Miles Storey

What's the deal with the transfer windows/contracts and our European game? Does the window open 1st July? Do most contracts run until 30th June?

From WIki

Transfer window in Scotland open on 9 June, Transfer window in England opens 1 JUly

"Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same association can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played. However, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June. International transfers cannot be made until the window has opened on 1 July."

I assume international transfers is "transfers in"

Also from UEFA Europa rules

List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:

a. 20 June 2016 (24.00CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;

b. 8 July 2016 (24.00CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;

c. 22 July 2016 (24.00CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;

d. 8 August 2016 (24.00CET) for all matches in the play-offs;

e. 1 September 2016 (24.00CET) for all further matches from the first match in

the group stage up to and including the final

So any player MUST be an Aberdeen player on 20 June to be eligible for the first round and 8 July for the 2nd

So at the moment we are potentially short of Hayes Mcginn and Storey for the first Qualifying round

Is now a good time to say that I thought at one of the Caley matches (must have been boxing day?) that Storey reminded me of a certain young fast Aberdeenshire loon that was good to have about the place?

Decent signing simply because its not a type of player we have had for a while assuming we want (and can keep) Hayes out on the wing.

Better touch and a (much) more composed finisher, but yes, if you were looking to make comparisons then he is a similar type of player. Gives us something we haven't had for a while, a striker who likes to run in behind defences.

Could also be used wide which will (fingers crossed) mean an end to the absolute nonsense of sticking Rooney on the wing.

Not overly excited by his signing to be honest. Hope he's fantastic for us & we are one of these clubs that a player just fits with.

He's fast & has shown some signs of decent skills now & again but his pace is his biggest asset. Hope he isn't a Darren Mackie mark 2 in that sense though.

He is well suited to counter attacking football so hopefully this means we will push for more goals now after taking early leads..

Welcome to a great club Storey, all the best for you & us.

Would have preferred Stewart over Storey in all honesty, I think he offers more.

Pleasing to have likely pissed off Hughes with this signing though. I'm sure he'll get Mckay back now though.

Yes, but in that respect our order of preference would still be Stewart > Storey > > > > > > Mackay.

Rooney does not go to the wing because he suddenly thinks he's a winger, he does so to challenge the hopefully shorter full back for the high ball which either Hayes or, depending if he can be arsed, Mcginn can hopefully exploit. The flaw in that plan is a/ Scottish clubs insist on, and get away with, playing CH's at FB and b/ then expecting Rooney to be in the middle to receive Hayes/Mcginn's cross.

Not going to lie, I like this signing in terms of the type of player and the quick decisive way it has been done a lot.

I do like that Storey is comfortable enough taking shots on with either foot.

So on his best days he is fast, strong, a pain in the arse, pretty skillfull with good close control & two footed. ie a very good striker.

On his bad days he's still strong & fast & a pain in the arse.

Will certainly offer a lot more than DG ever did.

Were you at the freezing match vs Caley on Boxing day this year?

Storey was the very quick striker, who kept running between Considine and Quinn. His movement gave them a torrid afternoon.

Having said that, he looked poor technically and made some very poor decisions. I remember saying to my mate, that if he was better with the ball at his feet, we'd have been about 0-5 down at half time!

As mentioned on another thread, we now have options up front:

Poacher - Rooney

Target man - Stockley

Quick striker - Storey

Ah him.

Yeah i was there. :(

Why do you think we got compensation for Maguire?

Are the rules not different going the other way? or maybe that is just regarding 23/24 year olds & there being a one year difference in the compo agreements in each Country.

Did we not avoid paying the Brummies compo for Aluko somehow?

Also remember some Guff managers having a wee gripe with Motherwell about avoiding compo payments that they would have gotten had the players gone to other Guff clubs

Only if he was offered a contract extension by Swindon, I think.

If he was offered a pay rise in a reasonable and timely manner i.e. during the season then perhaps a fee will be payable.

likely we'll find a way to wriggle out hopefully.

Well they did offer him a new deal & wanted to keep him, so guess they would have been smart enough to have made the offer prior to our approach, otherwise fk them as he was free to talk to clubs from January.

PFCC hearings require each club to provide evidence to support their valuation of the player in question. In making its judgment the committee will take into account the costs of both clubs in operating a Football Academy or Centre of Excellence, as well as the age and playing record of the player, the length of time he was registered with his original club, the terms offered by both clubs, the status of the two clubs, the substantiated interest shown by other clubs in acquiring the registration of the player and any amounts paid by the original club to acquire the player in the first place.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=28647.21450

According to the Swindon fans, they would be due compo payments ranging from fk all up to £100k & they were then amazed to hear "rumour" of Caley couldn't afford to pay the £200k compo fee Aberdeen paid Swindon for his development.

I really hope we haven't spunked as much as that on him. up to £100k is just about acceptable but nae as much as £200k when we could have spent a little more than that to get Stewart.