#61 OFFLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

Would you not change jobs for a couple of grand a week more?

I'm sure he would, but a job change for more money could have some things you have to accept (I.e. Longer hours, a less relaxed corporate culture, more pressure, poorer parking etc).

These are things people consider all the time when moving jobs.

If you are a football player moving directly from Aberdeen to the Huns, then one of the negatives you have to accept is that you will be striken from the records and not welcome back.

Edited by Ernie McCracken, 02 April 2017 - 06:45 AM.

Bryce, I gotta get bigger man

#62 ONLINE   zander

zander

Hun Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,782 posts
  • Joined 20-November 07

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:49 AM

I'm sure he would, but a job change for more money could have some things you have to accept (I.e. Longer hours, a less relaxed corporate culture, more pressure, poorer parking etc).
If you are a football player moving directly from Aberdeen to the Huns, then one of the negatives you have to accept is that you will be striken from the records and not welcome back.

Couple of grand more a week will ease the pain I'm sure.

Easy to say as a fan of the club do the players feel the same I'd say no.

#63 OFFLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:55 AM

I've no idea what the players feel.

But any player moving directly to Der Hun has to accept that reality.

If they're not bothered then so be it, but they can't then turn round and act shocked and disappointed at the fans reaction, for ditching the club for one of our biggest rivals.

Edited by Ernie McCracken, 02 April 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#64 OFFLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:14 AM

Johnny Hayes does.

#65 OFFLINE   reekie_dock

reekie_dock

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,101 posts
  • Joined 08-August 13

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:32 AM

When was Theo struck from the records ?

#66 OFFLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:41 AM

When was Theo struck from the records ?

Theo was sold to huns by Aitken, who for some insane reason known only to him preferred Michael Watt.

Jack moving to huns would be much more akin to Robertson or Wright.

Edited by Ernie McCracken, 02 April 2017 - 07:44 AM.

#67 OFFLINE   fifered

fifered

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Joined 08-January 08

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:56 AM

Would you not change jobs for a couple of grand a week more?

It would depend on the job, genuinely. Would I go offshore to double my wage, nope. That's not for me so more money is not always the key.

Footballers get paid a good enough wage that if they are intelligent about what they do with their cash theyll never be hard up.

Anyway, I'm not decrying jack, mcginn or any of them going for money, it would be the choice of club and what that says about what you want out of football. Oxford or Fleetwood two clubs mentionen for them. Neither club will ever win a major trophy, or will ever play top flight football, or will ever play European football as long as either of them are there. They are no mark clubs who will achieve nothing and nobody will know who any of their players are or have been bar their own fans. Were jack for instance to cpt us for the next few seasons, win a few trophies, make the groups of the Europa league a few times, maybe get some great memories from playing and getting results against some big European teams. is that not a more fulfilling career to look back on? That's what I would look back on were I to have been a footballer.

#68 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,392 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

If Jack did move to sevco, which I doubt, then it's unforgiveable and I'd wish a career ending injury on him.

#69 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

I for one will be gutted if/when jack goes.

Would be horrible if he went to the huns. But if he goes to some no mark English team like Fleetwood?!? really would have to question his ambition as a footballer. A couple of extra grand a week to play for some pish team like that, really worth it?

If he goes to the huns then so be it. He'll never be allowed to forget it up here. I'd rather Jack went there than McInnes. And Jack wouldn't massively improve the huns. If I had to choose one of our midfield 3 to leave it would be Jack. Captain or not Shinnie and McLean are better players than him. He is a good player but I'm confident Tansey will do a good job of replacing him.

#70 OFFLINE   fifered

fifered

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Joined 08-January 08

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

If he goes to the huns then so be it. He'll never be allowed to forget it up here. I'd rather Jack went there than McInnes. And Jack wouldn't massively improve the huns. If I had to choose one of our midfield 3 to leave it would be Jack. Captain or not Shinnie and McLean are better players than him. He is a good player but I'm confident Tansey will do a good job of replacing him.

Yeah I agree with that. Mclean and Shinnie and better. They are a good three though.

Hopefully Tansey steps in no bother next season and then really it's only mcginn needing replaced.

#71 OFFLINE   Dave Bus

Dave Bus

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 17-April 15

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

Fleetwood and Oxford can't afford bigger wages than ourselves, so they are off the cards.

#72 OFFLINE   OddJob

OddJob

Goldfinger's main man

• Moderators
  • 9,996 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

Fleetwood and Oxford can't afford bigger wages than ourselves, so they are off the cards.

How do you know that though? Thought Fleetwood were bankrolled by a millionaire?

