Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Have they fuck.

Yes they have. The main problems is anti-democratic remainers who reject no deal, but also do not accept any kind of deal.

This is what has caused the log jam. They want people to get sick of it and reverse the whole thing.

Most of the die hard tory eurosceptics voted for the deal eventually, but remainers did not.

They are working hand in glove with the EU. The EU refuses to offer a fair deal, so it wont pass in parliament, while remainers work to prevent no deal.

The EU is a major anti-democratic force (see the number of votes it has either ignored or over-turned in member states) and its remainer minions also hate democracy.

Brexit was created by a tory/ukip allegiance and voted in primarily on a racist, anti-immigration agenda, voted for by a majority of folk who have never voted before because they are the Jeremy Kyle crew. And then old folk and red necks who fear outsiders and difference.

If that is genuinely your view, then I am genuinely embarrassed for you. If you genuinely believe that, your outlook is a nonsense and you have no credibility.

More than half the population of the UK are racists? Do you serious believe that?

I am used to SNP supporters talking shite on here, but this takes the biscuit.

I voted for Brexit because:

- The UK public were never given a say on joining an EU, and I believe in democracy

- The EU is a largely faceless, self-serving, corrupt, arrogant and anti-democratic organisation

- We pay a fortune to the EU, for no worthwhile return. That money would be better used to improve the lives of the British people in various ways.

- I prefer to be bound by laws and regulations made by people we elected and who are accountable to us. Not unelected commissioners, who get their posts through personal networks.

- I don't like foreign powers / foreign courts having any say on what goes on in the country I live in.

- Being in the EU holds us back economically and pushes prices up, making life harder for the less fortunate

- I don't like to see other countries benefit from the UK / Scotland's resources (like fishing) while we have people unemployed or working on low wages

It has then dragged on and on and the tories are on their 3rd prime minister because of it and it still rumbles on in a mire of uncertainty and at a great cost.

Thats right, and it is the work of remainers. Even the speaker of the house, who is meant to be impartial.

The tories cant agree on it which is why it has dragged on.

The reason it has dragged on is because the house of commons (not just "the tories") has voted down a deal multiple times and thus far has refused to countenance a clean break.

What has the SNP got to do with that? Fuck all is the answer.

No, they have played a major part in preventing any kind of progress.

The PM has says it will be done by end October, one way or the other. Yet the SNP are working to prevent that:

Nicola Sturgeon: MPs must get act together and form alliance against no-deal Brexit

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17840475.nicola-sturgeon-mps-must-get-act-together-form-alliance-no-deal-brexit/

What the remainers want is no progress and to be stuck like this for as long as possible, so that people get frustrated and fed up and will accept the largest democratic mandate in UK history being overturned.

The sooner Scotland becomes independent the better.

I am a unionist, but a genuinely independent Scotland is better than Scotland in the EU - which is no independence at all.

I would at least respect the stance of wanting a truly independent Scotland, but wanting to split the UK - only to then join a bigger union (EU) - is illogical and worthy of only contempt.

Fundamentally, the SNP want to be in the EU because they think Scotland is too small to go it alone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

C7-C082-B3-6-E3-D-4006-B738-4310-F5-C428

Absolute pish.  No wonder there is no detail or references.

Scotland doesnt lose out thanks to Brexit, it would gain significant new powers and opportunities.

Notably having control over our own (significant) fishing grounds, which would be a major boon to our economy.

Ironically, the SNP don't want these new powers and opportunities, because their wet dream of "joke independence in the EU" would necessarily entail handing it all back to Brussels .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Yes they have. The main problems is anti-democratic remainers who reject no deal, but also do not accept any kind of deal.

This is what has caused the log jam. They want people to get sick of it and reverse the whole thing.

Most of the die hard tory eurosceptics voted for the deal eventually, but remainers did not.

They are working hand in glove with the EU. The EU refuses to offer a fair deal, so it wont pass in parliament, while remainers work to prevent no deal.

The EU is a major anti-democratic force (see the number of votes it has either ignored or over-turned in member states) and its remainer minions also hate democracy.

