If You Could Go Back In Time And Give Yourself Some Advice...

1903Fitba

I don't believe in regrets. They are damaging for the soul. Mistakes are good. It's how we learn. The hard times make the good times sweeter. Always praise yourself like you should. You've come a long way. There are winners and there are losers in life. These positions are not fixed. Desire and discipline determines the winning and losing. It can be gained or it can be lost. I give myself "advice" all the time in terms of objectives, tasks and goals. It's always good advice. The secret is to act on it. Being human, I don't always execute it all of the time. It's the journey that is great, not the destinations.

Yip, things that aren't in adequate working order are always interesting.

P.S. 'A face like a plasterer's /painter's radio' was only mildly amusing around 20 years ago. Backward sterile hillbilly

Says the serpent who was quoting Peter Kay jokes...

Hillbilly ??? I guess you've been watching Delivernace again and fantasising about squealing piggy...

No mark looser who's family left him, fucking bum

I'd go back 20 years.

A lot of things I'd do differently, but I'm happy with my life, got a loving family and good circle of friends so i can't complain.

Surely you’ve learnt something? I’m not on about specific events. More things you’ve learnt about life you feel would have been beneficial then.

Well in on the positive outlook now though.

Don't mess with the past - you can't change one thing in isolation - hasn't Back to the Future and the 11.22.63 box sets taught you anything?!?

Accept what was , live the now and don't stress too much about the future as none of us know what it holds for us...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If eh could eh would have telt my one year ago self to paint the living/dining room/ hall ceiling when eh had a chance.

Instead roughly 100m2 got three coats over the weekend and my neck is stiffer than rumpus when ordering a curry

You should have started a thread to get avice about this simple piece of DIY.

Fuck the Greeks

Pretty sure Aristotle was talking about those shallow cunts who went to excess in their pleasure seeking being incurable if they didn't have regrets about it. He was just following the eastern philosophies exploring the bigger questions but when it comes to regrets, what they are and what to do about them, the debate has already been closed.

Any idiot can do it, but it takes a special kind of idiot to leave it too late and not be able to get some lesser person to do it for him

Ouch. "Lesser" person. Not cool. Snobbery at its ugliest. If meant :)