Scotland u19s

We should follow a similar model to Ajax or even Brentford, try to implement an actual philosphy with the emphasis on promoting youth players and selling them on. I'd rather we put some good money in to youth and recruitment instead of what we currently have where we've got 3 scouts and a fucking computer game to try find players. Also the club have made it pretty clear they've got no interest in challenging the old firm so they should look to get enough points as quickly as possible to avoid relegation or any of that hassle and then look to play the rest of the games with promising youngsters along side experienced older pros, that way over a few years the youngsters should improve at a faster rate, they'll be playing a lot more with each other as well as learning much more than they would from playing youth/reserve football.

I would be fully behind this!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should follow a similar model to Ajax or even Brentford, try to implement an actual philosphy with the emphasis on promoting youth players and selling them on.  I'd rather we put some good money in to youth and recruitment instead of what we currently have where we've got 3 scouts and a fucking computer game to try find players.  Also the club have made it pretty clear they've got no interest in challenging the old firm so they should look to get enough points as quickly as possible to avoid relegation or any of that hassle and then look to play the rest of the games with promising youngsters along side experienced older pros, that way over a few years the youngsters should improve at a faster rate, they'll be playing a lot more with each other as well as learning much more than they would from playing youth/reserve football.

Not necessarily disagreeing.  But Id add the quickest way to revenue for the club, particularly if our sales pitch is "never be first or second" will still be europe in whatever format that takes.  Ive no real design on third or fourth any more than 5th to 8th but a european run at least to groups has to remain in our thinking shirley?  But yes, don't mind admitting last nights u19s was a real eye opener in terms of available talent.  Ross, Campbell and (back home) Anderson etc getting real first team game time would be interesting to say the least.  Wouldn't even have a problem with being an effective feeder to a big EPL club since thats where the money is and the way I suspect the game will develop.  Very fine line to follow though in retaining the clubs identity.  And Kingsford will surely help.

Not necessarily disagreeing.  But Id add the quickest way to revenue for the club, particularly if our sales pitch is "never be first or second" will still be europe in whatever format that takes.  Ive no real design on third or fourth any more than 5th to 8th but a european run at least to groups has to remain in our thinking shirley?  But yes, don't mind admitting last nights u19s was a real eye opener in terms of available talent.  Ross, Campbell and (back home) Anderson etc getting real first team game time would be interesting to say the least.  Wouldn't even have a problem with being an effective feeder to a big EPL club since thats where the money is and the way I suspect the game will develop.  Very fine line to follow though in retaining the clubs identity.  And Kingsford will surely help.

The club have proved several times now that a run to the groups is beyond them.  What annoys me most about the club is the close-minded thinking that we are where we are and that's how it's always going to be.  Yes we can't compete directly with Celtic and Rangers however there's ways of beating them by upgrading out scouting network (lol at even calling what we have just now a network) get people on the ground searching for talent in places they won't look in, we should be looking to have the best sports scientists and data analysts one that make other clubs think rather than us just having what we've got a ploughing on with it in the hope that we get lucky.  Eventually when you get all of those things in place and fine tuned the results will come themselves, it'll take a few years but at least then we'll have our own ethos that reaps rewards, we'll have young talent that are way more experienced than their peers, ideally we'd still have some very good older players too and through that I genuinely think we'd be in a much better place not only to challenge celtic and rangers but to advance in Europe. 

That's the most embarrassing thing I've ever heard about this tinpot club

After 6 years of McDogshit, I came to the conclusion FM was used when he signed Ash Taylor the first time. To sign him twice is a death penalty in many cultures/nations. Rightly so.

That’s because your a muse/Radiohead apologist sap. You’re love of the junkie stretches my tolerance beyond the limits of huns but I love you really.

Muse? I'll easy come up and kick your teeth in. Fucking muse? I'm better than that.

You'll never hear me play RH on a juker. Know your audience. See you soon

How is it embarrassing? A database of every player in most major leagues around the world, scouted by hundreds if not thousands of local scouts, all for about £40... we'd be mental not to use that to identify players we want to have a proper look at.

Cause it’s not real. FFS we’re talking about a similar game that predicted Mark Kerr to be a superstar

Cause it’s not real. FFS we’re talking about a similar game that predicted Mark Kerr to be a superstar

It's an incredibly cheap database of players, created using local scouts. If you've got a cheaper or more efficient way of scouting thousands of players to identify targets worth spending time / money on scouting further then I'm all ears. 

How is it embarrassing? A database of every player in most major leagues around the world, scouted by hundreds if not thousands of local scouts, all for about £40... we'd be mental not to use that to identify players we want to have a proper look at.

Come on now, this is utter lunacy. What do you think is the best way forward?

Scouting and coaching the best local talent, taking them through the ranks and paying for players if there is a good deal.

Or based on FM taking a punt on a random Nigerian that has got 10/10 for dribbling or some shit, taking him over when he if clearly was the next Messi would not be coming to us.

Scouting and coaching the best local talent, taking them through the ranks and paying for players if there is a good deal.

Or based on FM taking a punt on a random Nigerian that has got 10/10 for dribbling or some shit, taking him over when he if clearly was the next Messi would not be coming to us.

certainly a fantastic tool! Gets a lot right and a lot wrong at the very top level just like a scout. However I'm not overlay sure how accurate it is at the level we are working at!?

Aye you're right, spending £40 on a comprehensive database of scouted players absolutely stops us scouting and coaching the best local talent. That's why our team is full of random Nigerians with good stats on FM....

There were 3 players in the starting 11 for Scotland u19s this week who came through our academy. Our youth system is developing a conveyor belt of good players right now. They won't all make it for us, that's just inevitable, but I can't remember us ever producing this many players who have a chance of making it.

None of that is inhibited by spending £40 on a database

Guest the shepherd

A couple of seasons getting into the Europa League group stages would be massive for a club the size of ours. If that extra revenue was spent wisely, there's no reason why we couldn't compete for 1st place in our league.

I doubt this will happen anytime soon though as we've got a losers mentality from top down.

In respect of your valid latter point, that certainly wasn't the case when George Yule was around.

I remember one of his first interviews dispelling the myth of finishing in top 6 as being successful. It's a league of 12 for fucks sake (not quite his actual words but you get the drift). We should be targeting first place. That's my ambition.

In what way would this possibly work? Go into FM stick in a left back with pace or something, then google his agent to see if he fancies coming to Aberdeen from some random Italian club, if so go across to take a look at him?

I’m not saying it isn’t a decent database but just don’t think we should be relying on a computer game to base our signing policies on.

Guest the shepherd

It's an incredibly cheap database of players, created using local scouts. If you've got a cheaper or more efficient way of scouting thousands of players to identify targets worth spending time / money on scouting further then I'm all ears.

It would be incredibly easy though for hackers and scouts (of other clubs) alike to corrupt the data on offer in order to hoodwink clubs, like Aberdeen, to believing they are signing a player that will improve their squad. If Aberdeen do use this software they have been well and truly shafted and conned, and going by some of signings over recent years that may well be the case.

If we are basing our scouting on FM ratings then it's embarrassing.

However, if we're simply using the database for particulars,like age, contract length/status, etc, then I reckon it's quite smart. Would there be a larger database of that type in existence?

You seriously think there's a chance we use the FM player ratings for scouting players? :laughing:

You seriously think there's a chance we use the FM player ratings for scouting players? :laughing:

How else do you explain the signing of Curtis Main?

Overheard from McInnes' office "Check it out Tony, Main hat trick secure Motherwell's maiden Champions League title!! Right, that's our target."