Hamilton V Aberdeen (1 - 1)

Guest the shepherd

Draw in a dodgy fixture ain`t a disaster, watched the game back last night and didn't play too great, but calls for mcinnes`s head now are a bit too soon, must be given to end of season at least.

The dark days of not so long ago are behind us, and we have mcinnes and his coaching/medical staff to thank for a lot of that.

.....and Craig Brown. If it wasn't for him we may be speaking about drawing with the likes of Arbroath just now, never mind Hamilton.

Guest the shepherd

I keep forgetting Parker still plays for us. Him and the guy from Liverpool aren't really "signings" so slating McInnes for trying them out, which probably costs us fuck all, is a bit pointless. These kind of loan deals either work or they don't, and in these two cases it hasn't, where as Ward and Logan it did.

Aye true what you are saying but we would rather have quality loan signings instead of quantity loan signings. Pointless taking in loan signings if they have not got the ability to challenge for a regular first team place. That is surely what scouting is for to see if they have the desired ability compared with existing personnel prior to making the signing.

We need an old man - not too old, that he cant run or last the pace; but old and wise.

Whos available?

Lets see....Jim Goodwin? Sort those fucking pricks right out; move your arse Taylor - you borderline homosexual. Keith Lasley? Start fucking breaking legs - this is how its done Ryan you fucking wee bum fluff. Kevin McNaughton? See you later then Shay - we'll replace you with a wily old grey haired cunt who loves us.

We need an old man - not too old, that he cant run or last the pace; but old and wise.

Whos available?

Lets see....Jim Goodwin? Sort those fucking pricks right out; move your arse Taylor - you borderline homosexual. Keith Lasley? Start fucking breaking legs - this is how its done Ryan you fucking wee bum fluff. Kevin McNaughton? See you later then Shay - we'll replace you with a wily old grey haired cunt who loves us.

Goodwin?! Lasley !? I told you not to have that second bottle of buckie, lukas

Alls im saying is, is that we need a good solid crazy cunt in our ranks - someone who, if they made it into the paper for smashing someones face in for saying hello to him in the wrong way, we'd all be, 'ha ha haaa- good ol' (enter crazy cunts name here)'.

Goodwillie allegedly raping someone who wasnt conscious isnt tough guy stuff - either is considine dressed a a lassie in a pop video.

Lasley, goodwin and come to mention it cuntlips at kilmarnock are all pish granted - but they may well at some stage of life, eat human flesh. Thats what the dons need - a flesheater.

I think the examples LookeLookey mannie here gives are pishflaps, but I do think The Dons need some steel in midfield. A Neil Simpson / Neale Cooper / Lee RIchardson / Peter Nicholas type signing would galvanise the team and take them a big step forward. Lasley and Goodwin can stay where the fuck they are.

Wonder if Andoni Goikoetxea is still available or even alive, he is the kind of creature we need

Lee Richardson was a decent player though, banding about names like Lasley or Goodwin is fucking laughable IMO.

+1.

Goodwin and Lasley have little football ability and pride themselves on throwing themselves into dangerous tackles. There is no skill, poise or ability there.

We really need footballers not thugs. Looks at Sunday, we were crying out for someone in the midfield to put their foot on the ball and pull the strings. McInnes fucked up by not playing Shinnie there with Jack injured. I don't care if people say he's a left back, who cares, he's just as good if not better in midfield, Considine can play left back. It was obvious after about 5 minutes even though we were 1-0 up what the pattern of the game was going to be (by this point Hamilton had already had around 3 efforts on goal).

Sunday's performance on the manager for me. We need to play smarter in the dugout too Derek...

Didn't manage to see all the game but from what I did see it was clear the defence missed having Jack in front of them

He may not excite but he is a steady presence.

Off to bed. I'll attack that in the morning.

Pish though.

