Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Partick Thistle 3 - 4 Aberdeen

I think he (GMS) is going to be our new enigma figure.

He'll either be a winger swinging in the kind of cross out of nothing that won us the game at County. That's not May's kind of game though. Or he'll be the cutting in and shooting type that we saw in the European tie in which case you probably need someone with Christie's vision to find him as Kenny Mccccccccccccccclean will be too busy looking for the square ball to Logan.

I agree I like Wright's directness but he is still green and I suspect McInnes doesn't fancy his defensive shift as much given our issues at LB.

I'd love to see that Christie GMS(or wright) May triangle in non monsoon conditions like but that's an experiment for when we're 3-0 up some day.

GMS is one of those wee cunts that needs a run of games . Also needs to put on a bit of muscle .

Gets knocked off the ball like a wee boy .

Take lessons from Stewart in that case. Boy's a rock.

Just as an aside WTF was that decision (lack of) on Saturday in front of the tunnel - was it Stewart? who was heading in to the box and the large, ahem, athletic fellow cut across him from the outside with no involvement of the ball whatsoever.

Guest RosemountRed

GMS seems to be featuring in most folks teams. Thought he offered absolutely nothing on Saturday.....

Wright or Stewart in for him and Arnason in for Reynolds only changes I'd make

Agree, Wright in for GMS.

Wright has a fairly good record v Partick if I remember correctly.

• Upvote 1

Considine, Reynolds and GMS to be dropped from yesterday

Lewis

Logan Arnason O'Connor Shinnie

McLean Tansey

Stewart Christie Wright

May

Subs: Rogers, Reynolds, GMS, Maynard, Rooney, Considine, and Stockley

Prediction: 2-0 May and Rooney

Good to see a few of you backing this line up and formation. Exactly what I came up with yesterday when trying to work out our best 11/formation. It's hard to see DM opting for that back four right now though sadly.

1. Neither have enough defensive discipline. The two times we've tried it we've been woeful.

2. See above, he's needed in midfield

Fair enough, I accept that he is our most disciplined midfielder and can see why people wouldn't want to move him. Unfortunately though now Hayes has gone he is also needed on the left flank as we are exposed there. Surely Tansey can learn to sit in more?

I think the wider question is can you trust the defence (especially the current one) with one sitting midfielder (Shinnie) or two. The flip side then is do you have one or two attacking midfielders (whether they're a second striker, a nb10 or a basic advanced midfielder) in between your 'wingers'.

The tims are especially good at this. They essentially only have one CM in Brown but they rotate them really well in the game itself.

Take lessons from Stewart in that case. Boy's a rock.Just as an aside WTF was that decision (lack of) on Saturday in front of the tunnel - was it Stewart? who was heading in to the box and the large, ahem, athletic fellow cut across him from the outside with no involvement of the ball whatsoever.

To be fair to the ref, it looked like he was going to go down when the guy came near him, it was still a definite foul, but the ref had to go with the way he saw it. The boy who shoved Super Stevie May into the wall of the South Stand should've been booked though or even red carded

Our defence seems to like to back off and give the opposition space to run at us, there's never someone who takes command and just skelps someone and break down an attack. It must be coached in not to dive in or something but it's infuriating and costs us goals

To be fair to the ref, it looked like he was going to go down when the guy came near him, it was still a definite foul, but the ref had to go with the way he saw it. The boy who shoved Super Stevie May into the wall of the South Stand should've been booked though or even red carded

Our defence seems to like to back off and give the opposition space to run at us, there's never someone who takes command and just skelps someone and break down an attack. It must be coached in not to dive in or something but it's infuriating and costs us goals

I feel exactly the same way - but asking who was in charge had me labeled an American - yet you live in America now so there may be something in that!

I used to call that the Jack factor and he was certainly more than culpable. Disappointing if it's still there.

I feel exactly the same way - but asking who was in charge had me labeled an American - yet you live in America now so there may be something in that!

Ah shite, I've been Americanised.......

Shinier is usually good at it, but it's the actual defence who don't close in on attackers......grinds my gears ;)

IN

2-0 Dons, May and Shinnie...

4 wins in 4 quality start to season

Would be a fantastic start to the season - after a really transitional summer.

Players haven't fully settled in yet and I don't think McInnes knows what his best team is yet... so once everything clicks, hopefully we have a lot to look forward to this year.

Players haven't fully settled in yet and I don't think McInnes knows what his best team is yet... so once everything clicks, hopefully we have a lot to look forward to this year.

Agree, once all settled in I think we are going to do well again this season..

12 out of 12 would be great before we have to play some of the 'so called' bigger teams.

. They need to find a left sided defender and include Wright in the team. That would be a start let's hope he finds his right team. Before they meet Celtic Rangers and hibs. Oh. And Patrick thistle.

I'd drop GMS for Stewart or wright, I've a feeling mcinnes will go with wright because of his hat trick last time round against them. I don't see arnason getting a start as mcinnes won't want to unsettle the back line.

The back line looks very unsettled every time they play together we were very lucky not to concede 4 goals against Dundee. If Arnason is fit it's time to bring him in otherwise what was the point of signing him and paying a reported £90k to release him from his contract?

• Upvote 1