Inverness V Aberdeen (3 - 1)

I've blotted that day from my memory, I recall the hun capitulation was this not around the time Smith took over from souness?

Did we ever find out for sure if the more negative formation was Smith, resulting in the departure of Scott,

Worth remembering to less than a year later, Smith had been sacked, after sitting in 6th place the following February, so Derek remember if you lose a last day decider it won't guarantee you'll keep your job.

Worth remembering to less than a year later, Smith had been sacked, after sitting in 6th place the following February, so Derek remember if you lose a last day decider it won't guarantee you'll keep your job.

The fixture list for the following season had Rangers visiting Pittodrie on the last day of the season, so naturally we were all ready for revenge and beating them to the title in another last day showdown.

That was the good thing about Scottish football back then. The police didn't shit themselves at possible last day deciders (not a hope of us facing Celtic on the final day this year) and we actually knew the final fixtures, not hoping the SPFL play fair and don't give Celtic an advantage after the split. Wouldn't surprise me if for example Celtic get three home games with Hearts while we end up with three away against them or something.

Guest the shepherd

Remember listening to the game on the radio that day (albeit just in time to hear that fucking thug Hateley score his first) when the days of the commentary on Radio Scotland was the final 5 minutes or so of the first half and the whole of the second half. When that thug scored his second I remember my old man saying that was it all over, although there was still quite a while of the second half to go if my memory serves me correct. Unfortunately the old man was right.

The nightmares came afterwards when seeing the highlights on TV, bad enough Hateley carried out GBH on Michael Watt in the first minute and getting away with it, but the misses of Peter Van De Ven and Hans Gillhaus still give me the heebie-jeebies. Fair enough Alex Smith set us up more defensively than normal that fateful day but we still had chances before they scored their first to make life far easier and create our own destiny.

Remember listening to the game on the radio that day (albeit just in time to hear that fucking thug Hateley score his first) when the days of the commentary on Radio Scotland was the final 5 minutes or so of the first half and the whole of the second half. When that thug scored his second I remember my old man saying that was it all over, although there was still quite a while of the second half to go if my memory serves me correct. Unfortunately the old man was right.

The nightmares came afterwards when seeing the highlights on TV, bad enough Hateley carried out GBH on Michael Watt in the first minute and getting away with it, but the misses of Peter Van De Ven and Hans Gillhaus still give me the heebie-jeebies. Fair enough Alex Smith set us up more defensively than normal that fateful day but we still had chances before they scored their first to make life far easier and create our own destiny.

The full game is on youtube for anyone brave enough to sit through it. I remember watching it and couldn't believe the chances we had that day (nobody ever told me about them)

I was in the West Enclosure that day, in among the most rabid cesspit of hunnery imaginable.

£4 for the ticket.

Truly awful experience. :suicide:

Dear Christ that must have been terrible! That part of Ibrox in the bad old days was like the Shankhill Road squared. I'd have needed counselling after that. Bad enough being in the wrong bit of the Broomloan...

Worst thing about the van de Ven one-on-one miss, if you watch it again, is that all he had to do was square the ball to Gillhaus who would have had a tap-in. FFS. Still not over it.

Guest the shepherd

The full game is on youtube for anyone brave enough to sit through it. I remember watching it and couldn't believe the chances we had that day (nobody ever told me about them)

I am nae brave enough to watch it again. Will probably hae to book masel into Cornhill if I do.

The fixture list for the following season had Rangers visiting Pittodrie on the last day of the season, so naturally we were all ready for revenge and beating them to the title in another last day showdown.

That was the good thing about Scottish football back then. The police didn't shit themselves at possible last day deciders (not a hope of us facing Celtic on the final day this year) and we actually knew the final fixtures, not hoping the SPFL play fair and don't give Celtic an advantage after the split. Wouldn't surprise me if for example Celtic get three home games with Hearts while we end up with three away against them or something.

I reckon we'll get the traditional Top 6 midweek fixture as our away trip to Parkhead.

If it is the last game of the season, it would be a 1230pm kick off, given that the EPL's last game of the season are the same day are 3pm kick offs.

Odds are that we'll be Wednesday 11th May at Parkhead (2nd last game of the season).

11th May? So basically 25 years to the day THAT Ibrox fixture happened (and also 2 years to the day the Motherwell result happened) we could win the league at Parkhead?

So the script is written. A chance to put right previous wrongs on that date of all dates, which also just happens to be the anniversary of Gothenburg.

Plus, our midweek record at Parkhead is pretty good. Think we've won the last 3.

Not really. Not saying Aberdeen will be bad. Just that Collum cannot be trusted & his record proves this.

When he is ref are you confident in his abilities to get through a game without fkn up?

I'm not really interested in the ref at all. All I'm interested in is the Dons getting forward and being all over Caley and scoring a few goals in an impressive performance.

I'm not really interested in the ref at all. All I'm interested in is the Dons getting forward and being all over Caley and scoring a few goals in an impressive performance.

So you never worry when Gollum or McLean are going to be in charge of our games?

Refs are a very big part of the games you know. They can have a very big influence on the type of game you wish for.

Life's too short to spend your week worrying about who the referee of the next Dons game is. Awa an get yersel a gummer, loon.

Away & quote yourself claiming to ken shit sad sack.

I worry every time I see Gollum, or McLean in charge of a game Easily the worst two refs in Scotland & Gollum being worst yet "claimed" to be the best the Country has to offer. See how McLean does tomorrow, if he gets through a game without being a dodgey cunt.

So you never worry when Gollum or McLean are going to be in charge of our games?

Refs are a very big part of the games you know. They can have a very big influence on the type of game you wish for.

I personally , do not give a flying fuck who is the ref. Every ref makes mistakes and whichever ref it is could be as bad for Caley as he is for us.

Up to the players to put in a great performance and hopefully get a few goals. - That's all you can do.

It's all to play for .