If that is genuinely your view, then I am genuinely embarrassed for you. If you genuinely believe that, your outlook is a nonsense and you have no credibility.

More than half the population of the UK are racists? Do you serious believe that?

I am used to SNP supporters talking shite on here, but this takes the biscuit.

I voted for Brexit because:

- The UK public were never given a say on joining an EU, and I believe in democracy

- The EU is a largely faceless, self-serving, corrupt, arrogant and anti-democratic organisation

- We pay a fortune to the EU, for no worthwhile return. That money would be better used to improve the lives of the British people in various ways.

- I prefer to be bound by laws and regulations made by people we elected and who are accountable to us. Not unelected commissioners, who get their posts through personal networks.

- I don't like foreign powers / foreign courts having any say on what goes on in the country I live in.

- Being in the EU holds us back economically and pushes prices up, making life harder for the less fortunate

- I don't like to see other countries benefit from the UK / Scotland's resources (like fishing) while we have people unemployed or working on low wages

Thats right, and it is the work of remainers. Even the speaker of the house, who is meant to be impartial.

The reason it has dragged on is because the house of commons (not just "the tories") has voted down a deal multiple times and thus far has refused to countenance a clean break.

No, they have played a major part in preventing any kind of progress.

The PM has says it will be done by end October, one way or the other. Yet the SNP are working to prevent that:

Nicola Sturgeon: MPs must get act together and form alliance against no-deal Brexit

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17840475.nicola-sturgeon-mps-must-get-act-together-form-alliance-no-deal-brexit/

What the remainers want is no progress and to be stuck like this for as long as possible, so that people get frustrated and fed up and will accept the largest democratic mandate in UK history being overturned.

I am a unionist, but a genuinely independent Scotland is better than Scotland in the EU - which is no independence at all.

I would at least respect the stance of wanting a truly independent Scotland, but wanting to split the UK - only to then join a bigger union (EU) - is illogical and worthy of only contempt.

Fundamentally, the SNP want to be in the EU because they think Scotland is too small to go it alone.

Wow more vacuous garbage. And dont be embarrassed for me son. It is fact that the highest ever turn-out of first (and last) time voters crawled out of their holes to vote for brexit based solely and squarely on the racist agenda stirred up by UKIP and the tories. They wanted the poles and muslims out, nothing more. No amount of your political rhetoric garbage can mask that fact.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What’s your opinion of the orange marches and Dark money Ruth

Funnily enough you have never posted about that.

Britnat troll who still has not answered the question who he votes for.

I did answer.

Having a different opinion does not make someone a troll you tool.

Wow more vacuous garbage. And dont be embarrassed for me son. It is fact that the highest ever turn-out of first (and last) time voters crawled out of their holes to vote for brexit based solely and squarely on the racist agenda stirred up by UKIP and the tories. They wanted the poles and muslims out, nothing more. No amount of your political rhetoric garbage can mask that fact.

Don't waste your time reading his posts, everyone knows he's an obese low paid weegie Tim with issues of self esteem that no one takes seriously. 

Wow. Complete and utter garbage. At least it lets you feel superior though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I did answer.

Having a different opinion does not make someone a troll you tool.

What party then

Let me guess you used to vote snp ..but

Or you vote many different party's based on bla bla bla

Lets put it this way if there were a general election tomorrow who would you vote for.

Lets see if we get an answer so i can decide to engage or if you are only a troll

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What party then

Let me guess you used to vote snp ..but

Or you vote many different party's based on bla bla bla

Lets put it this way if there were a general election tomorrow who would you vote for.

Lets see if we get an answer so i can decide to engage or if you are only a troll

I don't give a fuck if you engage me, I already answered.

Absolute pish. No wonder there is no detail or references.

Scotland doesnt lose out thanks to Brexit, it would gain significant new powers and opportunities.

These are the powers it will lose out on.

Unless you have facts not hearsay to counter this

Personally dont care about most of that shit but why lie you do know you will be found out.

