Squad speculation...

Jim G in the door... Getting to grips with this squad... Already extended McCrorie, should probably do the same with Ramirez... Who else is he extending. Who do you think he's offloading ? And will someone finally sell some players (Ferguson & Ramsay for  $$$) and use the money to sign some top notch quality or young Scottish talent please... Anyway... What do you think Jim G will be doing with this motley crew ?

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You have to wonder about the great minds that looked at Connor Barron who moves the ball quicker than any of our other midfielders and decided he should be loaned out and replaced by the pedestrian Matty Longstaff on loan. 

Mind how many of the weirdo EPL fanboys on here were telling us how great Longstaff was. 

20 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

He will be on peanuts…Joe Lewis has a far more lucrative one until 2024. Thank goodness he wants away.

I agree although Mackenzie probably has enough about him that he should be able to get shifted on to a mid table Championship club without much trouble. 

Getting shot of Lewis might prove a tad more difficult though.

30 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree although Mackenzie probably has enough about him that he should be able to get shifted on to a mid table Championship club without much trouble. 

Getting shot of Lewis might prove a tad more difficult though.

Could  only see Mackenzie going to the championship if his deal was coming to an end though. cant see any decent bids for him based on what we’ve seen so far. 

Solid player though. Maybe the new Considine and will spend his career here being decent enough. Need guys like that 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Could  only see Mackenzie going to the championship if his deal was coming to an end though. cant see any decent bids for him based on what we’ve seen so far. 

Solid player though. Maybe the new Considine and will spend his career here being decent enough. Need guys like that 

I like the comparison to considine. And I hope he gets another year or joins the coaching staff.

Outside of Ramsey and Fergs who will be sold there is a lot of crap floating around on that chart.

Vinny, barron, mackenzie, and mccrorie look like the core of this group going forward. I just exclude ramsey and fergs for the obvious reasons.

But that being said if 2 million is all that is being offered for LF this summer I think he should be offerred a big extension. Take out the trash and clear space for a big contract. Then other teams will know to come correct in the future or fuk right off. Better yet goodwin and LF can focus on getting afc to group stage football. That's way better than toiling in the championship. 

9 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

Jim G in the door... Getting to grips with this squad... Already extended McCrorie, should probably do the same with Ramirez... Who else is he extending. Who do you think he's offloading ? And will someone finally sell some players (Ferguson & Ramsay for  $$$) and use the money to sign some top notch quality or young Scottish talent please... Anyway... What do you think Jim G will be doing with this motley crew ?

Keep Hayes for another year. Keep Ramirez and Watkins if have a good season 22/23. Keep Barron and Ramsay (sell if decent offers). That's it. Dump the rest (not in one go, unfortunately, I mean obviously).

2 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Not any more. Needs binned.

Disagree - he's still gives 100% and still does a lot of useful work - has never been the perfect player as some games he just can't pass but he's also been the victim of our misfiring defence. When he does go forward most of the time no one else covers and if he loses it he has to bust a gut to get back himself. He still has pretty reasonable pace and whilst he has been caught in possession - I'd take him over Montgomery every day of the week even if someone had hacked one of his legs off. I accept this is not a high bar to overcome but our left sided options are limited.  

13 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You have to wonder about the great minds that looked at Connor Barron who moves the ball quicker than any of our other midfielders and decided he should be loaned out and replaced by the pedestrian Matty Longstaff on loan. 

Especially considering Glass and Cormacks big push for "giving youngsters a chance" when what that actually meant was "we've a couple of young players who fill positions that we don't have anyone else for, so we'll start them. Then if they start to falter, replace them with youngsters from celtic". 

14 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The Scottish championship?

He's done pretty much nothing this season to merit any talk of a more lucrative gig down in england. Bang average youngster who is never a fullback or wide player. Said it before, I think he'd be more suited to being a left sided centre half because he can defend. He can't get past a fullback, Passing is pretty shite but he can defend. 

3 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

The Scottish championship?

He's done pretty much nothing this season to merit any talk of a more lucrative gig down in england. Bang average youngster who is never a fullback or wide player. Said it before, I think he'd be more suited to being a left sided centre half because he can defend. He can't get past a fullback, Passing is pretty shite but he can defend. 

Nah c'mon, he's not a bad player. Although seems to have completely disappeared since about September or was it October? Some were suggesting he was better than Ramsay at one point. Now they both look pish