Pre Season Friendlies

I know it's weak opposition, pre season friendly etc but could a 'brute force' player like McKenna come through playing alongside 'brains and experience' like arnason? You'd like to think so.

I already fancy that combination ahead of when the likes of O'Connor and Taylor were a duo.

Would probably work in 1/2 to 2/3 of our League games.

From the highlights, Storey scored a cracking goal. Good run with some nice skill, good lay off and got on the end of the cross.

It was the only good thing he did the entire game. Every other time he got the ball he'd go on some daft run and lose it.

From the highlights, Storey scored a cracking goal. Good run with some nice skill, good lay off and got on the end of the cross.

He was a busy little bee for most the game. I think he just needs game time and the abuse he suffers on here is unjust. There's a good player in there, as there was with Magennis. He proved at ICT that when played regularly, that he could be a threat. Blessed with pace and skilful. He tends to just try a wee bit too much and ends up losing possession.

That's the 1st time I've watched many of the younger lads as don't get to any U20 matches nowadays. Harrington looks quite composed and has a turn of pace. I think he'll do ok but whether he gets any chances from the bench for what is a stick on Logan position 99% of the time, I doubt. Same to for Dan Harvie. Although he could replace Consi at LB, I don't think he's quite of the quality we'd need. That said, the likes of Teirney and Roberston were young when then broke onto the scene, so why not.

Frank Ross looked busy and was always trying to get onto the ball and had a couple of nice threaded passes. McLennan is unit. Not your stereotypical shape for a wide player - more the Dean Windass physique to him. But he's strong and skilful and I'd like to see more of him this coming season - perhaps early stages of the LC?

Wright was exciting to watch - hopefully he gets his chance this season. Storie got in about and make a couple of good challenges. And Anderson only on at the very end and hardly touched the ball.

Other than that, was just a fitness/sharpness exercise for the rest. Kari not tested largely and as he had acres of time and space to play passes across the back four, hard to judge his current form. But was decent enough in the air and was communicating to McKenna on a constant basis about his positioning etc, so he is obviously a wise old head to have in defence - much more than the likes of AOC and Reynolds as a partnership. Something just tells me he won't start on Thursday but we'll see.

I have to say that whilst I accept the Storey/Magennis linking together as a fair shout, I do so only in that both are shite. I wasn't at Brechin but was at Arbroath and even that night he set up two goals and still looked exactly how described in this thread. It is frustrating because deep down there is probably a cracking player somewhere there but I have big doubts whether we will see it in an Aberdeen jersey unfortunately.

Aye, that's one of the most bizarre things tinyweelad has ever posted, which is quite an accolade.

Regular call ups to the Norn Ireland squad and banging them in for Killie and a move to England off the back of it.... aye he was horseshit so he was.

DYA.

Magennis was certainly one of the worst technicians I've seen at Aberdeen. Perhaps only Richie Byrne was worse in that respect. Horrible, HORRIBLE (@MT for emphasis) first touch.

By all accounts a brilliant guy though and a great example for youngsters. Amazing what he's achieved with very little talent. Hard work, dedication and attitude can get you a long way. He couldn't trap a wet bag of cement, yet he's represented his country in the Euro finals.