Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

Help.  Not a purchase yet but deserve a medal for not punching the little shit in pc world.

apologies in advance to you techie types for my lack of understanding on what seems a fairly straightforward query.

I have an unlimited data sim.  I want to purchase a “router” into which the sim will go and make the 4G available to nearby devices to cover a blind spot.  I’ve tried boosting and extending the phoneline sourced broadband but no joy.  If anything it just destroys the parent broadband.

all advice appreciated.  Oh and prefer it’s mains power since it’s going to be home based 99.9% of the time.

21 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Help.  Not a purchase yet but deserve a medal for not punching the little shit in pc world.

apologies in advance to you techie types for my lack of understanding on what seems a fairly straightforward query.

I have an unlimited data sim.  I want to purchase a “router” into which the sim will go and make the 4G available to nearby devices to cover a blind spot.  I’ve tried boosting and extending the phoneline sourced broadband but no joy.  If anything it just destroys the parent broadband.

all advice appreciated.  Oh and prefer it’s mains power since it’s going to be home based 99.9% of the time.

What did you use to try and extend it? Powerline adaptors? Mesh wifi routers? 

20 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

No fibre.  And I’ve just had to switch from wifi to 4G on my phone to open your reply.  Does that answer the question?

Do you live miles fae the local exchange? My parents internet was fucking shit despite living fairly close to an exchange. Upgrading to Fibre fixed the problem. You get deals fae about £24 per month, it'd make more sense than buying a 4G router in my opinion as you will get a lot better speeds if it worked. If it never worked you would be entitled to cancel the contract due to not getting the advertised speed. 

Or just buy a 4G router like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-MR6400-Unlocked-Configuration-Required-External/dp/B016ZWXYXG/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1181704C6TYEV&dchild=1&keywords=4g+wireless+router+with+sim+slot&qid=1620494459&sprefix=4G+Wireless+Router%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-3 but then you will still be paying monthly for the sim as well. 

There could also be a fault on your line but Open reach are absolute cunts to deal with I believe. 

Bought some Pokemon cards on the advice of a poster on here. We're all making incredible profits thus far (in five weeks only) and one poster (who you all know) - who PM'ed me with some GREAT advice - showed me his portfolio since 2017 and he's in a phenomenal position.

He has them all. Pikachu, Pakrora, Plum Princess, Mutant, Commando, Callaway Warbird, and a rare North East Fritzl. 

If only you had all jumped on board, which you were all invited to, then you could Pika Choo Choose Me! 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

cordless Dyson for £120, second hand from an auld mania in Portlethen . A new in door plant and pots , the collection is growing . New diesel jeans .

40 quid for a pair of insoles ... robbed there !!! and gave away a pair of north face hiking boots and a pair of converse , both didn't fit me , the mate's over the moon with them both 

34 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

cordless Dyson for £120, second hand from an auld mania in Portlethen . A new in door plant and pots , the collection is growing . New diesel jeans .

40 quid for a pair of insoles ... robbed there !!! and gave away a pair of north face hiking boots and a pair of converse , both didn't fit me , the mate's over the moon with them both 

Strings to redstrummers bow...

A. Philanthropist.

4 hours ago, Dad said:

Never guess with plants - you may think yous are best buddies, but they'll go right ahead and die if you dinnae adhere to the rules

Here you go Dayts son - not a moment too soon by the sounds of things you murdering bastard ?

https://www.bonsaiempire.com/basics/bonsai-care

Had a quick read, will go with the repotting option.

Bonsai soil, Amazon, £5.99.

With gods help the little blighter will pull through, we can but repot and pray.

14 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Had a quick read, will go with the repotting option.

Bonsai soil, Amazon, £5.99.

With gods help the little blighter will pull through, we can but repot and pray.

As long as you dont show it to Moses?

Auld cunt loves a burning bush

I've been spraying the dandelions in the garden tonight, first chance I've had to look at the garden since I moved in. Slabs front and back but fucking weeds everywhere, don't think anyone has controlled them for years. One hand potential tree saver, other weed slayer. Don't like doing the latter, even weeds are living beings. Makes me look like a mink to not do it though, got to go.