The full list of powers returning from the EU that intersect with the devolution settlement in Scotland

1. Agricultural Support

2. Agriculture - Fertiliser Regulations

3. Agriculture - GMO Marketing & Cultivation

4. Agriculture - Organic Farming

5. Agriculture - Zootech

6. Animal Health and Traceability

7. Animal Welfare

8. Aviation Noise Management at Airports

9. Blood Safety and Quality

10.Carbon Capture & Storage

11.Chemicals regulation (including pesticides)

12.Civil judicial co-operation - jurisdiction and recognition & enforcement of judgments in civil & commercial matters (including B1 rules and related EU conventions)

13.Civil judicial co-operation - jurisdiction and recognition & enforcement of judgments instruments in family law (including BIIa, Maintenance and civil protection orders)

14.Civil judicial cooperation on service of documents and taking of evidence

15.Criminal offences minimum standards measures - Combating Child Sexual Exploitation Directive

16.Control of major accident hazards

17.Cross border mediation

18.Data sharing - (EU fingerprint database (EuroDac)

19.Data sharing - European Criminal Records Information System (ECRIS)

20.Data sharing - False and Authentic Documents Online (FADO)

21.Data sharing - passenger name records

22.Data sharing - Prüm framework

23.Data sharing - Schengen Information System (SIS II) 24.Efficiency in energy use 25.Elements of Reciprocal Healthcare

26.Elements of the Network and Information Security (NIS) Directive

27.Elements of Tobacco Regulation

28.Energy Performance of Buildings Directive

29.Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Directive

30.Environmental law concerning energy planning consents

31.Environmental law concerning offshore oil & gas installations within territorial waters 32.Environmental quality - Air Quality

33.Environmental quality - Chemicals

34.Environmental quality - Flood Risk Management

35.Environmental quality - International timber trade (EUTR and FLEGT)

36.Environmental quality - Marine environment

37.Environmental quality - Natural Environment and Biodiversity

38.Environmental quality - Ozone depleting substances and F-gases

39.Environmental quality - Pesticides

40.Environmental quality - Spatial Data Infrastructure Standards

41.Environmental quality - Waste Packaging & Product Regulations

42.Environmental quality - Waste Producer Responsibility Regulations

43.Environmental quality - Water Quality

44.Environmental quality - Water Resources

45.Environmental quality - Biodiversity - access and benefit sharing of genetic resources

46.Equal Treatment Legislation

47.EU agencies - EU-LISA

48.EU agencies - Eurojust

49.EU agencies - Europol

50.EU Social Security Coordination

51.Fisheries Management & Support

52.Food and Feed Law

53.Food Compositional Standards

54.Food Geographical Indications (Protected Food Names)

55.Food Labelling

56.Forestry (domestic)

57.Free movement of healthcare (the right for EEA citizens to have their elective

procedure in another member state)

58.Genetically modified micro-organisms contained use

59.Good laboratory practice

60.Harbours

61.Hazardous Substances Planning

62.Heat metering and billing information

63.High Efficiency Cogeneration

64.Implementation of EU Emissions Trading System

65.Ionising radiation

66.Land use

67.Late payment (commercial transactions)

68.Legal aid in cross-border cases

69.Migrant Access to benefits

70.Minimum standards -housing & care: regulation of the use of animals

71.Minimum standards legislation - child sexual exploitation

72.Minimum standards legislation - cybercrime

73.Minimum standards legislation - football disorder

74.Minimum standards legislation - human trafficking

75.Mutual recognition of professional qualifications

76.Mutual recognition of criminal court judgments measures & cross border cooperation -

European Protection Order, Prisoner Transfer Framework Directive, European

Supervision Directive, Compensation to Crime Victims Directive

77.Nutrition health claims, composition and labelling

78.Onshore hydrocarbons licensing

79.Organs

80.Plant Health, Seeds and Propagating Material

81.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - Asset Recovery Offices

82.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - European Investigation Order

83.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - Joint Action on Organised Crime

84.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - Joint investigation teams

85.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - mutual legal assistance

86.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - mutual recognition of asset freezing orders

87.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - mutual recognition of confiscation orders

88.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - Schengen Article 40

89.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - Swedish initiative

90.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - European judicial network

