Connor Mclennan

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I think we've seen enough... Ricky Foster MKII

Fire him aff the mouldy roof. 

Figuratively, of course. 

And, of, course, literally. 

Loathe him or hate him ,and despite limited ability, the career that Foster has carved out for himself through effort is way beyond anything that McLennan’ll achieve. Once McLennan’s current contract expires he’ll ply his trade at Cove , Peterhead or Elgin.

Scott Muirhead Mk II

On 3/19/2019 at 5:59 PM, Guest said:

Footballers are footballers, they are all thick as mince. I don't think you can attribute his lack of decision making to being thick, rather a lack of experience of when to dribble or when to pass/shoot. Personally, I think we should simplify his game, get him running down the sides with pace, getting crosses stood up into the box and sucking players out to stop him. He is guilty of overplaying at times, but he's 19, he's not going to be the finished article.

I'd say he's had more impressive games than unimpressive games this season. We still need another winger in as he's not ready to start every single week IMO. Prospects from the NE aren't bad at all. Dean Campbell, Frank Ross is a good player just been injured lately, and Conor McLennan included. They also seem to really rate Ethan Ross, so much so he got a few minutes at Celtic Park.

Plenty of prospects from the North East of Scotland.

Would rather these boys than weegie muppets like Zander Diamond or even worse, Craig Storie.

Pahahaha

Aged well

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I think we've seen enough... Ricky Foster MKII

Fire him aff the mouldy roof. 

Figuratively, of course. 

And, of, course, literally. 

Haha what a way to go! I think we've all seen enough of McLennan now to know that he's never going to make the grade at the club. There was something about him when he first broke into the team - his pace and direct running took other teams by surprise, but he's not added anything to his game in the last few years and I think he's actually lost some of the two aforementioned attributes, so he offers nothing. 

Not sure when his contract is up but might be worth punting him out on loan to someone like St Johnstone or Livingston, or a top half of Championship team to see how he gets on. 

Sliding doors moment for McLennan.  Can’t remember the game, McInnes last spell , he was literally our striker of last resort through injury when we couldn’t buy a goal.  Chance made for him (at merkland I think) and he smashed it off the bar.  Had that gone in the confidence would have flowed and I suspect his career would have taken a different path.  His Tony Watt moment.

McLennan was brilliant when he first broke into the team, scoring on his debut then later on in season away at rangers and hearts. Remember him having lustig on toast in league cup final 2018 as well. No idea what’s happened to him because he’s hopeless now. Weird one, player in there but he’s been so bad for so long that can’t really wait much longer.

53 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

McLennan was brilliant when he first broke into the team, scoring on his debut then later on in season away at rangers and hearts. Remember him having lustig on toast in league cup final 2018 as well. No idea what’s happened to him because he’s hopeless now. Weird one, player in there but he’s been so bad for so long that can’t really wait much longer.

He didn't score on his debut, as we got gubbed from St Johnstone. If I recall, he scored a peach against St Mirren in his third or fourth game 

9 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Sliding doors moment for McLennan.  Can’t remember the game, McInnes last spell , he was literally our striker of last resort through injury when we couldn’t buy a goal.  Chance made for him (at merkland I think) and he smashed it off the bar.  Had that gone in the confidence would have flowed and I suspect his career would have taken a different path.  His Tony Watt moment.

Same as shankland with that sitter of a header at home to celtic was it?

12 minutes ago, graham said:

A good player Connor McLennan.Scored a tremendous goal in Youth Cup Final v Hibernian at Hampden.He has great ability,but frustratingly inconsistent.

needs to go out on loan where hes guaranteed a solid 6 months as a starter. We can then decide if he has a future at club. Probably another 2/3 players in same boat.

57 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

We need someone who can hit a free kick. We are terrible at them currently.

Disagree. 

Calvin is very good at dead balls, particularly corners. 

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I hate McLennan as a footballer. Think he’s clueless.

Physical attributes are there. 

Just has no idea what he wants to do with the ball when he gets it, not conducive to a good team player, and a nightmare for strikers not knowing what he's going to do when he gets it. 

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Physical attributes are there. 

Just has no idea what he wants to do with the ball when he gets it, not conducive to a good team player, and a nightmare for strikers not knowing what he's going to do when he gets it. 

He’s a good example of how far you’ll get in football by just being a good athlete. Reasonably tall, strong, fast, but terrible at playing football. 

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What specifically makes you think it's a lack of confidence as opposed to a downright lack of ability?

strachanmcgheegoal said so.... all because McLennan hit the bar instead of scored against Livvy a couple of years ago. If that had gone in we’d have a world class player on our hands now apparently....according to strachanmcgheegoal.

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He obviously has some ability to have been offered a contract as a pro football player.  I remember he used to get the ball and attack the full back and was a bit hit and miss but under McInnes his game time was limited. Under Glass ( still with limited game time) he wants to lay the ball off at the earliest opportunity. Has Glass instructed him not to try and beat his man?   He either doesn't believe he can get by his man or Glass doesn't , either way is going to affect his confidence.

I made a point of watching him at the Hibs game and I thought he was hiding. 

Your general answer is fine, but that first sentence - are you sticking by it or want to edit it?

• Haha 1