Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

So you'd give up sovereignty straight away to an undemocratic institution and take on the euro, huge levels of fiscal austerity to meet conditions to join. My main issue though is the incoherence - freedom from the apparent yoke of Westminster which at least is a functioning democracy to be a smaller fish in a far less accountable rule maker.

Turn that another way and you have this

45082109-4674-4-A3-B-A023-1-EB274-C8-A19

• Upvote 1

What like Civil Servants at Westminster do?

Haha. Only it has. You're either really thick, or attempting to mislead people by claiming Scotland would have to join the Euro

Civil servants do not introduce legislation, if you can't see the difference then there's no point continuing.

As for the Euro, indeed the commitment may be something that can be left hanging but what currency would we have?

• Downvote 1

An independent Scotland which is part of the EU would be the ideal situation yes. What would be your main issue with that?

That contradicts your previous statement saying you wanted Scotland to be "self-governing and wholly independent".

A Scotland in the EU has significantly less autonomy than Scotland in the UK.

And it will continue to get less and less, in the EU.  Fans of the EU seem oblivious to the continuing ongoing push to dissolve national identities in favour of an EU superstate.

The EU wants to create its own army, France is pushing for an EU finance minister controlling a single EU budget etc.

Oh, and:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You grew up and everything was straightforward?

A very childlike, simplistic thing to say.

A good strong Tory government that didnt have a majority vote in Scotland for most of it - is that the simpler times youre talking about?

Im no tartan army geezer i just recognise that Scotland should categorically be self-governing and a wholly independent country based on simple facts.

Population of 5million, far easier to manage. Far easier to implement changes in a timely cost effective way. We are a smart enough people to make sure our country doesnt fall apart.

The likes of Norway, Finland, Iceland, Sweden all manage fine, thriving in fact and are comparable in economy and population to us. Better schools, better health care.

Britain is a fucking shambles. How much has this protracted brexit shambles cost us and its still not sorted. The SNP never caused that.

A lot of NO retards dont even realise that in an independent Scotland it doesnt have to be the SNP in charge. Im sure the Scottish tories and Labour will become stronger within an independent Scotland. I bore myself with this stuff tbh so i’ll stop but in conclusion, NO cunts are selfish fucking wimps. No faith in our own to run our own affairs but Teresa and Boris, aye they’ll do. Fuck off

Correct!

In fact they have played a significant part in causing the current situation, along with other anti-democracy remainers.

Have they fuck. Brexit was created by a tory/ukip allegiance and voted in primarily on a racist, anti-immigration agenda, voted for by a majority of folk who have never voted before because they are the Jeremy Kyle crew. And then old folk and red necks who fear outsiders and difference. It has then dragged on and on and the tories are on their 3rd prime minister because of it and it still rumbles on in a mire of uncertainty and at a great cost. The tories cant agree on it which is why it has dragged on. What has the SNP got to do with that? Fuck all is the answer.

The sooner Scotland becomes independent the better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

The EU is undemocratic to its core as legislation is introduced by unelected bureaucrats then amended by meps. Members are then bound by this legislation.

The hol performs a similar function but does NOT introduce legislation merely amends it, so it does not rule over us as you suggest.

Scotland would have to commit to join the Euro. This is not a myth and has not been busted.

With the shit state of the value of the £ i'd rather join the euro.