Said it in the immediate aftermath of the game that it was one of those games where you see the relevance of Jack in the team

We missed that simple outball and ended up with Taylor especially playing silly balls out of defence

Also I have to say we never had anyone step up to the Captain role

Jack hasn't been playing well recently - but we definitely missed him in what was a very ineffective midfield and a defence that was lost without someone offering themselves for a simple ball

I don't think you can have a midfield terrier anymore. The old-fashioned clatterers you're talking about would be booked in the first half for several fouls or one big "take for the team" one and therefore less effective in defence for the second, as they tried to avoid another booking in a game where players on a card often get targeted by the opposition to draw a foul.

Different game now. See also: Morgan Schneiderlin, Bentaleb, Bitton, Djoum. Players of this generation who do a similar role.

What Jack does is screen the back four, mop up loose balls and distribute to start an attack. Modern central midfielder. Move on.

Said it in the immediate aftermath of the game that it was one of those games where you see the relevance of Jack in the team

We missed that simple outball sideways pass and ended up with Taylor especially playing silly balls out of defence

Jack hasn't been playing well recently - but we definitely missed him in what was a very ineffective midfield and a defence that was lost without someone offering themselves for a simple ball

Fixed that for you

We missed that simple outball and ended up with Taylor especially playing silly balls out of defence

I agree with this. He's effective in keeping possesion and drops deep to receive the ball. He's a tidy and skillful player so more often than not he receives the ball can evade any tackles and play the ball to a more creative player. The negatives to his game is that he's not a ball winner as such as he can slow the tempo down when you want a quick transition to attack.

Anyways my shout for the transfer window in January is Abdul Osman at Thistle. Add a bit of bite to midfield and he's pretty good on the ball. (Aware I may take absolute pelters for this)

Just jesting Bamber and agree with your reply.

I think my problem with Jack has been captured by DodgyKeeper although his nomination of Abdul Osman is interesting. I personally though Nicky Low was a kid who should have still been here as he had a wee bit of everything and was certainly not shy of giving the ball a skelp when in a decent shooting position.

I agree with this. He's effective in keeping possesion and drops deep to receive the ball. He's a tidy and skillful player so more often than not he receives the ball can evade any tackles and play the ball to a more creative player. The negatives to his game is that he's not a ball winner as such as he can slow the tempo down when you want a quick transition to attack.

Anyways my shout for the transfer window in January is Abdul Osman at Thistle. Add a bit of bite to midfield and he's pretty good on the ball. (Aware I may take absolute pelters for this)

Just jesting Bamber and agree with your reply.

I think my problem with Jack has been captured by DodgyKeeper although his nomination of Abdul Osman is interesting. I personally though Nicky Low was a kid who should have still been here as he had a wee bit of everything and was certainly not shy of giving the ball a skelp when in a decent shooting position.

Every time I've seen Osman, I've been impressed. This dates back to his time with Gretna. Strong player and quite tidy on the ball. Quite aware that there will be others who are a wee bit more equipped to shed some light on his ability, however, as I can't claim to have seen him too frequently.

I was in favour of keeping Low for the reasons outlined but in hindsight it seems like we made the right call. He's had the same injury problems at Dundee as far as i'm aware.

The dilemma for me was that we released Hayes down the wing against Dillon time and time again against Utd particularly in the second half. When you have a player like Hayes it obviously makes sense to do this. Crucially, in my memory at least, I don't recall Jack ever making the pass, albeit I take the point that he maybe set up the initial move by taking the ball from the otherwise panicky defence and passing it, usually sideways, to Flood or Shinnie.

Jack wasn't there to make the initial pass against Hamilton, Flood looked like bambi on ice on the artificial surface, ergo Hayes was never seen and we were shite!

Solution? Always said there was a work in progress with Jack. There is a player there. You just need a player that's going to complement him. A thug? No point. Ref would crucify him anyway but more importantly that McCall model: thug kicks opponent, thugs passes to creative player, creative player does something won't work with Jack. Confident pace setter he is. Creative he isn't, not yet anyway.

Shinnie seems the obvious partner at the moment with Consi back to LB. But we've to get past County probably without Jack first.