Films

On 12/3/2021 at 9:05 PM, Zeus said:

A Castle for Christmas

Starring Gumbo from ID

Absolutely fucking dreadful 

It's been getting slagged off by everyone as a film that is so bad it's worth watching for a laugh.

Corney Scottish accents

Brooke Shields

Shite story

I mean, whatever gave you the impression that it was going to be anything other than dreadful ?

14 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Re sopranos prequel. If you go in with low expectations you won't be disappointed. It was decent but probably shouldn't have been made.

Didn't take to it. Probably coz I had no interest in the Dickie Moltisanti story. I thought they were going to make a Johnny Soprano and Junior back story.

Let Us Prey.

This was on the Horror channel, it's a Scottish effort. I enjoyed the climax but that which went before was boring. Jonathan Watson is in it, playing a plank of wood from what I saw. He does die in it though (other than his acting style) which was at least a bonus.

Don't Look Up.

Hmm. Lot of big names in this and I've got to say many did a great job. Basic story is there's a comet heading for earth which will kill everyone. Leo Di Cap tries to warn the president but nobody wants to know. What it really is, is a parody of modern day America and Americans. LDC is great as the scientist and Meryl Streep (whom I often criticise for getting Oscar nominations for hee haw) also does her best Trump as President impersonation. The whole government entourage is very Trumpian in fact. Star of the show for me was Mark Rylance as geeky scientific boffin cum evil capitalist money grubber. So many characterisations of Americans that are almost instantly recognisable throughout the movie. I liked it even though it's not laugh out loud funny and it maybe outstayed its welcome by about 10-15 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 6:44 AM, For Fecks Sake said:

It's been getting slagged off by everyone as a film that is so bad it's worth watching for a laugh.

Corney Scottish accents

Brooke Shields

Shite story

I mean, whatever gave you the impression that it was going to be anything other than dreadful ?

Giving this a try later purely on your review.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:04 PM, Jigsaw666 said:

Don't Look Up.

Hmm. Lot of big names in this and I've got to say many did a great job. Basic story is there's a comet heading for earth which will kill everyone. Leo Di Cap tries to warn the president but nobody wants to know. What it really is, is a parody of modern day America and Americans. LDC is great as the scientist and Meryl Streep (whom I often criticise for getting Oscar nominations for hee haw) also does her best Trump as President impersonation. The whole government entourage is very Trumpian in fact. Star of the show for me was Mark Rylance as geeky scientific boffin cum evil capitalist money grubber. So many characterisations of Americans that are almost instantly recognisable throughout the movie. I liked it even though it's not laugh out loud funny and it maybe outstayed its welcome by about 10-15 minutes.

I watched it Christmas Day, I really enjoyed it.

Jonah Hill playing the Trump kid role was good as well.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:04 PM, Jigsaw666 said:

Don't Look Up.

Lasted 30 minutes.

Complete and utter shite.

Jennifer Lawrence is still a fucking babe mind you so it gets 1/10 for her being in it.