Celtic. Will obviously have to wait and see if that does happen to materialize but I'm sure we'll put in our best performance for a while (probably since we last played them) as we have no pressure on us to win and therefore nothing to lose in that sense. I like the idea of Jack occupying the right back role whilst Logan moves in to left back. I can see us being very well organised and hard to break down looking to hit them on the counter which could suit us for once as we seem to be the team trying to break most teams down. I would be happy with a draw. Feel we will be relying on other results going our way for the next few games as well as us putting in a performance.

Can see the following lining up on Sat:

Langfield

Logan Reynolds Anderson Considine

Flood Jack

Pawlett McGinn Hayes

Rooney

This will be a real test for us. Would be typical Aberdeen to go and draw so many matches against supposedly lesser teams before getting a great result against a team like Celtic. Will obviously have to wait and see if that does happen to materialize but I'm sure we'll put in our best performance for a while (probably since we last played them) as we have no pressure on us to win and therefore nothing to lose in that sense. I like the idea of Jack occupying the right back role whilst Logan moves in to left back. I can see us being very well organised and hard to break down looking to hit them on the counter which could suit us for once as we seem to be the team trying to break most teams down. I would be happy with a draw. Feel we will be relying on other results going our way for the next few games as well as us putting in a performance.

Can see the following lining up on Sat:

Langfield

Logan Reynolds Anderson Considine

Flood Jack

Pawlett McGinn Hayes

Rooney

Robson will be in from the start.

In a Johnny Hayes interview on RedTV, he said he didn't understand why people say that the team is running on empty and said the claims are ridiculous. We've got Graham Kirk in and all the players say they feel fit. We're definitely not running on empty.

They're fresh out of ideas then going by current matches!

Edit: Aye, what he said ^^. ;)

The malaise seems to stem from the Semi Final. I think that realising how easily St. Johnstone worked out how to counteract our tactics has led to a general loss of confidence in the team. Our game plan, such as it is, is now well out in the open and teams can be set up to make it fairly ineffective. Something radical is now needed to get over this, but it seems to be impossible, given our current resources.