Scottish Premiership Season 2015/16 - 85 Point Target

WE ARE BACK.....85 Points has to be the target this season. It is an ambitious target but one which would give any team a shout at winning their respective league championships. Aberdeen finished on 68 points in Derek McInnes first full season and 75 points last season (the highest ever points total by a non Old Firm side).

85 points obviously an average of above 2 points per game - so we need to be maintain our consistency and bring our A game against Celtic. The bulk of the extra 10 points need to come against Celtic.

No non Old Firm team have won the league since 1985 so lets not be shouting from the rooftops we are going to win the league but again break down the 85 point target into manageable chunks.

Four 'quarters' to the season being three rounds of 11 games and then the 5 post split fixtures.

How did we get on last season

First Round of 11 games: 19/33 points. 4 points behind lead

Second Round of 11 games: 28/33 points. 4 points behind lead

Third Round of 11 games: 24/33 points. 8 points behind lead

Post Split 5 - 4/15 points - Total Points 75/114 17 points behind lead

A suggested target to achieve 85 points is 25 points from each round of 11 games and then going undefeated in the post split fixtures to achieve at least 10 points. Last season it was a side target but this season it is of huge importance to be at least neutral in the head to head versus Celtic.

First 11 Matches - TARGET - 8 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses - 25 points

United (A)

Killie (H)

Hamilton (H)

Motherwell (A)

Dundee (H)

Partick (A)

Celtic (H) - MUST NOT BE DEFEATED

Hearts (A)

Caley (A)

St Johnstone (H)

County (A)

Again rather than attribute the points to individual matches lets just try and go out and win as many matches as possible and see where it takes us rather than getting too down when we 'drop' points. However you can't help look at the list and think the 8 wins is quite a realistic target for the team at the moment for these first round of games. Fingers crossed we can be ahead of the game after the first 'quarter'.

I will update this thread as we move through the season. I believe 85 points is achievable and if we can get the better of Celtic and start to truly believe that it is possible then we will do it just like 1985 - Aberdeen FC, Scottish Champions.

THIS TIME.....FUCKING COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Give it a rest.

I take it you were happy with the referees decision to not just give one blatantly incorrect corner, but TWO within the space of a few minutes which led to their winner at Pittodrie? A game which I felt shaped the way the league went. We should have defended it better, but we should never have been in a position to defend it in the first place.

HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO!

United (A) 1-0 WIN

TARGET - 7 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses - 22 points

Killie (H)

Motherwell (A)

Dundee (H)

Partick (A)

Hearts (A)

Caley (A)

St Johnstone (H)

County (A)

Hamilton (H) - TO BE RESCHEDULED

WE DO THIS, WE WIN THE LEAGUE - 10 more points than last season COYFR

United (A) 1-0 WIN

Killie (H) 2-0 WIN

TARGET - 6 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses - 19 points

Motherwell (A)

Dundee (H)

Partick (A)

Hearts (A)

Caley (A)

St Johnstone (H)

County (A)

Hamilton (H) - TO BE RESCHEDULED

Big effort required in the Motherwell game next match - won't be an easy nut to crack

Guest RosemountRed

I only realised today the Celtic game is after the international break. Bit of a shame as it would have been better sandwiched between two European ties.

That didn't seem to do us much good last season.

I can't place where this poor record at Hearts started, I do recall even under Smith when we were doing shite and hearts were top or second that we went down there and pumped them 4-0. Jess scored a wonder goal and in all honesty 8-0 would have been a fairer reflection.

I can't place where this poor record at Hearts started, I do recall even under Smith when we were doing shite and hearts were top or second that we went down there and pumped them 4-0. Jess scored a wonder goal and in all honesty 8-0 would have been a fairer reflection.

Have we not always struggled against them, even in the 80s?

You done extremly well given those results came years apart.

In fact, we had a different manager in each of them.

No we didn't.

Calderwood for the 2-1 (Pressley own goal and Clark, Snoyl's debut) and Calderwood for the 1-0 (Lovell). Then McGhee for the 3-0 (Lee Miller's last game).

I think it is maybe 13-0 for the 4 games I've been since then...

No we didn't.

Calderwood for the 2-1 (Pressley own goal and Clark, Snoyl's debut) and Calderwood for the 1-0 (Lovell). Then McGhee for the 3-0 (Lee Miller's last game).

I think it is maybe 13-0 for the 4 games I've been since then...

True enough.

I was thinking of the Wyness and Bernard game but that was 0-2. Completely forgot about the 2006 game.

My apologies.

Have we not always struggled against them, even in the 80s?

I don't think we did, certainly we beat them regularly in the 80's, even further forward in the 90's in the "never again" season we beat them 2-1 at Tynecastle with a Dodds double. I think we had a great record agianst Hearts until it all went shit sometimes in the late 90's.

We even fucked up relegating the cunts a few years ago.

I don't think we did, certainly we beat them regularly in the 80's, even further forward in the 90's in the "never again" season we beat them 2-1 at Tynecastle with a Dodds double. I think we had a great record agianst Hearts until it all went shit sometimes in the late 90's.

We even fucked up relegating the cunts a few years ago.

They gubbed us 2-0 at Tynecastle at the start of that season.