#73 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Theo was sold to huns by Aitken, who for some insane reason known only to him preferred Michael Watt.
Jack moving to huns would be much more akin to Robertson or Wright.

Jack is nothing like Robertson or Wright going to them because they were a fkn whole lot better & very hard to replace & players you didn't want going to rivals as they were very dangerous players. Jack is a lot more replaceable than either of them.
McGinn going to hearts would be even worse than Jack going to Sevco, as he would be harder to replace & cause us a lot more problems when playing them.

Other than the pure hatred of Sevco, Jack going to them is not that big a deal from a footballing sense.

Put it this way. Just as an example (&ignoring the sevco links) if you had to choose one player between Jack, McGinn, or Taylor going to Hearts, Hibs etc. then MOST would likely choose Taylor, Jack, then McGinn to go to them in that order of preference.

Emphasis on MOST

Ding Dong

#74 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Agreed. Hadn't read this before I posted above

Ding Dong

#75 OFFLINE   ollie1903

ollie1903

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,559 posts
  • Joined 24-May 09

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

all he is doing by hanging back is showing, as he does on the pitch, that its all about him

:laughing:

You do make me laugh.....sometimes

#76 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,999 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

I don't think Jack or Taylor are good enough for the English Chsmpionship

The oracle of all things English lower league has spoken

#77 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:37 AM

I don't think Jack or Taylor are good enough for the English Chsmpionship

Jack is too good for the kick and rush pish they play down there. 

#78 OFFLINE   tup

tup

A man of violence

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 20-January 11

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

Aye only the huns will suffice I reckon.
AFC Chat's Best Poster

#79 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,532 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:50 PM

Any player going to the huns needs their head read really.

Or at least get the contact double checked!

They could run out of cash at any moment with all the shite happening their.

#80 OFFLINE   G31DON

G31DON

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Joined 02-February 14

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:08 PM

Can't remember which player it was, but one cited another thing to consider for a player heading to England is the much greater distances traveling to and from matches. For the guy the extra £500 a week wasn't worth how much time he was away from home, missing kids etc. especially after tax

#81 OFFLINE   The Hawk

The Hawk

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 20-July 16

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

Can't remember which player it was, but one cited another thing to consider for a player heading to England is the much greater distances traveling to and from matches. For the guy the extra £500 a week wasn't worth how much time he was away from home, missing kids etc. especially after tax

Could that have been Chris Clark when at Plymouth?  Remember him moaning about traveling times every second week.

#82 OFFLINE   OddJob

OddJob

Goldfinger's main man

• Moderators
  • 9,996 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

Could that have been Chris Clark when at Plymouth?  Remember him moaning about traveling times every second week.

Oh dear Chris Clark, another of Pa Broons wonderful signings

#83 OFFLINE   Woody21

Woody21

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined 08-August 15

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

If there is any truth in this thread then Jack should be punted to the Huns without delay, Shinnie installed as club captain with equal haste and a replacement midfielder sourced as a priority summer signing. Any Dons player who has the slightest sway towards "them" should be chucked without any prior thought!

#84 OFFLINE   reekie_dock

reekie_dock

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,101 posts
  • Joined 08-August 13

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

If there was any real threat oh him signing for Huns it would be in press

#85 OFFLINE   craegDAMH

craegDAMH

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Joined 02-February 16

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:25 PM

If there is any truth in this thread then Jack should be punted to the Huns without delay, Shinnie installed as club captain with equal haste and a replacement midfielder sourced as a priority summer signing. Any Dons player who has the slightest sway towards "them" should be chucked without any prior thought!

Aye, he really looked like a hun tonight when he was running past a jogging Shinnie to close folk down.

#86 OFFLINE   Woody21

Woody21

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined 08-August 15

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

Aye, he really looked like a hun tonight when he was running past a jogging Shinnie to close folk down.

Aye most players "up their game" when they are either trying to earn a new contract or a better deal elsewhere.

#87 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,392 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:08 AM

Aye most players "up their game" when they are either trying to earn a new contract or a better deal elsewhere.

Oh fucking yawwwwwwn

#88 OFFLINE   spamspamspam

spamspamspam

Spamfuckingtastic

• Members
  • 10,548 posts
  • Joined 18-January 11

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:17 AM

First post of yours I've seen and from it its obvious we have a new zoomer on board. 

Tiger style

#89 OFFLINE   ollie1903

ollie1903

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,559 posts
  • Joined 24-May 09

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

Well by that logic we'd have to punt Shinnie and McLean straight away also

#90 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,392 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

We must be the only club who accuse our own of hunnery instead of supporting them.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users