#1 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:37 AM

Obviously midfield is needed stocked up.

McInnes is going to have a tough job this window. Probably even tougher than last summer. Cannot afford many mistakes, if any.

What is going to make this window even tougher/interesting for McInnes is the bitter cunts Sevco (& with FULL backing from their media clones) basically trying to make is job even tougher.

They are basically going to try & cause as much disruption as they can imo.

Watch this space but I would bet that pretty much any/every player we are linked with in this window. They are going to be linked with also, if not directly by them, then the media will do it anyway.

If they cannot stop us signing players, they will try & make sure we have to pay more to get them, or at least delay us getting them by 'giving the potential signings other options'

Obviously it won't matter with the likes of Moult as I doubt either of the two of us have much chance of signing him, although I believe we would still likely offer a fee for him which they won't so we would probably stand a better chance than them in that respect.

Apparently Moults previous clubs are due a substantial % of any fee, so Well won't let him go for any less that the 'rumoured' 300k we offered in summer as they will be getting very little of the fee anyway, so it may well be that he's worth more to them by keeping him until out of contract, as was the thinking in summer.

Ding Dong

#2 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

Just a crazy thought but would it be worth trying to offload GMS to Hearts/Motherwell (or Dundee) in a swap for Walker/Moult, or an other?

McInnes is going to have to work some magic this window to improve our team. central mid & also service from wide areas. Moult would just be a bonus but if he strengthens the obvious weaknesses, then Moult is less so required as with better support/service then the strikers we have will easily improve 

Ding Dong

#3 OFFLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:35 AM

I think we need 2 central midfielders and a wide player. Pace required overall.

I'm happy with Logan, Arnason, McKenna and Shinnie as a back 4 provided we get the midfield players we need.

In terms of players out obvious targets are Maynard and Ball. Seems pointless giving Reynolds that new contract and not playing him. Tansey not good enough but on a long term contract. GMS hasn't set the Heather alight but since Christie and Stewart are on loan I'd keep at the moment, he does offer some of the pace we are missing.

#4 OFFLINE   ConsiCanBoogie1903

ConsiCanBoogie1903

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Joined 25-June 17

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

Just a crazy thought but would it be worth trying to offload GMS to Hearts/Motherwell (or Dundee) in a swap for Walker/Moult, or an other?

McInnes is going to have to work some magic this window to improve our team. central mid & also service from wide areas. Moult would just be a bonus but if he strengthens the obvious weaknesses, then Moult is less so required as with better support/service then the strikers we have will easily improve 

Why do people always suggest swap deals? They literally never happen. Give GMS a bit of time. He's not playing in a great attacking system at the moment.

#5 OFFLINE   DaveTheDon

DaveTheDon

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Joined 13-June 17

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

We need a central midfielder so Shinnie can play at left back. With respect Shinnie is ok in midfield but no better than that. Panics at times and a poor decision maker. As any natural full back would be.
A winger is also a must.
Get these 2 positions sorted and I think the rest will improve by itself

#6 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

Why do people always suggest swap deals? They literally never happen. Give GMS a bit of time. He's not playing in a great attacking system at the moment.

Was GMS & or Christie not basically a swap involved deal?

Yeah never happens right enough.

What a fkn clown

Anyway. You can label it how you like but point is that Walker, Moult, O'Halloran etc. are players that are likely departing their various clubs in January.

McLean possibly for us.

Clubs will take money, or be easier to deal with if players can be bartered also. Just as what basically happen between us & tims this summer

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 09 December 2017 - 01:47 PM.

Ding Dong

#7 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Regarding the above point. We also done a swap deal with velicka/Aluko (or Foster actually)

It DOES happen. Maybe not directly & often but to say it NEVER happens is bs.

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 09 December 2017 - 02:04 PM.

Ding Dong

#8 ONLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,397 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

Louis Moult

Niall McGinn

Greg Docherty

Worth a look:

Glen Kamara

David Templeton (lol)

Ali Crawford

Punt:

Ball

Mayfart

Tansey

Edited by BWG, 09 December 2017 - 02:10 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

What are folks opinions on sending Christie back for Hayes?

