#1711 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,983 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

Hopefully with McGinn in the team, May won't have to drop 30 yards to get involved in the play.

Lets fucking hope so.

I'm still holding out for him to really prove he can be a top striker for us.

#1712 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,339 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

Hopefully with McGinn in the team, May won't have to drop 30 yards to get involved in the play.

Yep that's what I'm hoping

I would love to see him in the box and someone else trying to create

Hopefully that will happen now

#1713 OFFLINE   Byrne Baby Byrne

Byrne Baby Byrne

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,129 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

It will be very interesting to see if May & Rooney improve with McGinn in the team.
There is no denying Rooney has suffered from lack of service compared to previous seasons but some some will not accept this for his drop in form & will blindly say it is just down to him being finished. Likewise with May I assume.
May has 17 appearances for us with 4 goals & 5 assists. Not great for a striker admittedly but when you consider the lack of decent supply & the work he is having to make up for it is ok. McGinn should be a big asset for him improving on that though.
Not sure on Rooney stats for this season but no doubt they are down on previous also & likewise I feel McGinn can help with this.

I am not buying that at all. We are 2nd in the league with 33 goals in 22 games. He should have far more than 4 goals. Hopefully we will see better in the second half of the season but lets not make up excuses

#1714 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 25,339 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

I am not buying that at all. We are 2nd in the league with 33 goals in 22 games. He should have far more than 4 goals. Hopefully we will see better in the second half of the season but lets not make up excuses

That's what excites me

2nd in league and our "big" players are only at 6 out of 10 so far

If logan, Christie, stewart, mcginn and may start to switch up to 7s and 8s we are in for a bloody amazing run in

#1715 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 10,783 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

That's what excites me

If logan, Christie, stewart, mcginn and may start to switch up to 7s and 8s we are in for a bloody amazing run in

Our post-Dubai form last season was fantastic... we were destroying the diddy teams.  Hopefully a similar result this season.

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#1716 OFFLINE   OddJob

OddJob

Goldfinger's main man

• Moderators
  • 9,834 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

That's what excites me

Our post-Dubai form last season was fantastic... we were destroying the diddy teams.  Hopefully a similar result this season.

Here's hoping :crossfingers:  :thumbup1:

#1717 OFFLINE   Donstar83

Donstar83

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 09-November 16

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

That's what excites me

When you say it like that it is really exciting.

With the tims dropping more points as well... who knows what could happen.

#1718 OFFLINE   Doncomitant

Doncomitant

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 16-December 17

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Well as has already been mentioned. He's often on corner duty & indirect set piece duty. He doesn't take penalties as yet & there is no denying the service into the box has reduced plus the fact that he's normally being played out wide, or deep.
It is perfectly reasonable to expect May to have a similar tally to the likes of Stewart, Christie, McLean & even Shinnie given the above circumstances.
You are simply judging him on him being an out & out striker. Which quite simply he has not played for us.

You can call those reasons excuses but most that have actually watched the games without blinkers on would call them facts.

Edited by Doncomitant, 12 January 2018 - 05:47 PM.

#1719 OFFLINE   shooftahmooftah

shooftahmooftah

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Joined 13-September 14

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

Destroying the diddy teams ? And getting destroyed by Celtic again this season. Maybe a few Black Russians in Dubia will help this time or black Nigerians !!!!!!

#1720 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 25,339 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

When you say it like that it is really exciting.

With the tims dropping more points as well... who knows what could happen.

BOOM

#1721 ONLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Haha yes therer we go; the positivity swells; what a fucking boost getting McGinn in has been for all of us. The potential that goes through your mind, when you have up close and personal experience of the guy coming in...goals galores fuckers haha exciting exciting times. Straight back in with a high scoring winning run; its culmination time; win often and fucking well.

Posted by Dad on 02 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

The world outside Scotland makes me love the scottish game more and more. Good solid 10's of thousands transfer fees; no frills - good honest solid realism, with a squeeze of hate and a smidge of daring to dream.

The Dons are a joy to support.

#1722 ONLINE   Pubes Macdonald

Pubes Macdonald

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Joined 31-August 16

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

Haha yes therer we go; the positivity swells; what a fucking boost getting McGinn in has been for all of us. The potential that goes through your mind, when you have up close and personal experience of the guy coming in...goals galores fuckers haha exciting exciting times. Straight back in with a high scoring winning run; its culmination time; win often and fucking well.

Dad the double is still on and when we win it ill buy you a double hashish doobie pipe

#1723 ONLINE   Roberto

Roberto

S.F

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

May is shit.

I want to like the cunt but he's shit.

"Maybe I will never be all the things that I want to be

But now is not the time to cry now's the time to find out why
I think you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see you and I, WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER"

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users