91.Practical cooperation in law enforcement - implementation of European Arrest

Warrant

92.Procedural rights (criminal cases) - minimum standards measures

93.Provision of legal services

94.Provision in the 1995 Data Protection Directive (soon to be replaced by the General

Data Protection Regulation) that allows for more than one supervisory authority in

each member state

95.Public sector procurement

96.Public health (serious cross-border threats to health)

97.Radioactive Source Notifications – Trans-frontier shipments

98.Radioactive waste treatment and disposal

99.Rail franchising rules

100.Rail markets and operator licensing

101.Recognition of insolvency proceedings in EU Member States

102.Renewable Energy Directive

103.Rules on applicable law in civil & commercial cross border claims

104.Sentencing - taking convictions into account

105.State Aid

106.Statistics

107.Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Directive

108.Tissues and cells

109.Uniform fast-track procedures for certain civil and commercial claims (uncontested

debts, small claims)

110.Victims rights measures (criminal cases)

111.Voting rights and candidacy rules for EU citizens in local government elections

• Downvote 3

Are you embarrassed at who you vote for

Its a simple question

It's a different question. I am not embarrassed at all, the point is that unlike football I don't have a party I vote for, many others are the same. Unfortunately as I am noticing here SNP supporters are treating politics like football and swear blind allegiance to a cause.

I'm happy to admit that being a football supporter is largely about being completely irrational. I try not to approach politics in the same way hence I evaluate and read and think before deciding which way to vote. The outcome of that is that in my adult life I have voted for most parties, INCLUDING THE TORIES on one occasion. I will probably vote for them again in my life if I think it is the best decision to protect the nation's interests. It's looking less likely that I would vote SNP as they are shower of cretins but you never know. The party that currently has the best policy proposals is the SDP but they are unfortunately nowhere to be seen.

• Upvote 2

It's a different question. I am not embarrassed at all, the point is that unlike football I don't have a party I vote for, many others are the same. Unfortunately as I am noticing here SNP supporters are treating politics like football and swear blind allegiance to a cause.

Nonsense. There's people who vote all parties who view politics this way and to try and claim that it's an SNP voter issue is blinkered in the extreme. It does your argument no favours tbh.

For someone who was whinging about abuse and stereotyping, you fair jump to doing that a lot yourself. Try having an argument based on arguments, not vacuous nonsense about tartan army types or fitba tribalism.

I'm happy to admit that being a football supporter is largely about being completely irrational. I try not to approach politics in the same way hence I evaluate and read and think before deciding which way to vote. The outcome of that is that in my adult life I have voted for most parties, INCLUDING THE TORIES on one occasion. I will probably vote for them again in my life if I think it is the best decision to protect the nation's interests. It's looking less likely that I would vote SNP as they are shower of cretins but you never know. The party that currently has the best policy proposals is the SDP but they are unfortunately nowhere to be seen.

Ok so you think the snp are a shower of cretins fair enough your opinion

What do you think of labour and the tories without deflecting the question

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Och c'mon man. Is it really impossible that people can think we would be better off outwith the EU without being racist? It's patronising guff like that that will mean leave would probably win any second referendum.

Im not saying for a second that everyone who voted for brexit did so with a racist agenda im saying clearly that there was a phenomenon in that specific brexit referendum that saw the jeremy kyle crew crawl out from under their stones and for the first and probably last time in their lives, vote, and they did so, i’ll surmise, not for any fiscal reason, or any EU based reason, but because they dont like foreigners. This unusual voter demographic was well documented at the time. And ukip and the conservatives played them like a fiddle and it worked.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Im not saying for a second that everyone who voted for brexit did so with a racist agenda im saying clearly that there was a phenomenon in that specific brexit referendum that saw the jeremy kyle crew crawl out from under their stones and for the first and probably last time in their lives, vote, and they did so, i’ll surmise, not for any fiscal reason, or any EU based reason, but because they dont like foreigners. This unusual voter demographic was well documented at the time. And ukip and the conservatives played them like a fiddle and it worked.

Could it maybe be that the 'Jeremy Kyle crew' perhaps feel failed by our political system and faced with a choice of change or the status quo voted for change. Easier to just sneer at folk though.

• Upvote 1