Wright is next seasons replacement for Christie anyway

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 09 December 2017 - 02:29 PM.

Ding Dong

#10 OFFLINE   King Street Loon

King Street Loon

Experienced Campaigner

• Members
  • 18,532 posts
  • Joined 13-July 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

Defensively I think we're fine enough this season. Would sooner see any money e have available go to other areas of the team.

We require a midfielder desperately.

Shinnie needs moving back to LB, so with the hopeful sale of McLean in January we would need 2 of midfielders.

Perhaps sending Ball back to his club and seeing if someone wants to take Storie off of our hands. I quite like the look of the lad Docherty at Hamilton, but I hear talk of him going to England. I'd also like to look at the lad Morgan at St Mirren. He's a wide player I believe and may offer some much needed width.

Up front I think we're fine, but only if we can start getting a steady supply into the front men.

I'd maybe see if we could offload Nicky No Goals and se his wage for a wide player or midfielder.

All this costs money though and I don't know how much we'll have in January.

I'd also like McInnes to cast his net a bit further afield than the British Isles.

I know we got Arnason in, but he wasn't an unknown quantity. There must be some gems in europe who could do a job, but McInnes seems to have an aversion to signing foreigners.

January is a hard market to operate in though so we'll probably be pretty much as we were.

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen

Mean home sweet home to me

The Northern Lights of Aberdeen

Are what I long to see

I've been a wanderer all of my life

And many a sight I've seen

God speed the day when l'm on my way

To my home in Aberdeen!!

#11 OFFLINE   CraigHill

CraigHill

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Joined 16-December 06

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

Why are people still mentioning Moult?
We”ve missed that boat!

#12 OFFLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:41 PM

I'll be surprised if anyone comes in in January. Players contracts usually end in June, when you can sign them for free.

#13 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

I'll be surprised if anyone comes in in January. Players contracts usually end in June, when you can sign them for free.

So you don't think Kenny McLean will be gone in January then?

Have we never moved players on in January with their contract ending in summer?

Why is there even a January window in fact, as most players contracts normally do finish in summers?

Did we ever bring anyone in in January ever before?

One of McInnes top signings was a January signing in fact

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 09 December 2017 - 06:52 PM.

Ding Dong

#14 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

The more I think of it. We have made quite a lot of swap deals over the years. Including one ridiculously bad one where we paid good money to give away a great player for one considerably worse.

Ding Dong

#15 OFFLINE   rossafc92

rossafc92

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

What are folks opinions on sending Christie back for Hayes?

Wright is next seasons replacement for Christie anyway

Christie's brilliant. However still think Hayes was more effective in the team than Christie will be. Christie will end up being a better player, no doubt. End of the day, Christie's not our player, highly unlikely he ever will be. So if sending him back for Hayes permanently was on the table in any way, we should consider it seriously.

As for other players out there, surely Jordan Jones of Killie is a target. Consistently putting in impressive performances for Killie. NI call up too. There'd be competition for his signature though. Plus, might need some serious cash to get him with Killie's latest accounts.

coyr!

#16 OFFLINE   fifered

fifered

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Joined 08-January 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

In defence id be happy if we could move shinnie to left back.

We need two central midfielders, one defensive the other a bit more creative.  We also desperately lack bite in the midfield.

If we could get McGinn back would go a long way to solving the attacking issues.

Minimum 2 central mids and a winger then, preferably I'd like two wingers in though.

Always liked the look of Jordan Jones at Killie when I've seen him, certainly caused Logan no end of bother last match at pittodrie.

Maynard, Ball, Tansey and GMS all a waste of a wage, realistically though we could probably only get rid of Ball in Jan.  Maynard will stay till the summer and the other two are on 3 year contracts so arent going anywhere.

