Best / Most Memorable goal you’’ve scored

Not proclaiming to have played to any level but conversation came up in the bar.

I have two, running away from goal the ball should not have came anywhere near me, hit a back heel on the volley and it went clean in the top corner.

My favourite though was a completely random game. We were utterly pish but 1-0 up the whole game. The other team equalised with about 1 minute to go. I’d pulled cramp and was totally fucked. Somehow managed to get up the park, boy nailed it off the crossbar and it fell to me to sidefoot home from 15 yards. Wasn’t spectacular but still remember it. Ref blew full time.

1-1, v our nemesis, Tall Oaks, under the flood lights in a midweek match. 5mins to go and cracked one into the top right from the corner of the box. These were the days when sime folk wore cycling shorts, thinking that pro's were sporting the same gear. And it might have been only continental Europe had stantions. So the ball rattled a few times off that v that stuck out of each top corner. They were mad afterwards. Next time we played them someone man-marked me all game. Loved those late summer, start of the league games. Pitch in great nick, with stripes. Under 16 i think it was.

Scored plenty of crackers in my day - the one that sticks in my mind (from back in the day) was a Maradonaesque mazy run from my own half in Summer League (circa ‘96-97) riding tackles - older cunts trying to chop me down, then rounding the keeper and slotting it cooly in the net. The auld mannies who were watching always reminded me of it when I was out in the pubs out the road

The best was only a couple of years back - playing in a tournament for charity - 25yd overhead kick in to the corner. Won player of the tournament out of 200 players (inc Doug Rougvie)

Reaffirming that I’ve still got it

Edit to add - another memorable one was scoring the winner in a final (circa 2009-10)at that pitch with the stand (Keith Park?) In Bridge of Don 1-1 and the last couple of minutes, long ball played diagonally from the left back to me on the right wing, ran on to it and lobbed the advancing keeper from outside the box, prompting wild scenes

It was 3-2, and we were 2-0 down at half tine. The rest is true though. :trophy:

I kent fit you meant - I was just saying that I was a proper jakey back then and your memory of the rest of the game will be better than mine

The lads always knew I turned up to games still on the go fae the night before - still started me, though

Played my best fitba oot my nut!

Tried that once on a 33C day. Didn't go well BUT I did score a couple...but think we won by 9 or 10. I was off after about 25.

Scored the winner at Pittodrie ‘95

Can even remember the team we played - Portnockie (whoever they were)

Willie Miller wasn’t happy signing my Head school bag

The night before I’d had a house party and a fight with my dad when he came home - after he broke down the bog door where I was sleeping (and had soiled myself)

Why was Willie Miller trying to break into your bog? 

I don't think I've scored a best goal, they have all been tap ins.

Most memorable one would have to be back in primary school days. At Tullynessle we had a tiny school of around 25 pupils in 3 classes, and in 98 we got to the holy grail of primary football which was the Alford final, unfortunately against Alford (featuring Dave Booth). We got absolutely pumped 7-1 or something but I scored the last goal straight from kick-off after thinking fuck it. Blootered it into the bottom corner from a few yards into the opposition half (which was probably only 25 yards back then). There was a big crowd as everyone stays to watch the final and it got a big cheer as everyone hated Alford (they were the biggest school) so sticks in the memory. We went on to win it the next year for the first time which was quite an achievement as I was the only P7 boy in the team. We also beat Alford 2-0 en route to the final, both scored by moi. :trophy:

A ball coming out to me from a corner, Im 10 yards outside the area,on the right side of the box , smashed it into the left hand top corner of the net.The thing I remember about it most is the sweet as a nut ,clean strike, and watching the ball, from behind, which seemed to accelarate as it got nearer the goal. Absolutely no spin on it either.

I was 14 at the time as well and Id always tried to recreate that shot over years without getting anywhere near it. 

A sweeter ball I have not hit.

That sounds like a goal I witnessed. Was down seeing my mate playing at Hazelhead pitches one Sunday. Must have went out for a throw in so I turned round to see what was going on in the other pitch.

Right back got the ball ran basically the length of the pitch and nobody to cross to so just melted it and the thing flew into the top corner like a missle.

Everyone including him was basically in shock. Fair play if it was someone on here, one to tell the Grandkids.

That sounds like a goal I witnessed. Was down seeing my mate playing at Hazelhead pitches one Sunday. Must have went out for a throw in so I turned round to see what was going on in the other pitch.

Right back got the ball ran basically the length of the pitch and nobody to cross to so just melted it and the thing flew into the top corner like a missle.

Everyone including him was basically in shock. Fair play if it was someone on here, one to tell the Grandkids.

Two best goals.

Lobbed the keeper from the half way line against Banchory.

Cracker against bridge of don - outswinging corner from our right hand side I met it on the half volley and hit it across myself into the far top corner. Screamer.

Most memorable ones. Scottish cup 2nd round which was local. I'd been dropped (probably first time ever) and we were losing 3-0. Came on at half time, 5 mins later scored a penalty. Ended up scoring a hatrick, setting up the other two and winning 5-3. Got man of the match and set up an away day.

A ball coming out to me from a corner, Im 10 yards outside the area,on the right side of the box , smashed it into the left hand top corner of the net.The thing I remember about it most is the sweet as a nut ,clean strike, and watching the ball, from behind, which seemed to accelarate as it got nearer the goal. Absolutely no spin on it either.

I was 14 at the time as well and Id always tried to recreate that shot over years without getting anywhere near it. 

A sweeter ball I have not hit.

Sounds like one similar to I scored when I lived in France and used to train with the local juniors team. Ball broke to me at the edge of the penalty area and without even thinking about it I just smacked it on my left foot and it flew into the roof of the net at the keeper's near-post - boy was an ex-pro and he looked in a state of shock, muttering that he couldn't have stopped it even if he'd been standing on the post. 

Chances of me ever being able to replicate that strike - less than zero. 

Best goal for me was in 96,just moved to Crawley and got a trial!,went well and signed for them and on the 2nd game,we were getting beat 2-0 half time,played as a striker and the winger burst through on the right,wee defence splitting pass for him rounded the keeper,1-2, then about the 80th minute our mid flicked the ball on to me to run on to it,the big athletic defender was on ma arse so just had to hit 25-30 yards out,flew in the top right corner, was a thing of beauty, Happiest of times