Best Dons Managers

Recent comments and observations on Jimmy Calderwood got me thinking where he stands in the league table of Dons managers. I go back to the Tommy Pearson days so since then I would rate our managers as follows.

1. Alex Ferguson

2. Eddie Turnbull

3.Derek McInnes

4.Alex Smith

5.Jimmy Calderwood

Close run thing between Smith and Calderwood but Smith won trophies. Also Derek seriously pushing Turnbull for second.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Marvellous revisionism.

Just because he's announced he may be deed soon does not a better manager make.

To be fair to Calderwood that European run in 2008 was impressive when you look at the calibre of teams we knocked out regardless of only winning one game. Dnipro were clear favourites to beat us and from memory had seven Ukrainian internationalists in their side. To finish above the Moscow side and FC Copenhagen in the group stage was good going we were clearly perceived as being the weakest side in the group (Copenhagen had played in the CL stages the season before beating Celtic 3-1 at home). To beat them 4-0 was a tremendous result as was the 2-2 draw at home to Bayern Munich especially when you look at the quality of players they had on show that night.

It's probably the most impressive European run of a non old firm Scottish club side that I can remember for many a year. Yes it was hardly earth shattering stuff but it's still the best European run we have had in recent times.

But regardless no way would should Calderwood be mentioned as one of our top 5 managers.

Recent comments and observations on Jimmy Calderwood got me thinking where he stands in the league table of Dons managers. I go back to the Tommy Pearson days so since then I would rate our managers as follows.

1. Alex Ferguson

2. Eddie Turnbull

3.Derek McInnes

4.Alex Smith

5.Jimmy Calderwood

Close run thing between Smith and Calderwood but Smith won trophies. Also Derek seriously pushing Turnbull for second.

Willie Millers team in 92/93 would have ran up double figures against any Calderwood side.

• Upvote 1
Guest the shepherd

The king getting no respect for the time he was here was a different era in Scottish football. He saved us from the drunk highlander who was destroying our club.

Our club was dying a slow death, primarily thanks to the competitiveness in Scottish football being suffocated, long before Paterson came aboard. Alex Miller and Ebbe Skovdahl made our unforgivably a laughing stock. Mark McGhee tried his damnedest to put the final nail in the club's coffin. Thank fucking he never.

Best:

1. Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Eddie Turnbull

3. Jocky Scott/Alex Smith

4. Derek McInnes

5. Ally MacLeod

Honourable mentions: McNeil, W. Miller, Halliday,

Worst:

1. McGhee

2. A. Miller

3. Aitken

4. Paterson

5. GWT

Dishonourable mentions: Almost every cunt since Willie Miller up to Deek.

Mostly agree with this although would swap McGee with A. miller

Because alex miller was the most negative cunt I have ever seen and being from the older generation McGee was a dons legend despite what some of you younger lads think

Also not based on results i quite liked Skovdhal

Because alex miller was the most negative cunt I have ever seen and being from the older generation McGee was a dons legend despite what some of you younger lads think

It's a tough one. Miller made the worst transfer in Scottish history and played some woeful fucking football, but McGhee also broke all sorts of records with his team of charlatans. McGhee, like Strachan, also seems to actually resent the success he had with AFC as a player and so for that reason I think he's the bigger shitebag. Both a pair of absolute mutants for sure though.

It's a tough one. Miller made the worst transfer in Scottish history and played some woeful fucking football, but McGhee also broke all sorts of records with his team of charlatans. McGhee, like Strachan, also seems to actually resent the success he had with AFC as a player and so for that reason I think he's the bigger shitebag. Both a pair of absolute mutants for sure though.

Correct both utter cuntbags. How the fuck Miller managed to bag the role of assistant or coach under Benitez I'll never know