#17 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:49 PM

Christie's brilliant. However still think Hayes was more effective in the team than Christie will be. Christie will end up being a better player, no doubt. End of the day, Christie's not our player, highly unlikely he ever will be. So if sending him back for Hayes permanently was on the table in any way, we should consider it seriously.

As for other players out there, surely Jordan Jones of Killie is a target. Consistently putting in impressive performances for Killie. NI call up too. There'd be competition for his signature though. Plus, might need some serious cash to get him with Killie's latest accounts.

Always liked the look of their young lad Brophy, he seems pretty influential for them quite often. Scored a couple today as well

Ding Dong

#18 ONLINE   craegDAMH

craegDAMH

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined 02-February 16

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

Always liked the look of their young lad Brophy, he seems pretty influential for them quite often. Scored a couple today as well

Have you? I don't remember him ever making an impact for Kilmarnock against us last season....

#19 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

Have you? I don't remember him ever making an impact for Kilmarnock against us last season....

Not against us but in games v Celtic & other shite

Actually yes I remember him coming on in an away game v us & making a big difference to their play in attacking sense

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 09 December 2017 - 08:02 PM.

Ding Dong

#20 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

Why is there even a January window in fact, as most players contracts normally do finish in summers?

Logan, Rooney & McLean all came to us in January. Also Christie the first time.
So that's FOUR of McInnes's current first team lol

Ding Dong

#21 ONLINE   craegDAMH

craegDAMH

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined 02-February 16

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

Not against us but in games v Celtic & other shite

Actually yes I remember him coming on in an away game v us & making a big difference to their play in attacking sense

No he didn't. He played for Hamilton last season.

#22 OFFLINE   Ke1t

Ke1t

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,256 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

Strong midfielder in the Rico mold to grab control of the middle of the park and set up some fucking attacks. Probably going to need someone who can replace McLean inna, so we need to replace the middle pronto. 

Wide player/s with pace to actually provide service from wide. 

Basically, we need an entire midfield right across the width of the park. 

and a Centre Back. 

Minimum. 

"The internet has made it clear just how many dumb cunts there are."

#23 OFFLINE   cruzcampo3

cruzcampo3

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • Joined 03-December 14

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

We have Chris Clark and Micheal Hart both left a a fee in January when contracts were up in June

Ally Begg and The 2014 fans are killing this club

#24 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:33 PM

Well I cannot remember the diddy side, just the player but now that you mention it I'm surprised Hamilton were willing to let him go.
Also I seem to remember him being played more as attacking mid rather than striker more with Accies

Edited by fine-n-dandy, 09 December 2017 - 08:36 PM.

Ding Dong

#25 OFFLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

I just don't think we're gonna do much business, if any, in Jan. We already had a big turnover in the summer. You don't have to be a dick about it.

#26 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

I just don't think we're gonna do much business, if any, in Jan. We already had a big turnover in the summer. You don't have to be a dick about it.

Lol but it's a fairly valid point to counter your point with the fact that a large part of the current first team have been January signings for us & that McInnes has done quite a bit of business in January & it's clear to see he desperately needs to do so again or we are only going to go down the league & not up it.

Being a dick or not it's my opinion

Ding Dong

#27 OFFLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • 27,135 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

You could be right though as McInnes has spent the last six weeks pondering what players sevco will need in January & probably hasn't thought much about what we need

Ding Dong

#28 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

:laughing:

#29 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

Keep Maynard because its great having a joke player in the squad. Nicky Maynard Goal Machine must stay.

#30 OFFLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

Lol but it's a fairly valid point to counter your point with the fact that a large part of the current first team have been January signings for us & that McInnes has done quite a bit of business in January & it's clear to see he desperately needs to do so again or we are only going to go down the league & not up it.
Being a dick or not it's my opinion

Apart from Christie all your examples were 3-4 years ago, the last few seasons Mcinnes has moved more towards pre-contracts. Anyway i hope i'm wrong, get Mclean sold, bring in two midfielders and a winger thanks.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users