Worth A Look?

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I totally agree about Siegrist. But he wouldn't sign for us to play second fiddle to Lewis. Nor should he.....he's a better 'keeper all round.

However we are locked into Lewis until summer 2024

It won't be a popular opinion on here but I really think that giving him the new contract for so long (with the captaincy thrown in) is a decision we will come to regret 

Behave - Lewis is miles better than the jute 

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I totally agree about Siegrist. But he wouldn't sign for us to play second fiddle to Lewis. Nor should he.....he's a better 'keeper all round.

However we are locked into Lewis until summer 2024

It won't be a popular opinion on here but I really think that giving him the new contract for so long (with the captaincy thrown in) is a decision we will come to regret 

Thats a fair shout. Am not convinced. Even if he has to be number two for the last 12 or 18 months of his contract then i could still see it having been worth it

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why are we going to regret having Joe Lewis for another couple of years? 

Took us ages to get a decent goalie.

I don't think we will regret having him as a goalie for another couple of seasons, I think the issue we have is he doesn't seem to be a great fit for the captaincy.
If we take this away from him how will this affect is form, some feel it has dropped since he got it, I kind of agree, but I really don't think he has had much help with senior players chiping in the past season.
And also the utter crap managment of DM, his tactics, team selection..

I would love to see an outfield player take the roll on, Fergie, Mcrorie, seem obvious choices.

Just now, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I don't think we will regret having him as a goalie for another couple of seasons, I think the issue we have is he doesn't seem to be a great fit for the captaincy.
If we take this away from him how will this affect is form, some feel it has dropped since he got it, I kind of agree, but I really don't think he has had much help with senior players chiping in the past season.

I would love to see an outfield player take the roll on, Fergie, Mcrorie, seem obvious choices.

Solution is to discuss taking the captaincy off him.  He seems a sensible lad. I'm sure he knows when he's in good form and when he isn't. 

But you need to have a better candidate to take the role if you want to go down that route otherwise you just piss the player off. 

54 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Both huns. Fuck off.

Next.

• Downvote 3
1 minute ago, Dad said:

Appere his name is for ref

He's from just up the road from me...attended Bell Baxter high in Cupar. They like to think of themselves as a rugby playing school although they did/do have a piss poor football team.

He's certainly a good age but if we have all our midfielders fit, would he get much game time?

Wouldn't rule him out, but I suspect he won't be joining us. Just a hunch

2 hours ago, Dad said:

FYI - according to transfermarkets.com: Luka Zahovic currently retails at 900 thousand bangers.

Cosgrove punted for 1.5m; 900k on Luka - 600k on the title party

He's playing for some no-mark Polish mob now?  Surely it's time to swoop?  (this needs to go into the football cliche thread)

17 hours ago, standfree1978 said:

Serrano from Livvy would be worth a pre contract if he fancies extending his stay in Scotland. Been good everytime I've seen him and likes a set piece too.

Nicky Devlin from Livi might be an option too - given we're really struggling at right back!  I don't know too much about him, but a lot folk raving about him - saying his form this season should have him ahead of O'Donnell in the Scotland pecking order!  That's not saying much mind!

Looks like a journeyman, according to his wikipedia 'y'know', so many here would probably turn their noses up.... couldn't be worse than Logan and surely a lot cheaper?  Seems a strange one - played every week in England for league One Wallsall, and they offered him a new contract.  He turned that down to come back to Scotland and play for Livi, in his prime years - probably getting paid buttons!

His contract expires in May.

So, I'll ask the question - 'Worth a look?'

If Logan's contract trigger for a one year extension is on the same terms as Considine's (complete guesswork) then he'll likely hit it and earn a one year extension.

He's regressing a bit but it's not the worst as we currently have 14 due to leave this summer (+ any last minute loan signing if that happens).

9 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Nicky Devlin from Livi might be an option too - given we're really struggling at right back!  I don't know too much about him, but a lot folk raving about him - saying his form this season should have him ahead of O'Donnell in the Scotland pecking order!  That's not saying much mind!

Looks like a journeyman, according to his wikipedia 'y'know', so many here would probably turn their noses up.... couldn't be worse than Logan and surely a lot cheaper?  Seems a strange one - played every week in England for league One Wallsall, and they offered him a new contract.  He turned that down to come back to Scotland and play for Livi, in his prime years - probably getting paid buttons!

His contract expires in May.

So, I'll ask the question - 'Worth a look?'

Definitely, as he is part of a team that is going through a period of not looking as though they are going to get beat.

You don't do that through luck and it takes a collective effort to go on such a run. 

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

If Logan's contract trigger for a one year extension is on the same terms as Considine's (complete guesswork) then he'll likely hit it and earn a one year extension.

He's regressing a bit but it's not the worst as we currently have 14 due to leave this summer (+ any last minute loan signing if that happens).

Time he got bombed from the squad then